Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones14

How about WDW creates their own original anniversary costumes instead of reusing them.
I’m inclined to disagree here. Even the biggest theatre companies in the world stock and reuse costumes for different purposes, and then cannibalize them for parts when they’re worn out beyond repair.

As long as they’re in good condition and fit the desired aesthetic, use ‘em, and put that portion of the budget towards something that can’t be recycled.

TTA94

Since when does MISI not even stop anymore and just makes a loop around the castle and back down MSUSA? Good grief. They trying to turn it into a “evening” parade now? Lol. I hope it’s days are number... but it’s probably not going anywhere until MK gets a nighttime parade again.

Disone

The problem I have with FoF is not what is there, but what isn't. It just needs to be longer, add a float with Eric and Max to the Little Mermaid unit. A Snow White float for between the dragon and the finale. Some smaller in between units could go a long way in making the parade better. Ideally they would add some more floats for now, and then get a brand new parade for the 50th (no borrowed floats).
Sold. It is a beautiful parade that is aging very well. Unlike the previous version which was a twice redressed rehashed paraded, and still failed, all this needs a bonus unit, maybe some more inbetweeners.

Disone

Since when does MISI not even stop anymore and just makes a loop around the castle and back down MSUSA? Good grief. They trying to turn it into a “evening” parade now? Lol. I hope it’s days are number... but it’s probably not going anywhere until MK gets a nighttime parade again.
It does still stop, but it may loop for various reasons. Weather and injury are the top two reasons.

EricsBiscuit

Something behind the carousel. Put up last night apparently. Plus some other photos. All from today.
IMG_5592.JPG
IMG_5624.JPG
IMG_5627.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG
IMG_5632.JPG

Monorail_Red_77

UpAllNight

I just hope Mk gets its own updates and not just Disneylands repeated, 7-8 years after they got them. Not that I’d mind the hatbox ghost or Thunder Mountain finale, but let’s update the effects on Jungle Cruise, sort out the theming of old fantasyland, the Tomorrowland speedway, get something into the Stitch space, new entertainment etc. Magic Kingdom deserves some love, it’s been neglected too long for allegedly the worlds busiest park.

TTA94

Wow apparently the parade route at DCA for Paint The Night has been dead! Some even get their own private viewing lol. Kinda sad and disturbing that a amazing parade like Paint The Night has little to no audience! This is something I would expect from MSEP not Paint The Night! Lol. If it were at MK the parade route sure wouldn’t be dead. Or heck even back at Disneyland.

Obviously the likely reason behind this is due to the slower time of year and because they are running two performances. Once the busy summer hits and Paint The Night gets knocked down to one performance due to WoC retuning, things will change and they might actually need that second performance to accommodate everyone.

ToTBellHop

Wow apparently the parade route at DCA for Paint The Night has been dead! Some even get their own private viewing lol. Kinda sad and disturbing that a amazing parade like Paint The Night has little to no audience! This is something I would expect from MSEP not Paint The Night! Lol. If it were at MK the parade route sure wouldn’t be dead. Or heck even back at Disneyland.

Obviously the likely reason behind this is due to the slower time of year and because they are running two performances. Once the busy summer hits and Paint The Night gets knocked down to one performance due to WoC retuning, things will change and they might actually need that second performance to accommodate everyone.
They should’ve waited til summer and included the new Icredibles unit and Pixar Pier.

tirian

The problem I have with FoF is not what is there, but what isn't. It just needs to be longer, add a float with Eric and Max to the Little Mermaid unit. A Snow White float for between the dragon and the finale. Some smaller in between units could go a long way in making the parade better. Ideally they would add some more floats for now, and then get a brand new parade for the 50th (no borrowed floats).
Sold. It is a beautiful parade that is aging very well. Unlike the previous version which was a twice redressed rehashed paraded, and still failed, all this needs a bonus unit, maybe some more inbetweeners.

All of this, plus add Aurora to the Sleeping Beauty unit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom