Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

I wouldnā€™t mind WDW reusing Tokyoā€™s 35th name, Walt Disney Worlds Happiest Celebration! I just hope itā€™s something well thought out and not done cheap.

If they release nothing else for merchandise I want it to be a 50th CD box set full of full versions of, well, everything Lol. No doubt a hearty price tag attached to it but Iā€™d gladly pay it!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I wouldnā€™t mind WDW reusing Tokyoā€™s 35th name, Walt Disney Worlds Happiest Celebration! I just hope itā€™s something well thought out and not done cheap.

If they release nothing else for merchandise I want it to be a 50th CD box set full of full versions of, well, everything Lol. No doubt a hearty price tag attached to it but Iā€™d gladly pay it!
They shouldnā€™t use the word ā€œhappiestā€. That belongs to Disneyland.

They could dust off the old 100 Years of Magic banners and put cardboard 50s over the 100s. And build that Mouse Hat in front of MMRR with dueling Ferris wheels for ears.

TTA94

They shouldnā€™t use the word ā€œhappiestā€. That belongs to Disneyland.

They could dust off the old 100 Years of Magic banners and put cardboard 50s over the 100s. And build that Mouse Hat in front of MMRR with dueling Ferris wheels for ears.

They will probably dust off the gold overlay they put on the castle during Disneylandā€™s 50th. Hopefully minus the mirror! Seems very unlikely they will leave the castle undecorated. There was a debate over the use of decorations and the HEA projection mapping, but maybe part of the reason for HEA changes or a new show is due to castle overlay plans?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They will probably dust off the gold overlay they put on the castle during Disneylandā€™s 50th. Hopefully minus the mirror! Seems very unlikely they will leave the castle undecorated. There was a debate over the use of decorations and the HEA projection mapping, but maybe part of the reason for HEA changes or a new show is due to castle overlay plans?

The funny thing is that during HEA, the castle gets colorized with many looks with gold or silver filigree... which looks a hundred times better than the castle by itself. The castle would look beautiful with a permanent red lacquer and gold filigree... though that would make it impossible to project other images onto it.

I'm sure, as you suggest, a 50th addition would coincide with a 50th update to HEA... it'd have to.

TTA94

I just want a new parade confirmed already...

I was hoping for at least a brief mention of it at D23, but as MansionButler84 said, itā€™s over 2 years out still. This might be a Disney Parks Blog announcement sometime around the end of 2021. Just depends on when itā€™s going to debut ,on or before October 1st 2021.

SweetDuffy101

But the Problem with Steve Projects especially Nighttime Shows, They Tend to have the same scenes from other parks. But on Daytime Shows and parades Thats where he raises the Bar for Example Tokyo parades. And the problem with US park entertainment is that They lack budget unlike overseas parks, and the trend is to duplicate shows from one park to another.

jaxonp

But the Problem with Steve Projects especially Nighttime Shows, They Tend to have the same scenes from other parks. But on Daytime Shows and parades Thats where he raises the Bar for Example Tokyo parades. And the problem with US park entertainment is that They lack budget unlike overseas parks, and the trend is to duplicate shows from one park to another.

Dreaming up parade from Tokyo is everything!

brb1006

I donā€™t know. Personally I find the man to be overrated.
Who composed the majority of Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Parade music, shows, and commercials? Because these are the type of music that made Disney's older parades had some sort of charm that's missing from newer the newer parades.

Disneyland's 25th Anniversary commercial

Disneyland's 25th Anniversary Parade

Walt Disney World's Tencennial Parade

Share A Dream Come True Parade

ToTBellHop

Who composed the majority of Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Parade music, shows, and commercials? Because these are the type of music that made Disney's older parades had some sort of charm that's missing from newer the newer parades.

Disneyland's 25th Anniversary commercial

Disneyland's 25th Anniversary Parade

Walt Disney World's Tencennial Parade

Share A Dream Come True Parade

I know who he is. Heā€™s a bit of a one-trick pony for me.

You liked your own post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom