Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Just curious does anyone know the current status of MSEP? Some say it’s still sitting in a parade storage building.

jrhwdw

Just curious does anyone know the current status of MSEP? Some say it’s still sitting in a parade storage building.
If it is......MK really should try and go for it! NEVER thought before July 2016 that MK would give up the night parade business! Thought they were better than that!

Donaldfan1934

I remember seeing videos of MSEP at DL when it returned and it's really showing it's age.
I actually saw it in person at DL and while I will say that the use of LED's improved the look a bit, the floats still looked ancient and ready to die. But if the show had to go on this long (about 20 years too late if you ask me), then at least the world said goodbye to it in the park where it was most beloved.

TTA94

If it is......MK really should try and go for it! NEVER thought before July 2016 that MK would give up the night parade business! Thought they were better than that!

Id love to be wrong but I think it’s set in stone that no floats covered in lights will be coming down MKs parade route until 2021, if that.

Disone

Id love to be wrong but I think it’s set in stone that no floats covered in lights will be coming down MKs parade route until 2021, if that.
I would love to proud you wrong. I just watched an exit interview Panda had with Dan Cockrell and..... Crushed. You are right. Panda trys to spin but Dan clearly states that as of his (very recent) departure nothing is approved, not even a budget. Sigh.

I know a lot of insiders here really feel as though it is approved and is only a matter of time before it is announced for the 50th anniversary.... maybe Dan was just being a good sport and not trying to spoil the surprise but when the outgoing president of the MK park states that no night time parade is in the works it kind of devastates hope.

Donaldfan1934

I would love to proud you wrong. I just watched an exit interview Panda had with Dan Cockrell and..... Crushed. You are right. Panda trys to spin but Dan clearly states that as of his (very recent) departure nothing is approved, not even a budget. Sigh.

I know a lot of insiders here really feel as though it is approved and is only a matter of time before it is announced for the 50th anniversary.... maybe Dan was just being a good sport and not trying to spoil the surprise but when the outgoing president of the MK park states that no night time parade is in the works it kind of devastates hope.
If that is the honest truth and he's not lying to save face, I think there's a chance WDW will handle it like the past 2 or 3 anniversaries except they may or may not have decorations on the castle for a solid year or so. It might be best to say goodbye to dreams of major attraction refurbishments and new entertainment offerings that are standard at other Disney resorts and hello to more of these little beauties.
image.jpeg

brb1006

If that is the honest truth and he's not lying to save face, I think there's a chance WDW will handle it like the past 2 or 3 anniversaries except they may or may not have decorations on the castle for a solid year or so. It might be best to say goodbye to dreams of major attraction refurbishments and new entertainment offerings that are standard at other Disney resorts and hello to more of these little beauties.View attachment 295367
I seriously hope WDW puts alot of effort for their 50th Anniversary in terms of marketing and merchandise. Here's photos from the previous big celebrations at WDW during the 90's.
DSC_0370.JPG

DSC04699_1024x1024.JPG

99a77fb01c3483230dd773bfbdaba507--walt-disney-world-disney-worlds.jpg
bbe892e51c8b01c3dd8dedebcb910fda.jpg
mkp736931SMALL.jpg

35004ani-500.jpg

Please don't do a small ceremonial event like this in a few years.

Donaldfan1934

I seriously hope WDW puts alot of effort for their 50th Anniversary in terms of marketing and merchandise. Here's photos from the previous big celebrations at WDW during the 90's.
DSC_0370.JPG

DSC04699_1024x1024.JPG

mkp736931SMALL.jpg

35004ani-500.jpg

Those are all great examples of well-executed anniversary celebrations. Before reading about Dan Cockrell's comments, I would've expected things work out like they did in decades past. But if Disney is as unprepared as we think they are, we just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

brb1006

Those are all great examples of well-executed anniversary celebrations. Before reading about Dan Cockrell's comments, I would've expected things work out like they did in decades past. But if Disney is as unprepared as we think they are, we just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Not to mention an anniversary song memorable as "Remember The Magic" (25th Anniversary)

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DSC_0370.JPG

DSC04699_1024x1024.JPG

mkp736931SMALL.jpg

35004ani-500.jpg

Celebrations prior to that were even better for guests. You could win some cool prizes just going thru the MK turnstyles. I have a couple of non-winning "15 Years" prize tickets at home. I could even have a Tencennial t-shirt somewhere...

The 25th was the last great WDW celebration. The Millenium and 100YOM were good, but everything since the 25th has paled in comparison. I don't even need to mention any of the "anniversary celebrations" in the past 15 years... :mad:

And, I've always loved the "20 Magical Years" logo. One of the all-time best. :D

brb1006

Celebrations prior to that were even better for guests. You could win some cool prizes just going thru the MK turnstyles. I have a couple of non-winning "15 Years" prize tickets at home. I could even have a Tencennial t-shirt somewhere...

The 25th was the last great WDW celebration. The Millenium and 100YOM were good, but everything since the 25th has paled in comparison. I don't even need to mention any of the "anniversary celebrations" in the past 15 years... :mad:

And, I've always loved the "20 Magical Years" logo. One of the all-time best. :D
I love how even Epcot Center honored WDW's 15th Anniversary by having a cake in front of the entrance which looked good at night.
4448449410-florida-usa-1985.jpg

More photos from RetroWDW
1986-disney-world-15th-anniversary-epcot_12448285934_o.jpg

1986-disney-world-15th-anniversary-topiary-cake_12447937583_o.jpg

11ca69ce0.jpg

Photos from the TV Special
MVA68759.jpeg

Even MSEP had a special float.
1986-disney-world-15th-anniversary-parade-02-15-years-float_12447792165_o.jpg

brb1006

With Catherine Powell now overseeing the Western Region and the 25th DLP anniversary being such a highlight of her career I think she'll be after a big WDW 50th.
I love how Disneyland Paris celebrate it's 25th Anniversary. All the characters for one day wore special outfits made for the anniversary. Not to mention special statues found at different area in the park for that anniversary.

Bonus video with Tony Baxter

I really hope TDO is taking notes for the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom