Magic Express

Invero

Kingdom Konsultant said:
bhg469 There is an actual room co-ordinator (forgive me I forgot their actual title name) who goes over the reservations of who is checking in and they assign the rooms ahead of time. Usually 48-72 hours prior.
Indeed, the room assigner will pre-block many of the guest rooms, including those using this service. However, bags cannot be delivered to the room until the reservation is physically checked in.

Invero

will_hsv said:
Does anyone think that this will cut down on the traffic inside the world?
It won't... remember that the majority of the traffic on property is composed of day guests staying off property (this includes locals), and cast members travelling to/from work.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
stuart said:
This is great then - so its for anyone stayin on disney property and even better i take it as it is available for international guests as well. I would doubt that international baggage would be allowed to check in outwith MCO but i suppose you can still get the coach to the airport. But that aside its still goin to be a great idea.

Virgin was allowed to reintroduce its Downtown check in facility this summer. So precedent and procedures have been set.

TURKEY

Invero said:
Indeed, the room assigner will pre-block many of the guest rooms, including those using this service. However, bags cannot be delivered to the room until the reservation is physically checked in.

Not to mention the people that complain when they find out where their rooms are because it's too far, not facing a pool, etc, etc.

Imagine delivering everyone's bags only to have to move them because they all wanted a different room.

stuart

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Virgin was allowed to reintroduce its Downtown check in facility this summer. So precedent and procedures have been set.

Yup i had forgotten about that oh well even better.

This is something that many Brits coming to Disney wont be able to experience as many of the British charter airlines were moved to Sanford airport - which is miles away from Disney. The only two UK carriers at MCO are BA and Virgin. We travel with Continental though who are so much better than BA. Never flown Virigin.

Well this is something we will def. need to book for next July.

Testtrack321

With people prediciting huge record breaking crowds next year, I don't think the little guys are in much danger, plus there are still lots of non-Disney hotels that people stay at, and a small alternate reality resort down the street called Universal!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
TURKEY said:
Not to mention the people that complain when they find out where their rooms are because it's too far, not facing a pool, etc, etc.

Imagine delivering everyone's bags only to have to move them because they all wanted a different room.

It gives me a headache just hinking about it! :brick:

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Invero said:
Pam is allowed... she's a board sponsor, and pays good money to have that signature. :)

Thank you Tyler...

Room assigner That's what they're called! I could not think of it for the life of me. :lol:

p.s. I missed you at the meet this year

Pam

AEfx

jodiey said:
Does this mean that if I fly Southwest, I cannot use the new transportation? :(
Pam, Tyler, or whomever, can correct me if my interpretation is wrong, but I believe you just won't be able to do the pre-boarding thing until they add SouthWest - the shuttle service is for everyone no matter which airline you come in on. The listed airlines simply will be allowing WDW to do part of the check-in process for your return flight - a service the individual airlines must establish with Disney.

For instance, I fly JetBlue, which isn't listed yet - so while I won't be able to get my boarding pass, etc., I will still be able to use the Magic Express.

AEfx

jodiey

Pumbas Nakasak said:
No but if you fly due East you can :animwink:
But Mears will still be available during this, right? I thought I had heard that their contract was up in 2005 and wouldn't be renewed.

wannabeBelle

AEfx said:
Pam, Tyler, or whomever, can correct me if my interpretation is wrong, but I believe you just won't be able to do the pre-boarding thing until they add SouthWest - the shuttle service is for everyone no matter which airline you come in on. The listed airlines simply will be allowing WDW to do part of the check-in process for your return flight - a service the individual airlines must establish with Disney.

For instance, I fly JetBlue, which isn't listed yet - so while I won't be able to get my boarding pass, etc., I will still be able to use the Magic Express.

AEfx
that is my understanding and how I read it as well. Belle

t3techcom18

I like the whole idea of the whole process of Magic Express, but what I'm wondering, is what will become of Bell Services and the Front Desk? And if the Bell Services stay, and do the baggage still, how are they going to recieve tips from the people? That's how they make money, and if they take that away, then how are they going to get their paychecks? And also, what would happen with the Front Desk? If they have resort check-in at the airport, then the only left for the Front Desk to do, is to make reservations for restaurants, and to sell tickets! I'm a bit afraid of that, mostly because my Dad is the one who works at the Front Desk.

s25843

t3techcom18 said:
I like the whole idea of the whole process of Magic Express, but what I'm wondering, is what will become of Bell Services and the Front Desk? And if the Bell Services stay, and do the baggage still, how are they going to recieve tips from the people? That's how they make money, and if they take that away, then how are they going to get their paychecks? And also, what would happen with the Front Desk? If they have resort check-in at the airport, then the only left for the Front Desk to do, is to make reservations for restaurants, and to sell tickets! I'm a bit afraid of that, mostly because my Dad is the one who works at the Front Desk.

There are still thousands of guests who will NOT arrive via the Magic Express shuttles...

stuart

s25843 said:
There are still thousands of guests who will NOT arrive via the Magic Express shuttles...

There are all the guests who will be driving to Disney who will obviously not be using Magic Express. Also any people flyin into/from Sanford airport - that includes the thousands of British guests who arrive there daily. Also this Magic Express will not see the end of Mears or Bell Services.

From what i have read on Magic Express from the Disneyworld.com release it is just for domestic passengers. Would this mean that the baggage services you get for it would not be available for people like us with a connecting international flight at Newark? I guess that we could still get on the coach but collect our luggage ourselves??? Anyone able to clear this up or will i need to get in touch with Disney to find out.

ATCMickey

Stuart,

You've got my curiousity up. What British charters travel to/from Sanford? Last I checked Sanford was a General Aviation (GA) airport.

Thanks,

ATCMickey

"Also any people flyin into/from Sanford airport - that includes the thousands of British guests who arrive there daily. "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom