Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhwdw

Hmm Chevrolet sponsored MSEP or PTN... that could go either way lol. It also did say 2022... cant say I’m happy about that, yet it doesn’t/shouldn’t come as a surprise lol.
It doesn't shock me either, Esp since we're not seeing any return dates for Pre 50th Entertainment yet. If the 50th has to be 2022, Maybe a 50th moment on OCT 1 and the 50th starts Spring Break 2022? Feb 2022 seems too low of a season IMO.

Can we at least get to better place by the actual 50th??? I'm ashamed to admit this but some days, I would give up the 50th if we could go back to normal!

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Hmm Chevrolet sponsored MSEP or PTN... that could go either way lol. It also did say 2022... cant say I’m happy about that, yet it doesn’t/shouldn’t come as a surprise lol.
Does anyone think Sponsorship would help our chances? MSEP/DEP hasn't had 1 since DCA and PTN never had 1 in HKDL or DLR I believe. Do they need 1?

TTA94

It doesn't shock me either, Esp since we're not seeing any return dates for Pre 50th Entertainment yet. If the 50th has to be 2022, Maybe a 50th moment on OCT 1 and the 50th starts Spring Break 2022? Feb 2022 seems too low of a season IMO.

Can we at least get to better place by the actual 50th??? I'm ashamed to admit this but some days, I would give up the 50th if we could go back to normal!

My prediction is, I think April/May will tell all, for the most part, about the 50th. If covid and cases do not improve from the way it is now, heaven forbid it gets any worse due to the mutations, then all bets are off for anything new happening entertainment wise this year. Obviously they would need time to ship PTN or MSEP over, rehire or hire performers, rehearsals etc.
We likely will still get what’s been joked about many times, is banners cupcakes and merchandise. Maybe the new castle overlay. And IF things were to improve through the summer and into the fall, then maybe they could bring back some pre covid things by October.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I meant to post this yesterday. Work has finally started on the Osceola entrance.
2841FC62-E8F7-4CF7-B503-53411FCADC33.jpeg

Thinker of Things

Isn't the current stage relatively new (as far as "new" is relative in a 50 year old park)?
If memory serves me right, the last major change/expansion in the stage was between Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration and Cinderellabration in conjunction with the Happiest Celebration on Earth. That would mean it’s been ~ 16 years since the last major redesign of the forecourt stage.

What I can’t recall or find info on is if that stage expansion was a complete rebuild or if it was just an addition with the existing structure untouched aside from any localized additions/enhancements (like the lift).

I’m curious if others may have any additional information on the stage’s history.

Last edited:

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
If memory serves me right, the last major change in the stage was expanded between Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration and Cinderellabration in conjunction with the Happiest Celebration on Earth. That would mean it’s been ~ 16 years since the last major redesign of the forecourt stage.

What I can’t recall or find info on is if that stage expansion was a complete rebuild or if it was just an addition with the existing structure untouched aside from any localized additions/enhancements (like the lift).

I’m curious if others may have any additional information on the stage’s history.
Although the layout didn’t change, there was also a lot of work done in between Dream Along with Mickey and Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
If memory serves me right, the last major change in the stage was expanded between Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration and Cinderellabration in conjunction with the Happiest Celebration on Earth. That would mean it’s been ~ 16 years since the last major redesign of the forecourt stage.
I remember being so impressed by the elaborate Cinderellabration show in Tokyo, I was excited to see it stateside. Wow, they chopped it up a lot for the MK.

In hindsight it made sense, the one in Japan was a huge nighttime stage show presented no more than twice per night. It wouldn’t be practical to present that big of a show 4-5 times daily.

TTA94

@MansionButler84 Where do you think things stand as far as FoF returning? 2022?
Maybe they could advance the cavalcades this summer and use the FoF floats like they did with MOUACT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom