Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

I was wondering one night what is gonna happen to paint the night after pixar fest ends, Will it keep on going? Will it return to DL? Will it go to WDW? Not saying anything will happen but was just wondering.

I was wondering that to until WoCs rehab got extended. I’m sure that will keep PTN at DCA, assuming it wasn’t already going to be staying.

brb1006

I was wondering one night what is gonna happen to paint the night after pixar fest ends, Will it keep on going? Will it return to DL? Will it go to WDW? Not saying anything will happen but was just wondering.
Let the idea of Paint the Night coming to Disney World go already. :rolleyes:

Donaldfan1934

Would you rather have no nighttime parade at all than Paint the Night?

(Not attacking, just really curious cause I’d rather have it than having nothing like we’ve got right now)
Honestly It would depend on the scenario for me. Assuming that we're talking about the 50th here since this is a thread on the 50th, I think it would be a bit embarrassing if Disney had no nighttime parade for the 50th. And while I did agree with @brb1006 that the soundtrack didn't have the classic Disney feel, I was really impressed with PTN overall when I saw it at DL's 60th a few years back, so If Disney ends up in a situation where they have to recycle it for WDW's 50th, I'd be for it rather than against it.

In the years leading up to the 50th, however, I would rather wait a little bit longer and hold onto hope for the best option possible. Maybe it's because I became jaded with MSEP and wasn't won over by HEA (on a content level, not a technological one), but I wouldn't mind having a quieter park at night with less nighttime entertainment if we still have a chance of getting the best of the best in a few more years. So, in short, my answer is yes to PTN, but not before the 50th if it can be avoided.

brb1006

SpectroMagic is one of only two night time parades Magic Kingdom has ever had.
Let alone a parade made exclusively for WDW that never gained a clone unlike other night parades such as PTN, and MSEP. While Fantillusion was shipped to Paris with floats missing making the parade short.

Piebald

Yes, orchestrated music is the least we could ask for. While I appreciated PTN for it's technology, it's soundtrack holds it back from passing classic parades like SpectroMagic and Fantillusion. Needless to say, the move to DCA was completely justified.
Meh, I dont disagree but if the song is good then it's good. Tokyos new daytime parade music could probably be on a top 40 EDM music list and it's fantastic.

Donaldfan1934

Meh, I dont disagree but if the song is good then it's good. Tokyos new daytime parade music could probably be on a top 40 EDM music list and it's fantastic.
To be clear, I think PTN's soundtrack works well for what it is. I just feel that Disney parades and nighttime spectaculars are greatly elevated by orchestral soundtracks. To me, it's the difference between spectacle and spectacle with soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom