Magic Kindom Closes due to Capacity

Atta83

dr_teeth90210 said:
It's been so busy they've installed fastpass machines at the Tomorrowland Restroom.

That sounded a whole lot funnier in my head. :-(
Ya know I had to wait in line for the bathrooms the other day, never had to do that before, and I went to the bathrooms that are less noticable.

Ijones88

:wave: I found it kinda strange that I called about a week ago and got rooms at Pop Century for April 1 and 2, I was waiting to hear that everything was all booked up. Also got a reservation at Cinderellas breakfast. Go figure!!

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Dr_Teeth's #1 restroom to use on a busy day is the
bathroom at "El Pirata Y El Perico" dining room right across from POC. Even if the restaraunt is closed the doors there are always unlocked.

Nansafan

shakes20 said:
Wow! I thought that most schools were done with their spring breaks. Is this a holdover from Easter, or are a lot of schools still out, or both?

In Chicago there is usually a difference between "spring break" (the public schools) and "Easter vacation" (the catholic schools). Spring break was the week before Easter this year and Easter vacation is now, the week after Easter. My son has been in the catholic school system for 13 years now and this has been the norm. Depending on when Easter falls, there are times when all the schools are out at the same time.

Many of the Chicago area suburban schools are also off on their spring breaks now.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Our last 4 visits to WDW have been over the Easter fortnight - I've never known the parks close during this period although I have seen wait times longer than those posted on the thread starter.
Could be something to do with Spring Break ?

Tinkrbell

Nansafan said:
In Chicago there is usually a difference between "spring break" (the public schools) and "Easter vacation" (the catholic schools). Spring break was the week before Easter this year and Easter vacation is now, the week after Easter. My son has been in the catholic school system for 13 years now and this has been the norm. Depending on when Easter falls, there are times when all the schools are out at the same time.

Many of the Chicago area suburban schools are also off on their spring breaks now.

In Milwaukee, as well as in the suburbs, most of the schools, both private & public, usually have off the week following Easter.

sjnichol

My daughter was at the Magic Kingdom on Weds and said it was packed. She is there on her Senior Trip from NJ. Apparently, there are a number of schools there now. :wave:

PhotoDave219

dr_teeth90210 said:
Today's been another very busy day at the MK. They closed down the MK parking lot around 10 am this morning, but it appears that they did not go into any phases though.

That *IS* phase 1 , closing the parking lot....

KumbaRider

It was pretty crowded yesterday. I swung in for dinner but all table service restaurants were booked all evening. IASW had a 60 min wait, but it only ended up being 17 minutes. Went to Epcot for dinner at WS instead.

TimeTrip

DONALDisMYhero said:
I'll be there next year around this time, (not March, but the week after Easter), do you think it might be packed like this again?

Barring any major tourist stopping world events... yes it will. Every year, the weeks around Easter are among the most crowded weeks of the year.

wannab@dis

casualrdt said:
2nd week of May is generally a good time to go right?

It was when we went a couple of years ago! We had a wonderful time and the parks were not crowded. Plus, you get the Flower festival!

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
InsideOtherPark said:
How is that a phase? It has been done before...A phase is when their is a period when a set group of people can not gain entry to the park.

Your correct... Blocking access for day guests from the parking lot is just known as "alternate parking".

Though it's similar to Phase one there not quite the same.

yodathefrog

casualrdt said:
@nd week of May is generally a good time to go right?

We are going that week for the 3rd time in the last 5 years. Parks close a little earlier than we like, be we still get everything done and have a great time. Crowds have never been too bad...not non-existant, but not packed either. I think you'll have a great time and week!

RedBaron

shakes20 said:
Wow! I thought that most schools were done with their spring breaks. Is this a holdover from Easter, or are a lot of schools still out, or both?
In my area some kids were out last week and some were out this week. Guess it depends on the kind of school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom