Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

A part of me died when Spectromagic went away.

I don’t disagree at all. But believe it or not there were threads when SpectroMagic was still around discussing when SpectroMagic would be getting replaced because it’s so outdated and been running for soo long... and then some where actually excited when the Summer Nighttastic Event was announced with MSEP coming to WDW... oh course at the time it was expected to be temporary and the expectation that SpectroMagic would come back refurbed and updated. Little did everyone know Summer Nightastic was SpectroMagics undoing.

Bocabear

I don’t disagree at all. But believe it or not there were threads when SpectroMagic was still around discussing when SpectroMagic would be getting replaced because it’s so outdated and been running for soo long... and then some where actually excited when the Summer Nighttastic Event was announced with MSEP coming to WDW... oh course at the time it was expected to be temporary and the expectation that SpectroMagic would come back refurbed and updated. Little did everyone know Summer Nightastic was SpectroMagics undoing.
Spectromagic was getting old and dated...I would say they ran that one into the ground. It was a beautiful parade...Much nicer than the original MSEP...better overall finish and style. Paint The Night appears to be the new version of Spectromagic.. Would love to see them create something new and fresh just forWDW though...

EricsBiscuit

We need the fountains more than anything. I don't care what people say about them, they are the reason DLP and TDL have the best night time shows. They add so much to the experience with their vibrant colors and the extra layer of activity they add.
Hold your horses. Neither of those shows are anywhere near as good as HEA or RoE. There is barely any pyro.

CaptainAmerica

I really hope they come up with a better Celebration name than 50 things... That is so meaningless. Disneyland’s 50th was The Happiest Celebration On Earth, WDWs 25th was Remember The Magic.
They always have a tag. That's every year, not just anniversaries. #MonstrousSummer, One More Disney Day, Now More Than Ever, What Will You Celebrate?, Incredible Summer, Year of a Million Dreams, etc.

brb1006

Spectromagic was getting old and dated...I would say they ran that one into the ground. It was a beautiful parade...Much nicer than the original MSEP...better overall finish and style. Paint The Night appears to be the new version of Spectromagic.. Would love to see them create something new and fresh just forWDW though...
I disagree, I think MSEP looks more dated since it's almost 50 years ago.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes. My journey to the dark side will be complete when I see ROE for the last time this summer.

TTA94

@MansionButler84 meantioned this awhike back in this thread or another that MKs new parade will “Trip A Little Light Fantastic”. That may have been sarcasm on his part or he was referring to a Marry Poppins Float rather than a whole parade theme... but I got to thinking, SpectroMen and Leeries... they both sound similar in their “purpose” to lead the way and bring the light. I’m probably waay over thinking lol.

Sadly I don’t think the Spectromen would return as they had their unfortunate issues with some guests that had to go and make a big deal out it and find them to “scary” :rolleyes:. I failed to see how version two (face characters) were any better received by said guests.
But anyway, I’m not sure if they would add “Leeries” to the spinning sphere floats? Paint The Night has Minnie, Donald and Goofy riding the same style floats, though they do not move as quick or spin as fast.

Made a correction to my post: @MansionButler84 had mentioned this not @Magic Feather. My bad.

Last edited:

WDWLover#1

@Magic Feather meantioned this awhike back in this thread or another that MKs new parade will “Trip A Little Light Fantastic”. That may have been sarcasm on his part or he was referring to a Marry Poppins Float rather than a whole parade theme... but I got to thinking, SpectroMen and Leeries... they both sound similar in their “purpose” to lead the way and bring the light. I’m probably waay over thinking lol.

Sadly I don’t think the Spectromen would return as they had their unfortunate issues with some guests that had to go and make a big deal out it and find them to “scary” :rolleyes:. I failed to see how version two (face characters) were any better received by said guests.
But anyway, I’m not sure if they would add “Leeries” to the spinning sphere floats? Paint The Night has Minnie, Donald and Goofy riding the same style floats, though they do not move as quick or spin as fast.
Trip A Little Light Fantastic would be a fantastic parade score!

Kman101

Compaired to the vibrant colors of the TDL floats and costumes. Dreaming Up ❤

Very true. But I also think the parade is full of pastel colors and they typically look a bit faded to begin with but the parade could use a coat of paint. I’m not there everyday but I see it enough. The Florida sun is rough

Kman101

@MansionButler84 meantioned this awhike back in this thread or another that MKs new parade will “Trip A Little Light Fantastic”. That may have been sarcasm on his part or he was referring to a Marry Poppins Float rather than a whole parade theme... but I got to thinking, SpectroMen and Leeries... they both sound similar in their “purpose” to lead the way and bring the light. I’m probably waay over thinking lol.

Made a correction to my post: @MansionButler84 had mentioned this not @Magic Feather. My bad.

I’d really love an updated nod to Spectro. Should have been treated better and kept and updated like Dreamlights which is a fantastic modern take on MSEP. It’s why I think Disneyland deserved better than PTN, which fits perfectly in any Studios park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom