Maggie Goes to Walt Disney World..again!..:)

This was a WONDERFUL trip once again..:)

The weather was great except for one rainy night and there was hardly anyone there..:)

We arrived on the 1st of March and left on the 10th..

Saturday..we just hung out at Downtown Disney and the hotel and went to bed early to go to The Magic Kingdom Bright and early on Sunday..:sohappy:
Maggie discovers the jumping water...
055957.jpg

060016.jpg

055801.jpg

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Wonderful post, Dana.
To Steve...
Nothing in this world matters more than the job you do as a parent. The problem is, too many people see it as a job instead of the incredible experience it really is. And, as any parent of grown children can tell you, it is an experience that passes much too quickly.
Believe me, the day will come when you can once again do what you want according to your plans, unencumbered. And there is something nice about that. But nothing comes close to the experience of being an active participant in your child's life. Enjoy the gift of seeing the world through his eyes and you'll be making memories that both of you will cherish when he is no longer the little boy by your side.
Thanks Dot and I agree with what you said..:)
I agree whole heartedly Dana (can't believe I just agreed with Dana about anything :eek:)! Great post!
:lol:Thanks Heidi..:)
I will mark this as a reminder..;)
To be fair, kids need to know that the parents relationship comes first, IMO :shrug:

Buuuuut, that's why there are places in the world OTHER than WDW I can go :lol: Not saying it's "just for kids" but in our situation, I really don't care to go without them. Too expensive and tiresome to be wasted on just myself. :ROFLOL: :lookaroun
I agree with you Christy..but when he talks about not bringing his son to WDW it is not because he wants to spend time with his wife alone without kids around..it is because the child slows him down ..but when you have kids..before you have kids you should be aware that kids do change things...and I think basically in a great way.

Especially when you go to WDW or a theme park..you can not just pick up and do what you used to do..and that is in basic everyday life also..

I think though that it is worth it and that once he see'e his child there he will change his mind..:shrug:

I may be wrong though.

MouseMadness

I agree with you Christy..but when he talks about not bringing his son to WDW it is not because he wants to spend time with his wife alone without kids around..it is because the child slows him down ..but when you have kids..before you have kids you should be aware that kids do change things...and I think basically in a great way.

Especially when you go to WDW or a theme park..you can not just pick up and do what you used to do..and that is in basic everyday life also..

I think though that it is worth it and that once he see'e his child there he will change his mind..:shrug:

I may be wrong though.

I never said I thought HE had a point :lol:

But mom and dad time is so important.

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Don't get too used to it. It won't happen again until the next leap year, at least. :lookaroun :p
:ROFLOL::p
I loved seeing WDW through my younger siblings' eyes. It's so much fun doing Disney with children.:)
I know..:)
I never said I thought HE had a point

But mom and dad time is so important.
Ohhh Okay..He rarely has good points..:lookaroun

:lol:Just kidding Steve..you know I love ya..;)

I agree with Mom and Dad time being important also..:)

sbkline

Actually, both statements are correct, and they kind of go together. Yes, it's true that a toddler along would slow me down way more than I would like and I don't deny that. But it's also true that I want to spend time with my wife alone. Time where we can just enjoy things together without having to worry about changing diapers or leaving a show or park early to tend to a fussy toddler. I want to be able to stay late and watch Wishes, Fantasmic or Illuminations without having to get the child to bed. I want to be able to play mini-golf with my wife without wondering how a child will affect the evening. We have a nice dinner planned with another poster from this forum at Cali Grill at 8 PM and I don't think a 2 year old would do well with that. I want to enjoy one more trip with my wife with just the two of us before we start doing family vacations. I very much look forward to taking our child(ren) to WDW and enjoying family time there but we're both looking forward to one more trip with just the two of us without worrying about how a two year old will do on the 18 hour car ride, or how he will do at sit down restaraunts while we eat, how he will do during mini-golf, etc.

Yes, I know very well that children change everything, hence the consideration given to whether or not to take him with us. We both agree that he's too young and that the trip wouldn't go well for any of us with a toddler along. At least we made that decision BEFORE we went, instead of taking him along without even considering the fact that children change everything. :lol: The changes required to accomodate an infant or toddler are changes that neither of us are willing to deal with, hence our agreement that we won't take our kids there until they are older. We plan for this to be our last trip without children, so we are both looking forward to one last trip where we can do whatever we want without having children to consider.

Like I said, I don't deny your statement that I don't want to bring a two year old along because he would slow me down...that is true. But it's also true that I want time alone with my wife. I felt bad after last year's trip that I was still too much in theme park commando mode and didn't give her as much time to rest and enjoy the resort hotel as she would have liked. So I view last year as a practice run and plan to make it up to her this time around with more time for her to take a nap in the hotel or just enjoy a romantic evening on the grounds without rushing from one ride to the next. She wanted a beach day so we're going to the beach one day on our trip where she can just lay on the beach and relax and she's too much of a worrywart to do that if there is a child along. And a child along would make alot of this impossible. And on a side note, another thing I plan to do differently this time around is to hide the darn pringles. :D

Sorry, I guess this is the wrong thread to discuss this, since this is supposed to be your trip report thread. :eek: But I guess neither of us are going to change our minds. I respect your choice to bring your toddler and you obviously had a blast and enjoyed yourselves and that's great. But my wife and I are just much more apprehensive about the prospect of bringing a child that age down there and choose not to do it.

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
I respect your reasons Steve.but I am still always right ya know...;)

Yes..make sure no pringles and I can not wait to hear about your future trips..with and without the kids..;):)

Well, what can I say that has not already been said? The Beautiful Miss Maggie, shining like a star at DisneyWorld! Dana, she looks like she belongs there!

The pics were amazing...it sounds and looks like the perfect trip. You are such a good Mom...the joy in Maggie's face is a direct reflection of the love you give her. What a truly blessed family you are!

And may I just say, on the subject of those curls, I called them from waaaay back when they were just wee wisps behind her ears. I cannot get over how big she's gotten and how gorgeous she is.

I am so happy that you guys had such a great time! Thank you for sharing!

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Well, what can I say that has not already been said? The Beautiful Miss Maggie, shining like a star at DisneyWorld! Dana, she looks like she belongs there!

The pics were amazing...it sounds and looks like the perfect trip. You are such a good Mom...the joy in Maggie's face is a direct reflection of the love you give her. What a truly blessed family you are!

And may I just say, on the subject of those curls, I called them from waaaay back when they were just wee wisps behind her ears. I cannot get over how big she's gotten and how gorgeous she is.

I am so happy that you guys had such a great time! Thank you for sharing!
:kiss:
Thanks Amy!

She does belong there..:)

It was the perfect trip and they just keep getting better..

Thanks for saying I am a good mommy..I try my best..:eek:

You did call the curls..I LOVE them!

:kiss: Love you!

TwoTigersMom

Actually, both statements are correct, and they kind of go together. Yes, it's true that a toddler along would slow me down way more than I would like and I don't deny that. But it's also true that I want to spend time with my wife alone. Time where we can just enjoy things together without having to worry about changing diapers or leaving a show or park early to tend to a fussy toddler. I want to be able to stay late and watch Wishes, Fantasmic or Illuminations without having to get the child to bed. I want to be able to play mini-golf with my wife without wondering how a child will affect the evening. We have a nice dinner planned with another poster from this forum at Cali Grill at 8 PM and I don't think a 2 year old would do well with that. I want to enjoy one more trip with my wife with just the two of us before we start doing family vacations. I very much look forward to taking our child(ren) to WDW and enjoying family time there but we're both looking forward to one more trip with just the two of us without worrying about how a two year old will do on the 18 hour car ride, or how he will do at sit down restaraunts while we eat, how he will do during mini-golf, etc.

Yes, I know very well that children change everything, hence the consideration given to whether or not to take him with us. We both agree that he's too young and that the trip wouldn't go well for any of us with a toddler along. At least we made that decision BEFORE we went, instead of taking him along without even considering the fact that children change everything. :lol: The changes required to accomodate an infant or toddler are changes that neither of us are willing to deal with, hence our agreement that we won't take our kids there until they are older. We plan for this to be our last trip without children, so we are both looking forward to one last trip where we can do whatever we want without having children to consider.

Like I said, I don't deny your statement that I don't want to bring a two year old along because he would slow me down...that is true. But it's also true that I want time alone with my wife. I felt bad after last year's trip that I was still too much in theme park commando mode and didn't give her as much time to rest and enjoy the resort hotel as she would have liked. So I view last year as a practice run and plan to make it up to her this time around with more time for her to take a nap in the hotel or just enjoy a romantic evening on the grounds without rushing from one ride to the next. She wanted a beach day so we're going to the beach one day on our trip where she can just lay on the beach and relax and she's too much of a worrywart to do that if there is a child along. And a child along would make alot of this impossible. And on a side note, another thing I plan to do differently this time around is to hide the darn pringles. :D

Sorry, I guess this is the wrong thread to discuss this, since this is supposed to be your trip report thread. :eek: But I guess neither of us are going to change our minds. I respect your choice to bring your toddler and you obviously had a blast and enjoyed yourselves and that's great. But my wife and I are just much more apprehensive about the prospect of bringing a child that age down there and choose not to do it.

First let me say, I am not arguing with you or trying to persuade you in anyway. You are set in your decision and I respect that. I would just like to point out that Disney as you know it now, won't necessarily end when you go back with your child. Of course, I don't know your child so I can't say that I'm positive it won't. I have taken my boys with one of them being 2 at the time, to Narcoosees, Cali Grill, Fulton's, Le Cellier, Flying Fish, Yachtsman's and off property to Emerils. I have also taken them to play mini golf at WDW as well as my 6 year old played golf with us at The Palm in December. We've done the pm EMHs and stayed for Illuminations, Fantasmic and Wishes. All our meals are usually around 8pm or so. We've also taken them to La Nouba 3 times. As it has been mentioned a few posts ago, my boys are extremely active. However, I doubt anyone ever had a complaint sitting next to our family at a restaurant. My kids are FAR from perfect, but they never hinder me or my plans. If DH or I have our hearts set on certain restaurants, we go kids and all. As a matter of fat my 6 year olds favorite restaurant is Flying Fish. Both boys love dressing nice and going out to dinner.

Like I said, I'm not trying to persuade you at all, I just wanted to show you all the things you mentioned and then some can be done with children and still having a wonderful time. I also would like to say, yes DH and I do take time for ourselves. When ever we go to V&A's we go by ourselves. The oldest goes to the kid's clubs and the youngest stays with whoever we brought along. Thank goodness, he'll be old enough for the kid's clubs in one more year :lol: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom