Magic Kindom Closes due to Capacity

Ghost Host

Account Suspended
HennieBogan1966 said:
I'll bet that's what the mirror at Cindy's Castle is all about. It's counting people, and that's how they know when to close the park. I knew there was something sinister about the mirror.

Hmmm.......Super Secret Mirror?

I'd hate to see that thing come loose and fall. :eek:

"Mirror,mirror on the wall, which park is sued most of all?"

The_CEO

Ghost Host said:
I'd hate to see that thing come loose and fall. :eek:

"Mirror,mirror on the wall, which park is sued most of all?"

Doubtful, it has two large steel beams underneath it holding it's weight. Along with several other supports.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
or are they really holding the mirror?

It MIGHT BE a launch pad for a surface air missle defense program to protect the super secret bunker which houses the Fab 4 (Walt, Elvis, Hoffa, and Hughes)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneyFan 2000 said:
Don't read too much into it. I was hinting to Disney, not you guys. :lol: It's a favourite concept of mine!
oh i know, i was being sarcastic as well......... but forgot my smiley. at least you didnt go HP.....

pat in the hat

Most of my trips have been during spring break because of school/work/sports schedules. I guess that I'm just used to the crowds and wait times . . . we just start the day early and end late! In fact, it would seem sort-of strange to me to be able to just walk-on a ride (without FastPass)! The only time that I was at a park that was not crowded was when Easter fell early and the weather was rather cool . . . we had Blizzard Beach nearly to ourselves! :p You see, the weather was still a lot warmer than in Ohio . . . . I know, "crazy northerners"!

disneydata said:

One of my coordinators said to me that if the guest can actually GET to the gate during a phase 4 closing, they would let them in. That is a pretty big challenge since all forms of transit are stopped from entering!

Just for the record, phases are (they added a new one!)

Alternative parking:
Due to limited parking, guests arriving at MK should use alternate parking at Epcot and use Resort transportation to return to MK.

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (basically no incoming transportation)

I made a special run on a boat on christmas of 2003 for a family with a special needs child, they had a special pass, and the father looked absolutely heartbroken when I told him that the Kingdom was closed. I caught flak initially from my managers, but then they came around. The smile on the childs face was more than worth it.

jcraycraft

ArchiDanDisney said:
I made a special run on a boat on christmas of 2003 for a family with a special needs child, they had a special pass, and the father looked absolutely heartbroken when I told him that the Kingdom was closed. I caught flak initially from my managers, but then they came around. The smile on the childs face was more than worth it.

Very nice story .... Good job on your part, with keeping the magic alive. :sohappy:

bgraham34

Those were some really long wait times. I for one would not be a happy camper if I was in the parks on a day like that.

swimmom

shakes20 said:
Wow! I thought that most schools were done with their spring breaks. Is this a holdover from Easter, or are a lot of schools still out, or both?

All the schools except Chicago schools are out this week in my area. We tried to go to Brookfield Zoo yesterday, and after waiting about 2 hours in traffic and only going about 2 miles, we gave up.

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
InsideOtherPark said:
I wonder what today is like?

Today's been another very busy day at the MK. They closed down the MK parking lot around 10 am this morning, but it appears that they did not go into any phases though.

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
InsideOtherPark said:
Have some wait times for us today Dr?

Magic Kingdom @ 4:30 pm

Thunder Mountain-75 min.
buzz-50 min.
dumbo-75 min.
iasw-60min.
jungle cruise-60 min.
mad tea party- 40 min
Philharmagic- 55 min.
Peter Pan's Flight 65 min.
POC- 30 min.
Snow White- 40 min.
Space mountain- 80 min,
Splash Mountain- 110 min.
Stitch- 50 min.
HM- 60 min.
Pooh- 45 min.

It's been so busy they've installed fastpass machines at the Tomorrowland Restroom.

That sounded a whole lot funnier in my head. :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom