Magic Kingdom Adventureland

yensidtlaw1969

Except you've forgotten to mention the other major problem with the carpets being in the middle (literally) of Adventureland.

They ruin the immersive theming of the land. Those ugly, cartoon carpets drastically take away from what is supposed to transport you to an exotic tropical rainforest.

Everyone always talks about DAK or Epcot having theme which shouldn't be strayed away from, but MK is themed to! This isn't directed at you now, but everyone always tries to shove random crap into the MK w/o concern for theme. People were saying GotG should go there and take Space Mt to Epcot...lol GotG fits no more there than in Epcot.
That's true, I didn't mention it specifically - that's a big part of why I'd like to see the Carpets go. If they want to build an Aladdin area else-places in Adventureland I'd accept them moving there . . . though that may not even fit there thematically, depending on how well-realized such a thing would be. The Carpets contraption is really more of a gag of an object than it is something that could plausibly be found in Agrabah. There's a reason it was redesigned when imported into Tokyo Disney Sea's Arabian Coast, and even then it's still a little "out there".

BlakeW39

Original Poster
That's true, I didn't mention it specifically - that's a big part of why I'd like to see the Carpets go. If they want to build an Aladdin area else-places in Adventureland I'd accept them moving there . . . though that may not even fit there thematically, depending on how well-realized such a thing would be. The Carpets contraption is really more of a gag of an object than it is something that could plausibly be found in Agrabah. There's a reason it was redesigned when imported into Tokyo Disney Sea's Arabian Coast, and even then it's still a little "out there".

Plus the carpets are a little bit redundant with Disney classic Dumbo over in Fantasyland.

Tbh I don't think they'd fit anywhere thematically. Especially since Adventureland is a realistically themed area. I would love to see a new E in Adventureland as behind the jumbled mess that is Tomorrowland, Adventureland surely needs the most help. However carpets I don't think are really even the best fit for that either in my mind.

I will add that the Treehouse actually strengthens the land, and I have no clue why anyone would want such a unique attraction to be completely destroyed.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, May 11, 2019. The serving area for Tortuga Tavern is closed and surrounded by a construction wall. The open air seating area is still accessible if you want to sit there.

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

jayone91

I’m not a fan of the Aladdin flying carpets. They are just a roadblock and create such a pedestrian traffic jam in that area. I always do my best to avoid that intersection all together because of that ride.

If recent history is any indication of the future, I’m sure if the Jungle Cruise movie is mildly successful we will see an update to the ride with a new movie themed overlay.

While I enjoy the nostalgia of the Jungle Cruise attraction, I think it’s time has passed. It’s a very dated attraction in need of a change in my opinion.

ObscurityPoint

Best thing that could happen to adventureland rn would be the expansion/refurbishment of Tortuga Tavern and removing Magic Carpets for a new adventure/tiki-themed courtyard.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I’m not a fan of the Aladdin flying carpets. They are just a roadblock and create such a pedestrian traffic jam in that area. I always do my best to avoid that intersection all together because of that ride.

If recent history is any indication of the future, I’m sure if the Jungle Cruise movie is mildly successful we will see an update to the ride with a new movie themed overlay.

While I enjoy the nostalgia of the Jungle Cruise attraction, I think it’s time has passed. It’s a very dated attraction in need of a change in my opinion.

I don't think anyone is a 'fan of the Aladdin flying carpets' lol.

Jungle Cruise will probably be a mild success as you've said, or it won't be, it'll flop and stop or bring in a ton of money and we could see a redo.

Either way I think we can all (or should all) agree that while JC is an absolute classic, it is run down near to the point of embarassment, and it obviously is neef of a massive change. It no longer represents the ride Walk envisioned to be the main E of Adventureland; you can tell by the fact that the reason people still ride it is "puns." I got love for JC but yeah it needs to change.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think Adventureland is fine as it is. Both Jungle Cruise and Pirates are moderately popular. And Carpets even serves its purpose (I’m not a fan tho)

The weakest thing outside of the treehouse is Tiki Room. I was personally a fan of the UNM show, but that’s because I grew up with that one, not the original. When the original came out, I thought It was a total snoozfest. I think a Moana or Stitch edition would be pretty good and fitting.

JohnD

Plus the carpets are a little bit redundant with Disney classic Dumbo over in Fantasyland.

Tbh I don't think they'd fit anywhere thematically. Especially since Adventureland is a realistically themed area. I would love to see a new E in Adventureland as behind the jumbled mess that is Tomorrowland, Adventureland surely needs the most help. However carpets I don't think are really even the best fit for that either in my mind.

I will add that the Treehouse actually strengthens the land, and I have no clue why anyone would want such a unique attraction to be completely destroyed.

I agree that Carpets is redundant. I don't think WDW management cares. It's a people eater that spreads crowds. But personally, I would like it go and re-open that space.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I think Adventureland is fine as it is. Both Jungle Cruise and Pirates are moderately popular. And Carpets even serves its purpose (I’m not a fan tho)

The weakest thing outside of the treehouse is Tiki Room. I was personally a fan of the UNM show, but that’s because I grew up with that one, not the original. When the original came out, I thought It was a total snoozfest. I think a Moana or Stitch edition would be pretty good and fitting.

I don't know how Adventureland is fine; Our pirates is the least of all versions and Jungle Cruise is almost laughable in how dated its tech and ride experience are. Carpets suck and serve no good purpose. Treehouse is actually the one thing I think that literally should just be left as is and needs no change (that isn't to say I enjoy it more than, say, Pirates).

WondersOfLife

I don't know how Adventureland is fine; Our pirates is the least of all versions and Jungle Cruise is almost laughable in how dated its tech and ride experience are. Carpets suck and serve no good purpose. Treehouse is actually the one thing I think that literally should just be left as is and needs no change (that isn't to say I enjoy it more than, say, Pirates).
1). Pirates at MK, while not the best of all of them, is honestly still a pretty good ride. (Also something average theme park guests don't know the comparison of) 2). Jungle Cruise is literally supposed to be laughable because of how cheesy and dated it is. I have no idea what other concept you expect out of that ride. 3). Carpets, I agree with you on. But I am also neutral. 4). Treehouse actually does suck, but there's nothing to replace it with. So I agree.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
1). Pirates at MK, while not the best of all of them, is honestly still a pretty good ride. (Also something average theme park guests don't know the comparison of) 2). Jungle Cruise is literally supposed to be laughable because of how cheesy and dated it is. I have no idea what other concept you expect out of that ride. 3). Carpets, I agree with you on. But I am also neutral. 4). Treehouse actually does suck, but there's nothing to replace it with. So I agree.

1. Yes it is a good ride. But it can be plussed to be a better ride. And that could make it more of a headliner.
2. Jungle Cruise was not designed to be laughable, it was designed as a journey into the jungle - an exotic adventure. This is what I gather watching Walt describe the ride. It has become a joke because literally the only element which is good is castmembers making corny jokes on how dated and laughable it has become.
3. Yeah carpets suck we all know that
4. Treehouse doesn't suck it's a niche attraction, which adds enough atmosphere and can't be replaced so there's no reason to demo it.

WondersOfLife

1. Yes it is a good ride. But it can be plussed to be a better ride. And that could make it more of a headliner.
2. Jungle Cruise was not designed to be laughable, it was designed as a journey into the jungle - an exotic adventure. This is what I gather watching Walt describe the ride. It has become a joke because literally the only element which is good is castmembers making corny jokes on how dated and laughable it has become.
3. Yeah carpets suck we all know that
4. Treehouse doesn't suck it's a niche attraction, which adds enough atmosphere and can't be replaced so there's no reason to demo it.
Except literally no Jungle Cruise ever, anymore, exists like that now. Because it would suck. The serious version lasted just a few years from what I can tell. A comedic boat ride making fun of corny effects is much more entertaining than a 'serious informative' boat ride.

You can go on Kilimanjaro Safaris for that alternative experience.

Your other three points I agree with.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Except literally no Jungle Cruise ever, anymore, exists like that now. Because it would suck. The serious version lasted just a few years from what I can tell. A comedic boat ride making fun of corny effects is much more entertaining than a 'serious informative' boat ride.

You can go on Kilimanjaro Safaris for that alternative experience.

Your other three points I agree with.

Yes but it wasn't effects that were laughable for all of that time. It was not dated then in the same way it is now. Kili is actually a great comparison. Now that we have that JC really is just a comedy show. There is NO reason a show like Jungle Cruise should take up that kind of space. Forgive me but explain to me why puns should take up that much space in Adventureland.

WondersOfLife

Yes but it wasn't effects that were laughable for all of that time. It was not dated then in the same way it is now. Kili is actually a great comparison. Now that we have that JC really is just a comedy show. There is NO reason a show like Jungle Cruise should take up that kind of space. Forgive me but explain to me why puns should take up that much space in Adventureland.
Well, because it IS a historically significant attraction in Disney history.. but ALSO, because it is still quite popular. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s continued popularity debunks your opinions as it is. It’s a solid entertaining attraction. Simple as that. :) Not every attraction has to appeal to you (as long as it is appealing to the vast majority of theme park guests).

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Would love to see them move the Carpets to Morocco in Epcot. A kiddie ride in a section of the park that is not overly kid-friendly!

Heavens no! The carpets are awful enough at Magic Kingdom, I don't want them to uglify World Showcase.

ppete1975

Yes Fire Mountain would have been really cool but honestly at this point it's almost pointless because let's face it, we ain't gettin' it. I for one am slightly happy Tron is coming to the MK. TL is a jumbled mess, needs another E, and Tron is an E which is actually themed to the future, not just vague sci-fi aesthetic.
Is it?
The first one is based in 1982... the sequel is based around 2010. Yes it looks futuristic, but its really the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom