Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

If MK gets a new nighttime parade in time for the 50th Anniversary. I hope they get the same team who worked on Fantillusion and Spectromagic to come up with the float design. Both of those parades had a story to them that is told from the amount of floats. Not to mention both being orchestrated and unlike PTN feels timeless.

latest

Fantillusion.jpg

Spectromagic was the perfect parade to fit the nighttime atmosphere at MK. It seriously had that classic Disney charm which is missing from PTN. Especially when Wishes and Spectromagic used to run every night making Jiminy's role hosting both shows at night extra charming. Especially the final section of the parade.

Last edited:

IMDREW

If MK gets a new nighttime parade. I hope they hire the same team who worked on Fantillusion and Spectromagic to come up with the float design. Both of those parades had a story to them that is told from the amount of floats. Not to mention both being orchestrated and unlike PTN feels timeless.

Fantillusion.jpg

latest
I really loved fantillusion! Saw it way too few times.

Donaldfan1934

Spectromagic was the perfect parade to fit the nighttime atmosphere at MK. It seriously had that classic Disney charm which is missing from PTN. Especially when Wishes and Spectromagic used to run every night making Jiminy role hosting both shows at night extra charming.
No truer words have been said about this parade. I can't agree more that SpectroMagic and Wishes felt really cohesive when they ran together for the reasons that you stated. Growing up, their classic Disney charm made the MK's nighttime entertainment lineup possibly my favorite across the resort. These days, however, it's definitely the weakest lineup out of all four parks and that shouldn't be the case. Personally, I'd like to see them do a Dreamlights style reboot of SpectroMagic for the 50th. It would be the perfect way to celebrate a milestone anniversary as it would be a revival of something globally exclusive to MK that was itself created to celebrate a milestone aniversary. But no matter what ends up happening, I hope they can get some of the original team to work on a new parade like you suggested.

brb1006

No truer words have been said about this parade. I can't agree more that SpectroMagic and Wishes felt really cohesive when they ran together for the reasons that you stated. Growing up, their classic Disney charm made the MK's nighttime entertainment lineup possibly my favorite across the resort. These days, however, it's definitely the weakest lineup out of all four parks and that shouldn't be the case. Personally, I'd like to see them do a Dreamlights style reboot of SpectroMagic for the 50th. It would be the perfect way to celebrate a milestone anniversary as it would be a revival of something globally exclusive to MK that was itself created to celebrate a milestone aniversary. But no matter what ends up happening, I hope they can get some of the original team to work on a new parade like you suggested.
Helps that Fantillusion was worked on by the same team behind Fantasmic and Spectromagic.

Donaldfan1934

Helps that Fantillusion was worked on by the same team behind Fantasmic and Spectromagic.
And on a related note, I wonder how much of that team still works at Disney considering all of those shows were created 20+ years ago. Regardless of how many are currently working for the company, Disney should try and recruit whoever from the team willing as they created some of the best Disney spectaculars ever.

TTA94

And on a related note, I wonder how much of that team still works at Disney considering all of those shows were created 20+ years ago. Regardless of how many are currently working for the company, Disney should try and recruit whoever from the team willing as they created some of the best Disney spectaculars ever.

Its probably highly likely Steve Davison will be doing MKs parade.

brb1006

I also hope they go back to using orchestrated music and avoid pop style music. Just lesson to how wonderful the soundtrack for Fantillusion is.

Donaldfan1934

Its probably highly likely Steve Davison will be doing MKs parade.
I'm not so sure about that. If you look at his resume, WDW is the resort he's had the least influence on with only four projects to his name. Two of those four (Block Party Bash and Once Upon a Time) were inherited from DLR and TDR respectively. I'm not saying we won't be getting a Steve Davison parade for the 50th, but historically speaking, the odds are against that happening. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Davison#Walt Disney World Resort

brb1006

I'm not so sure about that. If you look at his resume, WDW is the resort he's had the least influence on with only four projects to his name. Two of those four (Block Party Bash and Once Upon a Time) were inherited from DLR and TDR respectively. I'm not saying we won't be getting a Steve Davison parade for the 50th, but historically speaking, the odds are against that happening. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Davison#Walt Disney World Resort
I wonder who worked on the parade score for Spectromagic and Fantillusion?

Donaldfan1934

I also hope they go back to using orchestrated music and avoid pop style music. Just lesson to how wonderful the soundtrack for Fantillusion is.

Yes, orchestrated music is the least we could ask for. While I appreciated PTN for it's technology, it's soundtrack holds it back from passing classic parades like SpectroMagic and Fantillusion. Needless to say, the move to DCA was completely justified.

Last edited:

Wegerter

The person who worked on those shows was Disney Legend Ron Logan who retired in the early 00's. Some of the same team may be with the company still but not him. https://d23.com/walt-disney-legend/ron-logan/

brb1006

Yes, orchestrated music is the least we could ask for. While I appreciated PTN for it's technology, it's soundtrack holds it back from passing classic parades like SpectroMagic and Fantillusion. Needless to say, the move to DCA was completely justified.
Speaking of orchestrated parade music, I also remember loving the music for Share A Dream Come True Parade since it really kept that whimsical feel of Disney during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom