Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

What about Paint the Night:confused:

Well Technically mansionbutler and marni didn’t say No, it got axed. They said they haven’t heard anything recently and therefore they doubt it will happen lol.

But we need to get parades or, rather, FoF back first before WDW will even consider green lighting a nighttime parade.

Squishy

Well Technically mansionbutler and marni didn’t say No, it got axed. They said they haven’t heard anything recently and therefore they doubt it will happen lol.

But we need to get parades or, rather, FoF back first before WDW will even consider green lighting a nighttime parade.
I don't see a nighttime parade happening this year, maybe next year if management is in a good mood.

brb1006

Can't wait for another Disney theme park anniversary special that has nothing to do with Disney theme parks.
Yeah especially after the way Disney created an anniversary special for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary... but it was mostly advertisement and barely even discussed Disneyland's History. The last time Disney actually put effort into an special anniversary was Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary back in 1996.

Did Disney even create an anniversary special for Disneyland's 50th between 2005 and 2006? Because I remember Disney was promoting the heck out of it back then.

aladdin2007

Can't wait for another Disney theme park anniversary special that has nothing to do with Disney theme parks.

this, if its anything as poorly done as the christmas day parade show and whatever the last couple specials of disney parks shows there were...yikes,, keep moving nothing to see. Each one gets progressively worse as a disneymercial of lame and hip gone bad aimed at tweens.

TTA94

It’s hard to imagine a big Anniversary year without a Anniversary Parade. Yes I totally get Covid robbed WDW of a potentially major Celebration, and it was beyond Disney’s control, but I feel like WDW could still have pulled off at least a DLs 60th, and debuted a nighttime parade PTN or MSEP, new nighttime spectacular for MK, and then Harmonious for Epcot. That would have been acceptable IMO, but if they do indeed just plan for MK, a HEA tag and maaybe bring back FoF? Sorry but that’s just a embarrassment. They do have all this time to prepare and have things ready to go and on stand by, IF they wanted to, and yes IF the pandemic allows by October. And it could improve, we got some time yet.
Sure other factors like budgets, etc. but I still think where there’s a will to make the 50th as nice as it can be under the circumstances, they could make it happen. Just need to keep some hope they don’t totally butcher the 50th.

TTA94

Yeah especially after the way Disney created an anniversary special for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary... but it was mostly advertisement and barely even discussed Disneyland's History. The last time Disney actually put effort into an special anniversary was Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary back in 1996.

Did Disney even create an anniversary special for Disneyland's 50th between 2005 and 2006? Because I remember Disney was promoting the heck out of it back then.

Man I feel old after watching that lol 😂. Funny at the end she says let’s do this again in another 25 Years... and here we are just about there! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom