Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

As @mnelson3 said, likely when cases start dropping. Disney has been intentionally vague about the 50th, for those reasons. Given Disney’s track record and the slight bit of care they have left for pleasing hard core fans, I anticipate some sort of kick off on October 1st, and dragging out the 50th, from between 18-24 months. I expect banners adorning the parks, some commemorative merch, and I’d hope for new costumes for the fab 5 on October 1st. As for everything else, I’ll hold my breath, and wouldn’t expect any of that till 23, I’d be surprised if regular entertainment is back in its previous form by October 1st. Everything is very wishy-washy, based on Covid, and the presumption that Disney didn’t have too much planned for the 50th before their income was slashed by the billions.

I think what happens over the next few months (Spring) will give us the answer. Total speculation but that’s likely Disney’s tentative announcement time frame, IF they can.

TTA94

IMO I don't think it all has to do with just cases and Covid at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 50th celebration is cut back due to financial reasons.

I agree, nobody should be expecting a big Celebration. In terms of new additional entertainment (from the pre covid days), my expectation is only Harmonious and PTN. I would think whatever it is they have planned is set in stone, as long as covid allows.

TrainsOfDisney

Do you think PTN or A light parade will survive the cuts? IF there’s significant covid improvements of course.
My “insider friends” are pretty low on the Disney ladder, but nobody I asked thought PTN or any other major night parade was coming for the 50th prior to the closing.

I was given a hint that there would be something, but it would be more like a good good good time and less like when can we do it again.

TTA94

My “insider friends” are pretty low on the Disney ladder, but nobody I asked thought PTN or any other major night parade was coming for the 50th prior to the closing.

I was given a hint that there would be something, but it would be more like a good good good time and less like when can we do it again.

Don’t even joke about Mickey’s Mix Magic lol 🤮. MiSi we all know will survive COVID unfortunately lol.

Homemade Imagineering

As of a year ago these 3 were meant to happen.
Yeah, I remember when these three refurbs were being discussed. It’s a shame they were shelved, but I do feel we may still get the IASW and BTMRR updates in the future, because they’ve already been installed elsewhere, and WDI can just fabricate everything all over again, with slight modifications here and there. I feel like CoP is less likely to happen compared to the other two, anytime soon at least, because it would mean a pretty hefty reworking of the show with new expensive AAs, etc... assuming that’s what was planned. Feel free to correct me on that, but I thought I’d just throw my viewpoint out there.

TTA94

Nothing personally. Which of course isn’t everything.

I’ll dig a tad bit further lol. My apologies. So are you basically saying we should not be expecting a nighttime parade next year? Or you honestly have no clue what’s going to happen?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ll dig a tad bit further lol. My apologies. So are you basically saying we should not be expecting a nighttime parade next year? Or you honestly have no clue what’s going to happen?
I’ve not heard anything about a new parade since the original plan was pulled. But of course I don’t hear nearly everything.

Last edited:

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
50th Castle update?

Attachments

• AF21C796-939A-47B5-A969-1E5EC14ECE07.png
    AF21C796-939A-47B5-A969-1E5EC14ECE07.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 190

Ldno

I seriously thought the 50th anniversary started January 1st, i low key knew the opening date was October 1971 but for some reason it just went over me and thought it would be 2021 from January to December, curious to see what kind of update they plan to do with the castle

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
CNC routing a gigantic iridescent acrylic 50th sign? And maybe some accent flourishing scrollwork stuff. Be pretty sweet if they were designing helical covers for the castle spires. All of which I would think Disney could do in-house unless they let them go too or cheaper just to outsource.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom