Magic Kingdom Adventureland

ppete1975

Can they change anything on the treehouse? I ask because I wonder if any changes were made it would need to be brought up to ADA requirements. But I really don't know the rules there, and I know some of you are more versed in that.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Is it?
The first one is based in 1982... the sequel is based around 2010. Yes it looks futuristic, but its really the past.

Welp. There goes that. What even is Tomorrowland? Does it really even have a theme or is it just a general aesthetic? Even then at least Tron fits a 'futuristic' aesthetic... but yikes. Nothing really of the future.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, because it IS a historically significant attraction in Disney history.. but ALSO, because it is still quite popular. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s continued popularity debunks your opinions as it is. It’s a solid entertaining attraction. Simple as that. :) Not every attraction has to appeal to you (as long as it is appealing to the vast majority of theme park guests).
As long as you get a good skipper. If not, it's just IASW in the Jungle.

Purduevian

On the expansion plot mentioned before...
The area is quite large: around 30,500 m^2. For comparison this is about the size of Disneylands ENTIRE Adventureland!
As far as access to the area... it's quite easy really and takes 2 steps:
1) reroute Caribbean way to go along the outside of whatever is built
2)Make the portion of Caribbean way "On stage" and guest accessible (already passes under the railroad) and move the parade starting spot back to connect with Frontieerland.
Expansion pad for WDW AL:

Disneyland Adventureland:

As for what to do with this land, it should be more than just a single E-ticket, but a mini or full new land for the magic kingdom.

If included in Adventureland options include:
1) Move all Polynesian stuff out of AL prime and make it a tropical section complete with Moana E-Ticket
2) Move the carpets from Aladdin into the area and create a Arabian Coast area complete with a cave on wonders E-Ticket based on mystic manor (abu is the monkey that touches the lamp, then the goal is to escape!)
3)Indy Indy Indy, bring an updated ride from DL, and maybe a resturant and smaller C-ticket boat ride.

If not included in Adventureland, making it the first new land since Toontown, it could be anything that fits the semi real world feel of Adventureland and Frontieerland.
-Arctic land (with some frozen thrown in)
-Discovery Bay (with Jules Verne inspiration)
-Middle Ages Land with the dragon rollercoaster planned for AK
-Anything else Imagineering can think up.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Well, because it IS a historically significant attraction in Disney history.. but ALSO, because it is still quite popular. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s continued popularity debunks your opinions as it is. It’s a solid entertaining attraction. Simple as that. :) Not every attraction has to appeal to you (as long as it is appealing to the vast majority of theme park guests).

Yes it is historically significant. But I think Jungle Cruise is the prime example of a museum item. I actually like Jungle Cruise. But the fact is that Disney could do much better with that space if we ignore JC being a classic. Jungle Cruise is one of the most dated attractions on property imo.

I don't know that I want it gone but a better attraction could certainly be made. I think it's fun but think about what we could havw its place... additionally, I suppose something could be added separately from it without its destruction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes it is historically significant. But I think Jungle Cruise is the prime example of a museum item. I actually like Jungle Cruise. But the fact is that Disney could do much better with that space if we ignore JC being a classic. Jungle Cruise is one of the most dated attractions on property imo.

I don't know that I want it gone but a better attraction could certainly be made. I think it's fun but think about what we could havw its place... additionally, I suppose something could be added separately from it without its destruction.
There are poorer attractions that are less popular and need more work. Tiki Room being one of those.

RandySavage

Jungle Cruise is the quintessential Adventureland attraction, and, yet, one I wish would be dramatically changed. The problem for me is the not-that-funny, self-referential spiel, delivered by a non-equity Skipper with mediocre acting skills, coupled with the older animated figures, makes it a little awkward to experience.

It's heresey to many, but I wish they would get rid of the live skipper (replaced by an AA or a lucky rider that gets to take the wheel) and introduce a pre-recorded spiel along with new technology that allows the boat to change speed and direction for enhanced show scenes. I will always take a great recorded spiel (old-school Disney style) over a mediocre live spiel. An exceptional live Skipper can make the attraction, but they are 1-in-100. Maybe if you had professional actors who could really play the Bogart role, that would be different, but having Kathy, a grandma from tampa, or Billy, the college kid, leading us into the dangerous & mysterious rivers of the world... it just doesn't work. (I feel the same way about Kilimanjaro Safaris.)

Here's the classic Thurl Ravenscroft JC spiel:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom