Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldfan1934

Wow, they look amazing. I'm very happy to see syncronized tree lights as a big component of a nighttime spectacular because I've always thought that doing so would be a good way to reintroduce trees to MK's hub and restore its former glory. That way you can have shade during the day without the issue of interfering with nighttime spectacular sight lines since they are now a part of said spectacular. While I'm certainly not holding my breathe for anything like this to be happening for the 50th, it definitely should.

Last edited:

MTBaymax

I'm Glad you brought this up because I felt the exact same way. Just replace or reorder certain segments to better fit Florida's MK and we'll have a perfect fireworks show for the 50th.
Can they get away with using a song twice? I know many of us on this forum have long memories, but will we be fine with basically the same main theme for a new (bigger show) in the same park?

Donaldfan1934

Can they get away with using a song twice? I know many of us on this forum have long memories, but will we be fine with basically the same main theme for a new (bigger show) in the same park?
True, this music was used in the first projection show, so I can see why that's a bit problem. That being said, the show might be able to get away with it as it's a different enough show overall.

TTA94

I’m sorry but MK needs fountains. Every other “castle” park now has them, soon to be Hong Kong as well. Disneyland doesn’t count since they have the biggest fountain show right across the esplanade. The way MKs hub and water areas are set up, they would need strong fountain jets to shoot high enough, but it would give a immersive feeling. Same as the perimeter fireworks.

Pixieish

I’m sorry but MK needs fountains. Every other “castle” park now has them, soon to be Hong Kong as well. Disneyland doesn’t count since they have the biggest fountain show right across the esplanade. The way MKs hub and water areas are set up, they would need strong fountain jets to shoot high enough, but it would give a immersive feeling. Same as the perimeter fireworks.
MK is BEGGING for fountains.

MTBaymax

B6BD7C3F-253E-445A-AE33-D135414DBC57.jpeg

It’s possible; is it practical? (it would justify the removal of the moat lights, if they officially don’t come back)

trainplane3

View attachment 295105
It’s possible; is it practical? (it would justify the removal of the moat lights, if they officially don’t come back)
Counterargument: What about the people that spent $70 on the "premium dessert viewing package" in the TL Terrace? I don't think they'd like having their "premium" view blocked by some fountains.

I'm all for that. Just trying to come up with reasons why they wouldn't do it (aside from cost). Can we add flame throwers and laser projections to the request list as well?

jaxonp

Meh, I dont disagree but if the song is good then it's good. Tokyos new daytime parade music could probably be on a top 40 EDM music list and it's fantastic.

I listen to Dreaming Up everyday. Dream up Dream up Dream up... lets get carried away. hehe its so darn catchy. I'd rather have that parade than the new nightime show. HEA is still better IMO. Also, when does MK and DL get water fountains?

cheezbat

Honestly It would depend on the scenario for me. Assuming that we're talking about the 50th here since this is a thread on the 50th, I think it would be a bit embarrassing if Disney had no nighttime parade for the 50th.

I think it’s far more embarrassing that WDW only has ONE parade between all four parks. I think they need to get one back in DAK and one in Studios before they worry so much about one at night in MK.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I think it’s far more embarrassing that WDW only has ONE parade between all four parks. I think they need to get one back in DAK and one in Studios before they worry so much about one at night in MK.
Entertainment no longer has the parade building at DAK. The space is used by engineering and entertainment has moved its base to a different part of the park. (With no room for parade storage)

Donaldfan1934

I wholeheartedly agree and would ideally like to see parades return to those parks for the 50th as well. However, the reason why I feel particularly strongly about the nighttime parade in particular is because WDW's 50th is really MK's 50th and I believe tthe needs of that park should be put first because of that. Yes, the parades across the whole resort are probably the more important issue in the bigger picture, but when talking about this celebration specifically, MK is the obvious priority here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom