Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Here’s a idea, if we can’t get a light parade in MK by the 50th, how about they debut a new Electrical Water Pageant? Then again I guess that would create a social distancing issue to... unless it was catered to MK resorts guests where they ran it after park hours.

Another idea that IMO sounds more doable is to have year round 50th party nights where, let’s say PTN and HEA ran? This way they could have a higher amount of guests in during the day then slash the numbers down in the evenings to allow better social distancing? Plus more money in their pockets, because you know every single night would be a sell out.

The_Jobu

Here’s a idea, if we can’t get a light parade in MK by the 50th, how about they debut a new Electrical Water Pageant? Then again I guess that would create a social distancing issue to... unless it was catered to MK resorts guests where they ran it after park hours.

Another idea that IMO sounds more doable is to have year round 50th party nights where, let’s say PTN and HEA ran? This way they could have a higher amount of guests in during the day then slash the numbers down in the evenings to allow better social distancing? Plus more money in their pockets, because you know every single night would be a sell out.

I think a light parade could still work, just have it come out in pieces cavalcade style so huge groups dont form.

Would current-gen Disney actually invest money to increase customer satisfaction though? Ehhh...

At least we still get our 50th cupcakes.

SirLink

Talking of the 50th why not push the celebration to 2023 to celebrate both the TWDC 100th Anniversary, 50th WDW Anniversary and Epcots' 40th Anniversary.

TTA94

Talking of the 50th why not push the celebration to 2023 to celebrate both the TWDC 100th Anniversary, 50th WDW Anniversary and Epcots' 40th Anniversary.

Depends how you would look at it but that would pretty much mean canceling the 50th, or just doing a “one day thing” on Oct 1st, and moving all those plans to TWDCs 100th Anniversary. Epcot could still pull off the 40th, but the highlight in 2022 or 2023 would simply be the 100th.

Regardless that’s definitely the direction things look to be headed in. The question remains can any 50th plans be salvaged for the actual 50th later this year. Entertainment in particular such as Harmonious, PTN, FoFs rumored 50th makeover, HEAs rumored 50th makeover or special tag.

TTA94

I think a light parade could still work, just have it come out in pieces cavalcade style so huge groups dont form.

They could but spending the money to ship PTN or MSEP over just to run a float or two? Doesn’t make much sense. And that’s something DL could do when they reopen. Mostly likely they won’t however because their main priority, parade wise, will be bringing back Magic Happens.

The_Jobu

They could but spending the money to ship PTN or MSEP over just to run a float or two? Doesn’t make much sense. And that’s something DL could do when they reopen. Mostly likely they won’t however because their main priority, parade wise, will be bringing back Magic Happens.

That's a good point, I wasn't even talking about shipping a parade, I meant actually creating a new one for the 50th.

Crazy idea, I know.

I think you guys are on the right idea. Push everything off to 2023 and just have some pins and cupcakes for Oct 1st. Which kinda bums me out a bit, I must be honest, not that that matters. I was there for the 25th in my youth and I've been looking forward to the 50th since then. Something special about the actual day, celebrating in 2023 just feels like corporate hollowness.

Ah well, it is what it is.

The_Jobu

Nevermind all the hoopla and parties - just put up anyone with a birthday in 1971 in the castle on their birthday night.

August 31, make it happen! 😆

Maybe they can track down whoever was first through the gates and have them first in on Oct 1st?

Or I like your idea, especially if it was someone with the exact same date of birth.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's a good point, I wasn't even talking about shipping a parade, I meant actually creating a new one for the 50th.

Crazy idea, I know.

I think you guys are on the right idea. Push everything off to 2023 and just have some pins and cupcakes for Oct 1st. Which kinda bums me out a bit, I must be honest, not that that matters. I was there for the 25th in my youth and I've been looking forward to the 50th since then. Something special about the actual day, celebrating in 2023 just feels like corporate hollowness.

Ah well, it is what it is.

Pins and cupcakes is what the 50th was going to be all about anyway. 😉

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For real...

Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

I’ve basically become so jaded by current management that whatever low bar you think they will set, drop it even further and you may not be disappointed.

Granted, Covid ruined whatever plans were originally green-lit for MK’s 50th. But it should have been a huge celebration. New nighttime parade. New nighttime shows. Refurbed/refreshed everything. A few new rides and attractions opened (which would have actually happened). Banners. Glitz and glitter. Giveaways. Prizes. The whole she-bang. Instead, we’ll get cupcakes and buttons as “an acceptable alternative“, because Covid has been Chapek’s cost-cutting wet dream come true. Oh, and also dance parties.Those are popular with the hip and with-it crowd these days, right on, man! 👍 Oh, and don’t forget the awful pink paint scheme on the castle. 🤦‍♂️

JoeCamel

I’ve basically become so jaded by current management that whatever low bar you think they will set, drop it even further and you may not be disappointed.

Granted, Covid ruined whatever plans were originally green-lit for MK’s 50th. But it should have been a huge celebration. New nighttime parade. New nighttime shows. Refurbed/refreshed everything. A few new rides and attractions opened (which would have actually happened). Banners. Glitz and glitter. Giveaways. Prizes. The whole she-bang. Instead, we’ll get cupcakes and buttons as “an acceptable alternative“, because Covid has been Chapek’s cost-cutting wet dream come true. Oh, and also dance parties.Those are popular with the hip and with-it crowd these days, right on, man! 👍 Oh, and don’t forget the awful pink paint scheme on the castle. 🤦‍♂️
Hey, you got a new scavenger hunt, what more do you want?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think a light parade could still work, just have it come out in pieces cavalcade style so huge groups dont form..
The two go hand in hand.
The question remains can any 50th plans be salvaged for the actual 50th later this year. Entertainment in particular such as Harmonious, PTN, FoFs rumored 50th makeover, HEAs rumored 50th makeover or special tag.
That would depend on the state of the virus and how well vaccines are going. But I know, Florida.

aladdin2007

The two go hand in hand.

That would depend on the state of the virus and how well vaccines are going. But I know, Florida.

The one thing I wish we could have had for the 50th, even over any parade or big attraction etc, would have been the castle looking like it originally did and restored. Now instead were stuck with that plastic looking gold and salmon color (it looks to me like the paint is already buckling and just looks horrible)..and its three times smaller looking than it use to be..... I was really hoping this park would be brought back to some form of original glory for its grand birthday, no matter how big or small it has to end up being. But after being there today,,things are in bad shape. Time is pretty much running out to decide what they are going to do exactly isn't it? Tomorrowland is a disgrace with the majority of it down, no railroad, no presidents (I know I know), no riverboat (I know its coming back), half the stores are closed, I mean there just isn't much time left to really do anything worthwhile. A special exhibit would be nice but are we even going to get that? These were all the thoughts running amok in my head today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom