Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Well the 20th Anniversary had a new daytime parade (Surprise Celebration) and new nighttime parade (SpectroMagic). So I suppose it’s possible to have both new parades for the 50th.

TTA94

@MansionButler84 For this new nighttime parade are they aiming for a new version of something already done before either at WDW or somewhere else? or are they aiming for a totally different, all new concept?

ToTBellHop

@MansionButler84 For this new nighttime parade are they aiming for a new version of something already done before either at WDW or somewhere else? or are they aiming for a totally different, all new concept?
That’s more a marketing decision. I guess if they really wanted to call it Paint the Night: Celebrate! they could. But it’s not a carbon copy of another parade.

jrhwdw

FTFY

msep
Excuse me! That is not what I said! Why are people so against MSEP?!??!
It's better than MK going into its second summer without a night parade, without a second FOF no less! This was unheard of years ago. Why should we give MK a pass now and for the next 3 years????

HEA and OUAT not included, of course OUAT could be upgraded.

Last edited:

Bocabear

MSEP is worn out by most people's standards... It has been seen and seen and seen...It has been retired numerous times and then dragged out when they don't have anything else....rather than spend the budget revamping that tired old show girl one more time, put it into the development of a new parade and retire MSEP into the Spectromagic Graveyard.

brb1006

Excuse me! That is not what I said! Why are people so against MSEP?!??!
It's better than MK going into its second summer without a night parade, without a second FOF no less! This was unheard of years ago. Why should we give MK a pass now and for the next 3 years????

HEA and OUAT not included, of course OUAT could be upgraded.
Alot of WDW fans are bitter with MSEP since they kept the parade running longer than usual since it was originally scheduled to run for the Summer of 2010 and Spectromagic was set to return after that summer. Instead it ran from 2010 up till October 2016.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alot of WDW fans are bitter with MSEP since they kept the parade running longer than usual

Some, like myself, consider it simply outdated. And as much as people have professed their love for Baroque Hoedown, I hate it. The melody is repetitive and trite and sounds like it was recorded from a 1975 Casio 25-key keyboard playing on internal speakers.

Just Google the other Disney parks nighttime light parades and hopefully y'all see it pales in comparison.

I can wait for a much much much better nighttime parade for the 50th.

SpectroMan93

I don’t think anything would make anyone here more happy than to see some form of SpectroMagic reinvigorated for the 50th. It would take care of reintroducing a night parade to the park while also honoring a piece of MK history beloved by many. This should be a no brainer for the 50th anniversary, really.

Cesar R M

Remember when Walt Disney World used to frequently get a new daytime parade every few years like they did back in the 80's and 90's before 2001?

Examples:

Mickey's Street Party Parade (1985-1986 near the start of 15 Years Of Magic)

Disney Character Hit Parade (Which ran possibly from 1989 till 1991 to make way for Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary)

20th Anniversary Surprise Celebration Parade (October 1991 - 1994)

Mickey Mania (1994-1996)

Remember The Magic/Magical Moments Parade (1996-2001)

Ever since 100 Years Of Magic, WDW just reused and later reskinned the same floats from Share A Dream Come True Parade till 2014. The only remaining float from Share A Dream Come True Parade is The Villains Float which is currently seen during the Boo To You Parade.

Share A Dream Come True Parade (October 2001 - August 2006)
Disney Dreams Come True Parade (2006-2008)
Celebrate A Dream Come True (2008-2014)

The castle float is pretty alive still, I remember they used it a few times during the 24 hour events.

Anyway If they really do not want to ditch MSEP.. they could update it like Tokyo does constantly.

Cesar R M

No. Which moron tweeted that? Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum? There will be upcharge viewing, of course. But not upcharge-only.
I think someone took one of the jokes of this forum a bit too close to home.

Because the whole "upcharge everything.. and with a cupcake!" is a running joke since Iger took control.

I still laugh at the poop bread and pastries of Animal Kingdom.

Kman101

I LOVE MSEP and the Baroque Hoedown. But it's time to let MSEP rest in piece(s). What Disneyland should have done was take the MSEP and upgrade it and re-do some of the floats, etc. Disneyland deserved something akin to Dreamlights, not Paint the Night, which works just fine for California Adventure. But maybe it wouldn't have been worth the effort to totally re-do and upgrade MSEP? I don't know quite how those decisions work or get made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom