Magic Kingdom Adventureland

BlakeW39

Original Poster
While I'm happy that we're getting some stuff for Tomorrowland (including TRON, so maybe close Space Mountain for a massive refurb?) but honestly the land I see as most in trouble is Adventureland. Any chance we could be seeing some help over there? Not even necessarily for the 50th just in general.

Heppenheimer

While I'm happy that we're getting some stuff for Tomorrowland (including TRON, so maybe close Space Mountain for a massive refurb?) but honestly the land I see as most in trouble is Adventureland. Any chance we could be seeing some help over there? Not even necessarily for the 50th just in general.
I've heard persistent rumors about the Jungle Cruise getting an up-date, but I don't know how credible they are. I hope they don't lose the retro 30's decor and music, though.

I think most of us would dread another update of the Tiki Room, seeing how bad the last attempt was.

yedliW

I've heard persistent rumors about the Jungle Cruise getting an up-date, but I don't know how credible they are. I hope they don't lose the retro 30's decor and music, though.

I think most of us would dread another update of the Tiki Room, seeing how bad the last attempt was.

As much as I like The Rock, I hope they don't add him to the Jungle Cruise for the movie tie-in.. Sure.. update (fix) the animatronics and other effects, but don't do what they did to Pirates.

BlakeW39

Original Poster

Yeah I think I remember hearing about that a while back as well. Given that Jungle Cruise has a big bro, Kilimanjaro Safaris (what Walt dreamed JC to be) Jungle Cruise could honestly use an update to give it some story and separate it from KS aside from jokes instead of nature doc. Honestly I think it needs an update more than pirates does even.

As much as I like The Rock, I hope they don't add him to the Jungle Cruise for the movie tie-in.. Sure.. update (fix) the animatronics and other effects, but don't do what they did to Pirates.

I actually don't like the Rock all that much lol. And I don't think the movie will be good enough to where I'd want it touching the ride. But we don't always get what we want do we lol

yedliW

Yeah I think I remember hearing about that a while back as well. Given that Jungle Cruise has a big bro, Kilimanjaro Safaris (what Walt dreamed JC to be) Jungle Cruise could honestly use an update to give it some story and separate it from KS aside from jokes instead of nature doc. Honestly I think it needs an update more than pirates does even.

I actually don't like the Rock all that much lol. And I don't think the movie will be good enough to where I'd want it touching the ride. But we don't always get what we want do we lol

I don't anticipate the movie doing well either. I may or may not see it (probably not in the theater.. but when it hits Disney+, I'll probably check it out). Hopefully it won't be as bad as Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion movie looked (I never saw that one either).

I Really like what the Jungle Cruise is now and hope any update keeps the flavor and heart of what it is. The campy-ness of it is part of why I love it!

JIMINYCR

It would be nice to get something else into the land that would make it more appealing. Theres more space in the JC route where things could be added in if an update came. The Treehouse and Aladdins Carpets are depressors to the area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would be nice to get something else into the land that would make it more appealing. Theres more space in the JC route where things could be added in if an update came. The Treehouse and Aladdins Carpets are depressors to the area.
The treehouse takes up negligible room that couldn’t easily be used otherwise.

The spinner just blocks traffic and lowers the areas aesthetics.

yensidtlaw1969

I can’t help but wonder anytime I hear someone bring up the idea of replacing anything like the Treehouse (or Mr. Toad at DL, or any of these pocket-sized attractions) what people think could be done that would somehow make better use of such minuscule spaces. Half the space would evaporate immediately just in accommodating today’s building standards and codes. You’ll never get a better attraction on the Treehouse plot without ripping out absolutely everything around it - the space is maximized.

BlakeW39

Original Poster

Treehouse isn't all bad.

But yeah something to plus AL would be dope. A new ride would obviously be best but a heavily updated JC or even Pirates would be cool too. Isn't anything set in stone for the 50th though, huh?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Your going to know this a lot better than me. What is the area around the tree house used for? Seems serviceable. Is it used for JC storage, boat repair etc? Doesn't seem part of the main ride.

ToyStoryMiss

Honestly, they should get rid of Magic Carpets (I enjoy it but I can get the same experience at Dumbo so..not really necessary), but still put something Aladdin-themed in AL, like a dark ride. I’d love to that in a similar fashion to Pinocchio out in DL.
And maybe return the Tiki Room to it’s original runtime.
The Treehouse can stay, though, I actually find it quite nice.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Aren't they considering giving the Tiki Room a Moana-themed overlay, according to the thread about Dinoland USA being rethemed to Indiana Jones (Page 73, to be precise)?

Yeah ya know I keep hearing about Indy coming to the parks. If he belongs anywhere it's an E-ticket for Adventureland.

Always wondered how they'd do an Indy land. He's an explorer who visits any number of real world locations. Idk. If done right it'd be really cool tho.

Idk why Tiki needs an overlay but okay.

N2dru

Maybe bring back the Fire Mountain concept. Build the path to it between Pirates and the Jungle Cruise. Maybe taking some acreage from the JC like DL did when IJA was built. Have the railroad go through it and you're completing the MK's mountain range with a volcano. It would create a great backdrop from across SSL from the Polynesian Village too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Your going to know this a lot better than me. What is the area around the tree house used for? Seems serviceable. Is it used for JC storage, boat repair etc? Doesn't seem part of the main ride.

View attachment 369881
The JC maintenance dock is just below your red line. Above this is the original Swan Boat maintenance dock.

Then you have the waterway (the tree sits on an island) that’s part of the hub waterway system and JC overflow.

The area below the word The is actually a small expansion pad. Originally it was planned to be an Adventureland restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom