Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikibirdLand

Man I feel old after watching that lol 😂. Funny at the end she says let’s do this again in another 25 Years... and here we are just about there! Lol.
thanks to @brb1006 for sharing that video. I thoroughly enjoyed it. '97 was about the time we started going to WDW. I don't think we got there in time for the "castle cake". Yeah, it was a commercial. But, it mentions a lot of attractions and live stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Would love to know how they did the castle -- was that fiberglass or some other material? Does it still exist somewhere?

I could totally see a projection show that made the castle look like that.

jrhwdw

thanks to @brb1006 for sharing that video. I thoroughly enjoyed it. '97 was about the time we started going to WDW. I don't think we got there in time for the "castle cake". Yeah, it was a commercial. But, it mentions a lot of attractions and live stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Would love to know how they did the castle -- was that fiberglass or some other material? Does it still exist somewhere?

I could totally see a projection show that made the castle look like that.
They did for 1 sec in the Holiday Tag for Celebrate The Magic/Magic, Memories And You.

EricsBiscuit

You really think they don't want to?

The risk vs. reward doesn't work out in Disney's favor.
They’re missing out as most nights they close early. It’d draw more ppl and more would stay longer. Further, they’re really missing out on offering breakfast. Kinda random yes but Sleepy Hallow is the only QSR with any decent breakfast at MK. Other parks too. Just my $.02

TTA94

They’re missing out as most nights they close early. It’d draw more ppl and more would stay longer. Further, they’re really missing out on offering breakfast. Kinda random yes but Sleepy Hallow is the only QSR with any decent breakfast at MK. Other parks too. Just my $.02

MK could have at least stayed open a little bit longer and continued the projections on the castle with firework bursts like they did during the holidays. That part is indeed all about cutting costs. 😡

Jrb1979

MK could have at least stayed open a little bit longer and continued the projections on the castle with firework bursts like they did during the holidays. That part is indeed all about cutting costs. 😡
It's going to be like that for awhile.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I am told we can expect Fantasmic!, Happily Ever After, and something blowy-uppy at Epcot by 10/1/21.

I‘ll take the win.

And there’s still hope for 2 out of 3 for summer.
...like Harmonious? Or just......something?

Hard for me to understand why they wouldn’t have those all up and running by August but 🤷‍♂️

ToTBellHop

...like Harmonious? Or just......something?

Hard for me to understand why they wouldn’t have those all up and running by August but 🤷‍♂️
I can’t figure out whether Epcot Forever returns or not. It was intended to run for more than a few months. I suspect it will depend upon the degree of social distancing. If it would behoove them to push off new fireworks until 2022 when HEA will already have additions come October, I could see the appeal.

They could all be available this summer, but they’ll need to place pyro orders soon. They still want MNSSHP.

TTA94

I am told we can expect Fantasmic!, Happily Ever After, and something blowy-uppy at Epcot by 10/1/21.

I‘ll take the win.

And there’s still hope for 2 out of 3 for summer.

Summer as in... after July 4th? I’d think they may want to avoid that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom