Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

As a minor distraction from all the mitching and boaning (in which I sporadically participate), I learned the budget and vision for our new nighttime parade and was quite pleased, as I imagine most will be. It sucks waiting 3 years but then we should end up with a stellar one that will last us 20 (45?) years.

It’s not Paint the Night, by the way. I know. Shocking. Although it will integrate some of its tech with some new. I’m optimistic and I’m a serious electrical parade snob. That’s a thing, right?

Thank you for giving us some hope :) I hope they stick to the plan! lol

aladdin2007

As a minor distraction from all the mitching and boaning (in which I sporadically participate), I learned the budget and vision for our new nighttime parade and was quite pleased, as I imagine most will be. It sucks waiting 3 years but then we should end up with a stellar one that will last us 20 (45?) years.

It’s not Paint the Night, by the way. I know. Shocking. Although it will integrate some of its tech with some new. I’m optimistic and I’m a serious electrical parade snob. That’s a thing, right?

Sounds great and thank you for sharing, my question is what are the chances though they (within the next 3 years or so) decide to take that budget and put it towards something else instead? They are good at doing that kind of thing, I guess that is the part that has me concerned. But I certainly hope it comes to be.

cjkeating

Thanks for the insight.

I hope with it being the 50th anniversary they can use that as an excuse to be nostalgic and not just use recent Disney/Pixar films.

Kman101

Thanks for the insight.

I hope with it being the 50th anniversary they can use that as an excuse to be nostalgic and not just use recent Disney/Pixar films.

I'd prefer no Mack Truck barreling down Main Street USA :) I want a long parade with numerous floats and a great soundtrack. I'm not too particular. Glad it isn't similar to Paint the Night. It's fine for a Studios park though. I like the tech and even the soundtrack, and it's impressive so it's hard to say I don't love it, but I don't. I lean towards Dreamlights, Spectro, Main Street Electrical Parade .... Disneyland deserved something on the scale of Dreamlights and we deserve something of the same, but more of a nod to Spectro, while still being new and fresh with the floats and technology.

DisneyFan18

Thanks for the info, I'm glad that we will be getting it by 2021, how do you feel about the IPs they'll be using for it? And it's gonna have Frozen, won't it?

TTA94

Let’s just hope MK doesn’t end up getting MSEP back for the 50th if the new parade budget gets dropped.

cjkeating

I'd prefer no Mack Truck barreling down Main Street USA :) I want a long parade with numerous floats and a great soundtrack. I'm not too particular. Glad it isn't similar to Paint the Night. It's fine for a Studios park though. I like the tech and even the soundtrack, and it's impressive so it's hard to say I don't love it, but I don't. I lean towards Dreamlights, Spectro, Main Street Electrical Parade .... Disneyland deserved something on the scale of Dreamlights and we deserve something of the same, but more of a nod to Spectro, while still being new and fresh with the floats and technology.

I haven't seen PTN since the 60th and due to the demise of MSEP at MK I haven't seen another night parade since, however I remember that when watching PTN I felt like it was missing a lot of elements from the 'night parade checklist' up to this point. The lack of any form of smoke/fog was a big one I remember, it also lacked 'in between' smaller floats and a lot of the characters didn't have their own lights and were lit up instead. I am sure there were more but I can't be bothered to rewatch PTN online. :D

matt9112

At this point, Big Thunder needs far more than simple cosmetic work and new effects. It's in dire need of a whole track replacement, the thing has gotten very janky and uncomfortable. It still isn't nearly as bad as Space Mountain, which at this point I consider an un-rideable and un-enjoyable embarrassment to what it once was (also not entirely sure I believe it's safe). But BTM is still in very bad shape and needs a track overhaul ASAP to avoid becoming as bad as Space Mountain has. I heard Disneyland got its track replaced for the 60th and it's said to be much smoother than before.

the best part about space mountain right now is the sheer knowledge of how bad the track is coupled with the other knowledge of knowing brakes have been added because of this.

it's like Russian roulette with your life but much funner! I genuinely say domt die everytime I ride it.

TTA94

I haven't seen PTN since the 60th and due to the demise of MSEP at MK I haven't seen another night parade since, however I remember that when watching PTN I felt like it was missing a lot of elements from the 'night parade checklist' up to this point. The lack of any form of smoke/fog was a big one I remember, it also lacked 'in between' smaller floats and a lot of the characters didn't have their own lights and were lit up instead. I am sure there were more but I can't be bothered to rewatch PTN online. :D

I 100% agree. If PTN had fog effects and smaller floats and more characters it would be awesome.

ToTBellHop

@MansionButler84 Have you heard of any plans to change or replace FoF? Or is the new nighttime parade going to take all of MKs entertainment budget?
I haven’t heard of a new daytime parade but surely the park will need one after 8 years.

As to IPs, I doubt any specific choices have been made. Whether or not Frozen is included will likely be impacted by Frozen 2.

brb1006

I haven’t heard of a new daytime parade but surely the park will need one after 8 years.

As to IPs, I doubt any specific choices have been made. Whether or not Frozen is included will likely be impacted by Frozen 2.

Remember when Walt Disney World used to frequently get a new daytime parade every few years like they did back in the 80's and 90's before 2001?

Examples:

Mickey's Street Party Parade (1985-1986 near the start of 15 Years Of Magic)

Disney Character Hit Parade (Which ran possibly from 1989 till 1991 to make way for Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary)

20th Anniversary Surprise Celebration Parade (October 1991 - 1994)

Mickey Mania (1994-1996)

Remember The Magic/Magical Moments Parade (1996-2001)

Ever since 100 Years Of Magic, WDW just reused and later reskinned the same floats from Share A Dream Come True Parade till 2014. The only remaining float from Share A Dream Come True Parade is The Villains Float which is currently seen during the Boo To You Parade.

Share A Dream Come True Parade (October 2001 - August 2006)
Disney Dreams Come True Parade (2006-2008)
Celebrate A Dream Come True (2008-2014)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom