Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldno

It’s interesting because Disneyland’s castle has the same color scheme except they were robbed out of their 65th anniversary this year I know it’s a long shot but who knows what kind of design they would had went for.

erstwo

Hi All - apologies if this has already been discussed but I noted the scrims around the train station at MK this week. Do we think MK will get a ‘50th’ welcome banner?
I ask for reasons purely rooted in self interest- I have a photo of my kids in front of the DL 60th and DLP 25th (I think it was 25? Maybe 20) and I have hoped for something similar for MK.

yensidtlaw1969

Looks nice as it is now? Depends who you ask lol.

Not to me. 😀

The pink on Cinderella Castle is offensive and completely out of place. If the goal is to make all the castles look relatively the same and removing nearly all of their individuality, then they are doing a good job. Unfortunately.
I'm fairly certain that @marni1971 is referring to the Castle's forthcoming 50th Anniversary look, which we have not yet seen.

There is apparently more to come beyond the repaint, which was less about prepping for the 50th and more about establishing a new base paint scheme for the longer term.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm fairly certain that @marni1971 is referring to the Castle's forthcoming 50th Anniversary look, which we have not yet seen.

There is apparently more to come beyond the repaint, which was less about prepping for the 50th and more about establishing a new base paint scheme for the longer term.

Oh. 😁 I remember hearing that there was another paint scheme but haven’t heard anything about it for quite a while. If it gets us away from the pink and close to the original, I may be happy with it.

TTA94

Wow 2021/the launch of the 50th more and more sounds like a complete bust. Granted we were warned by insiders awhile ago. No new attractions aside from maybe Ratatouille, no Tron, maybe not even the WDWRR, no Guardians, no Harmonious, no light parade... Guess it really will be a basically a repeat of the 40th with banners, cupcakes, merchandise and some type of further castle makeover.

jrhwdw

Wow 2021/the launch of the 50th more and more sounds like a complete bust. Granted we were warned by insiders awhile ago. No new attractions aside from maybe Ratatouille, no Tron, maybe not even the WDWRR, no Guardians, no Harmonious, no light parade... Guess it really will be a basically a repeat of the 40th with banners, cupcakes, merchandise and some type of further castle makeover.
The 40th had Prim. Pyro in Wishes' finale. What's going on with Harm.? Looking at 2022 now??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom