Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Yeah, that is what makes TDL's parade route so awesome is they can have tall and wide floats. Manyof the floats in Dreamlights and Dreaming Up are huge. Even their seasonal parade floats are really big.

Yeah some are definitely huge. Sadly why WDW likely wouldn’t get the entire Dreamlights parade. Though I’m perfectly fine with that honestly. I’d rather see a similar situation with FoF where there are a few Dreamlights floats and new ones.

No doubt Disney and sadly our insiders here will be keeping this new parade very tight lipped. Its no secret this will be the highlight event of MKs 50th.

I don’t imagine the highlight will be a new nighttime spectacular HEA replacement. It’s unfortunately to dang popular to go anywhere. Maybe a special tag or segment. Nothing about HEA fits a 50th Anniversary theme though. Rightfully it should be a show celebrating the park like Remember Dreams Come True or Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.

As for FoF... Well, realistically I’m thinking maybe a minor overlay with a special show stop. If more extensive then maybe a new float or two.

Thinking realistically, it’s very unlikely MK will be getting a entire entertainment overhaul. Unless they are being given a massive 50th budget. Even then a nighttime parade, done right, will require a massive budget alone.
Typically big Anniversary Celebrations seem to consist of One Anniversary Parade (night or daytime) and a nighttime spectacular castle show.

culturenthrills

Yeah some are definitely huge. Sadly why WDW likely wouldn’t get the entire Dreamlights parade. Though I’m perfectly fine with that honestly. I’d rather see a similar situation with FoF where there are a few Dreamlights floats and new ones.

No doubt Disney and sadly our insiders here will be keeping this new parade very tight lipped. Its no secret this will be the highlight event of MKs 50th.

I don’t imagine the highlight will be a new nighttime spectacular HEA replacement. It’s unfortunately to dang popular to go anywhere. Maybe a special tag or segment. Nothing about HEA fits a 50th Anniversary theme though. Rightfully it should be a show celebrating the park like Remember Dreams Come True or Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.

As for FoF... Well, realistically I’m thinking maybe a minor overlay with a special show stop. If more extensive then maybe a new float or two.

Thinking realistically, it’s very unlikely MK will be getting a entire entertainment overhaul. Unless they are being given a massive 50th budget. Even then a nighttime parade, done right, will require a massive budget alone.
Typically big Anniversary Celebrations seem to consist of One Anniversary Parade (night or daytime) and a nighttime spectacular castle show.
Well, we could get a Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland style show to replace Once Upon a Time since CTDL is mostly a projection show. I would be fine with that if they keep Happily Ever After. They just need to add about 50 more spotlights to match how many Tokyo Disneyland has. 😉

TTA94

I really hope they come up with a better Celebration name than 50 things... That is so meaningless. Disneyland’s 50th was The Happiest Celebration On Earth, WDWs 25th was Remember The Magic.

gerarar

Premium Member
Any chance the revised Happily Ever After will have and bring in the perimeter fireworks (the 180° one, not full 360°) as originally planned? I remember reading it here that it was once planned for the original HEA until it was finally cut from the show.

They've already done one (private) showing of HEA with the perimeter-esque firework launches. Here's a video of the finale with 'em:

TTA94

Going to bring @marni1971 into this for a minute. Have you heard anything yet if we might get some official announcements later this year? In particular if the parade is a confirmed thing? Green lit yet? I don’t expect to much info in regards to it yet but it sure would be great if Disney announced its happening.

TTA94

Where is this MK? Lol I want to go!... especially the 21:10 part in this video... 😢 Those in charge of MK need to take a good look at this video and fix the damage that has been done over the years and restore MK to its special magical state. Unfortunately a very large reason why things are the way they are now a days is the guests who visit and amount of them, which will only continue to get worse.

Last edited:

brb1006

Where is this MK? Lol I want to go!... especially the 21:10 part in this video... 😢 Those in charge of MK need to take a good look at this video and fix the damage that has been done over the years and restore MK to its special magical state. Unfortunately a very large reason why things are the way they are now a days is the guests who visit and amount of them, which will only continue to get worse.

I believe that footage of Spectromagic was from it's earliest days when the trumpeter float was located near the finale section. Even the music on that float was different. I was only able to find this video from 1991 from the parade's infancy. Plus King Tritan used to be heard laughing during the very early days of the parade.

TTA94

I believe that footage of Spectromagic was from it's earliest days when the trumpeter float was located near the finale section. Even the music on that float was different. I was only able to find this video from 1991 from the parade's infancy. Plus King Tritan used to be heard laughing during the very early days of the parade.

I wonder if that announcement in the day at Magic Kingdom video was a actual park announcement or just for that video?

deix15x8

I really hope they come up with a better Celebration name than 50 things... That is so meaningless. Disneyland’s 50th was The Happiest Celebration On Earth, WDWs 25th was Remember The Magic.
We need the fountains more than anything. I don't care what people say about them, they are the reason DLP and TDL have the best night time shows. They add so much to the experience with their vibrant colors and the extra layer of activity they add.

TTA94

We need the fountains more than anything. I don't care what people say about them, they are the reason DLP and TDL have the best night time shows. They add so much to the experience with their vibrant colors and the extra layer of activity they add.

At MK they would be even more amazing being not just around the castle but in the other water areas around the hub. This combined with the addition of the, overdue, Main Street projections, maybe your color changing lights TDL has in their hub trees. Or add the color changing lights to the trees going down Main Street?
Heck HEA could stay as is, they just need to add fountains, more lights, Main Street projections.

Haymarket2008

Goodness. That parade and score is drop dead gorgeous. At least to me, personally and for nostalgic reasons, SpectroMagic is one of the best things to ever happen at WDW. It was pretty spectacular. Let’s hope the 50th parade can bring that sense of grandeur and emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom