Magic Kingdom Adventureland

ppete1975

Honestly, they should get rid of Magic Carpets (I enjoy it but I can get the same experience at Dumbo so..not really necessary), but still put something Aladdin-themed in AL, like a dark ride. I’d love to that in a similar fashion to Pinocchio out in DL.
And maybe return the Tiki Room to it’s original runtime.
The Treehouse can stay, though, I actually find it quite nice.
Keep the tree, small footprint and it is something for people to do (also history with little upkeep needed). I wouldn't get rid of the magic carpets... I would move it and maybe retheme it. Its in a horrible spot and creates a bottleneck and looks cheap and ruins the theming. But put somewhere else with a bit of retheming is something for people to do. I'm all for adding and repurposing instead of removal as the parks need as much for people to do as possible.

RaveOnEd

I've heard persistent rumors about the Jungle Cruise getting an up-date, but I don't know how credible they are. I hope they don't lose the retro 30's decor and music, though.

I think most of us would dread another update of the Tiki Room, seeing how bad the last attempt was.
From most of what I'm reading, the movie will take place in the ride's time period, which could mean either a nod to the ride for the movie, or preparation to integrate movie elements to the ride, just in case it's a hit.

JIMINYCR

The treehouse takes up negligible room that couldn’t easily be used otherwise.

The spinner just blocks traffic and lowers the areas aesthetics.
I said nothing about replacing either, just was referring to them as poor items in the land that dont lead guests to say... Gee lets run to Adventureland to do the Treehouse or Aladdins. Neither are items that build the land up or makes the area one guests get excited over.

RaveOnEd

Now that would be cool. Either way what we have now is cheap and is a clone of Dumbo, plus it blocks traffic in a ver conjested area and greatly cheapens the exotic jungle theme.
And it could be a junior version of Soarin', made mainly for kids but enjoyable for all. Expand on the carpet segment from Philharmagic and it would be a great ride!

QuasiNoFroyo

I still wish they could have built that Moana volcano coaster that was once announced for WDW's Adventureland a couple years back. I think it would work perfectly as a water coaster (think SeaWorld's Journey to Atlantis, but with longer and faster roller coaster portions and much better show scenes). Also, by adding the Moana coaster, all four elements could be properly represented at the Magic Kingdom in terms of its collection of mountains. Think about it:

Space Mountain = Air
Big Thunder Mountain = Earth
Splash Mountain = Water
Moana volcano coaster = Fire

dinglehopper810

I still wish they could have built that Moana volcano coaster that was once announced for WDW's Adventureland a couple years back. I think it would work perfectly as a water coaster (think SeaWorld's Journey to Atlantis, but with longer and faster roller coaster portions and much better show scenes). Also, by adding the Moana coaster, all four elements could be properly represented at the Magic Kingdom in terms of its collection of mountains. Think about it:

Space Mountain = Air
Splash Mountain = Water

Now this would've been awesome! If I'm being 100% honest, despite the history, I'd trade in almost everything in Adventureland besides Pirates for this.

BlakeW39

Original Poster

Space Mountain = Air
Splash Mountain = Water

Yes Fire Mountain would have been really cool but honestly at this point it's almost pointless because let's face it, we ain't gettin' it. I for one am slightly happy Tron is coming to the MK. TL is a jumbled mess, needs another E, and Tron is an E which is actually themed to the future, not just vague sci-fi aesthetic.

Walt Disney1955

I can’t help but wonder anytime I hear someone bring up the idea of replacing anything like the Treehouse (or Mr. Toad at DL, or any of these pocket-sized attractions) what people think could be done that would somehow make better use of such minuscule spaces. Half the space would evaporate immediately just in accommodating today’s building standards and codes. You’ll never get a better attraction on the Treehouse plot without ripping out absolutely everything around it - the space is maximized.

This is what I say. Same with the odd person who wants to see Country Bear Jamboree replaced. Why? That is a perfect location for a show that fits the theme of Frontierland and it doesn't take up a lot of room. Swiss Family Treehouse is a classic and fits the Adventureland theme too. What else could possibly go in there? Aladdin would just be a big empty space. Aren't we supposed to want to see more rides to spread out the lines throughout the park?

Heppenheimer

Space Mountain = Air
Splash Mountain = Water
A Moana coaster would be cool, but I can't see where they could possibly put it. Looking at the satellite images of the Magic Kingdom, the only piece of vacant space anywhere near Adventureland is well outside the park, on a corner of land bordered by the monorail and the canal that connects the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Rivers of America. It doesn't look feasible.

QuasiNoFroyo

A Moana coaster would be cool, but I can't see where they could possibly put it. Looking at the satellite images of the Magic Kingdom, the only piece of vacant space anywhere near Adventureland is well outside the park, on a corner of land bordered by the monorail and the canal that connects the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Rivers of America. It doesn't look feasible.
But then again, Disneyland in California successfully managed to build the Indiana Jones Adventure show building well outside the park itself on top of reconfiguring the Jungle Cruise queue (by adding a second floor of it) in order to squeeze in the new ride's entrance and exit. So maybe something similar could happen in Florida in order to accommodate the new Moana attraction.

Heppenheimer

But then again, Disneyland in California successfully managed to build the Indiana Jones Adventure show building well outside the park itself on top of reconfiguring the Jungle Cruise queue (by adding a second floor of it) in order to squeeze in the new ride's entrance and exit. So maybe something similar could happen in Florida in order to accommodate the new Moana attraction.
Disneyland could do that because they could dig under existing structures to fit in the entrance queue. Disney World can't do that because of the high Florida water table, unless they send the entrance through part of the Utilidoors, which would probably substantially disrupt operations. To reach that vacant piece of land, they would need to construct some kind of long overhead walkway that is high enough to bypass the utility infrastructure but not ruin the sight-lines. Not saying it couldn't be done, but it wouldn't be particularly easy either.

yensidtlaw1969

I said nothing about replacing either, just was referring to them as poor items in the land that dont lead guests to say... Gee lets run to Adventureland to do the Treehouse or Aladdins. Neither are items that build the land up or makes the area one guests get excited over.
Those things you just said are at odds with each other - just because the Treehouse and Carpets don't make people want to run to Adventureland doesn't mean they don't build the land up. I don't particularly love the Carpets, and personally would prefer they be removed to open the space back up, but they do offer guests an additional attraction to keep them occupied once they've come into Adventureland for one of the more exciting ones.

Now, it's easy enough to say that the spaces the Treehouse and Carpets take up would be better served by filling them with more exciting attractions, but that can be said of anything - my point from earlier was that the spaces aren't large enough to accommodate more exciting attractions.

So the choice essentially becomes to either let them stay (and maybe find nice ways of plussing them, where possible) or remove the attractions from use - as I said before, I'd personally prefer the Carpets fly away for good, just because the advantage of reopening that space in my opinion outweighs the value of the attraction sitting there, but I understand the good that they do where they are.

If I had the choice, I'd add something of Treehouse-caliber the every land in the park - scenic walkthrough attractions that take up little space but enrich the park with details for those who are willing to find them. Disneyland Paris is full of these sorts of attractions and they work marvels for the atmosphere, both as something to look at and something to experience. They're not the worst for capacity either, they make for nice little release valves that give you something to see and do when the lines for other, more exciting attractions start to pick up past reason. And done right they can be their own draw - I don't know that anyone's ever planned a trip to Disneyland Paris JUST to see the Dragon's Lair, but I've never known anyone who's made the trip that didn't put it high on their list as a favorite. It's one of the big reasons I love to return to that park. I won't pretend the MK Treehouse has that level of power with guests, but that sort of experience adds up to enriching the park overall. We may not always feel their presence, but if they disappeared entirely we'd feel their absence.

EDITED to Add: All of this is to say, I'd be thrilled with more exciting attractions coming to Adventureland, I just don't have any expectation that the Treehouse or Carpet plots are the path to this. I'd love to see an expansion on the existing plot behind Adventureland giving us a Volcano, or Moana ride, or a real Aladdin area (and maybe the Carpets move there?), etc, etc.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Those things you just said are at odds with each other - just because the Treehouse and Carpets don't make people want to run to Adventureland doesn't mean they don't build the land up. I don't particularly love the Carpets, and personally would prefer they be removed to open the space back up, but they do offer guests an additional attraction to keep them occupied once they've come into Adventureland for one of the more exciting ones.

Now, it's easy enough to say that the spaces the Treehouse and Carpets take up would be better served by filling them with more exciting attractions, but that can be said of anything - my point from earlier was that the spaces aren't large enough to accommodate more exciting attractions.

So the choice essentially becomes to either let them stay (and maybe find nice ways of plussing them, where possible) or remove the attractions from use - as I said before, I'd personally prefer the Carpets fly away for good, just because the advantage of reopening that space in my opinion outweighs the value of the attraction sitting there, but I understand the good that they do where they are.

If I had the choice, I'd add something of Treehouse-caliber the every land in the park - scenic walkthrough attractions that take up little space but enrich the park with details for those who are willing to find them. Disneyland Paris is full of these sorts of attractions and they work marvels for the atmosphere, both as something to look at and something to experience. They're not the worst for capacity either, they make for nice little release valves that give you something to see and do when the lines for other, more exciting attractions start to pick up past reason. And done right they can be their own draw - I don't know that anyone's ever planned a trip to Disneyland Paris JUST to see the Dragon's Lair, but I've never known anyone who's made the trip that didn't put it high on their list as a favorite. It's one of the big reasons I love to return to that park. I won't pretend the MK Treehouse has that level of power with guests, but that sort of experience adds up to enriching the park overall. We may not always feel their presence, but if they disappeared entirely we'd feel their absence.

EDITED to Add: All of this is to say, I'd be thrilled with more exciting attractions coming to Adventureland, I just don't have any expectation that the Treehouse or Carpet plots are the path to this. I'd love to see an expansion on the existing plot behind Adventureland giving us a Volcano, or Moana ride, or a real Aladdin area (and maybe the Carpets move there?), etc, etc.

Except you've forgotten to mention the other major problem with the carpets being in the middle (literally) of Adventureland.

They ruin the immersive theming of the land. Those ugly, cartoon carpets drastically take away from what is supposed to transport you to an exotic tropical rainforest.

Everyone always talks about DAK or Epcot having theme which shouldn't be strayed away from, but MK is themed to! This isn't directed at you now, but everyone always tries to shove random crap into the MK w/o concern for theme. People were saying GotG should go there and take Space Mt to Epcot...lol GotG fits no more there than in Epcot.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's going to be the new "Preferred Parking Lot"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom