LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

Bork Bork

Original Poster
From Disney Gossip:

Backlot Express would be converted to a Cantina style diner, although I've also heard that it could be a 'space junk yard' (as from Episode 1). Then the backstage road and main entrance road would be moved back about 200 yards to make room for a new e-Ticket set in the Star Wars universe. Think Carsland but with speeders racing around. There would also be a lot of Next-Gen touches bringing some hi-tech wizardry to the land as only WDI can do.

As a Star Wars geek, this woud/could be amazing! I picture Star Wars Weekends everyday, but in the proper themed setting. Any insiders hearing anything more on this?

Disney Gossip doesn't post frequently, but looking back, they seem to have a decent track record...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Star Wars obviously has so much potential to do way more than they have. It always has been and will be an ongoing rumor. Would love to see something happen!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know of a Lucasland to compliment a fleshed out Pixar Place, but I didn`t hear of any more than Blue Sky.

kcnole

Having a fleshed out pixarland and Lucasland would make the park immensely more valuable than it currently is but I don't see it coming anytime soon. I've always been surprised at their lack of effort with the starwars/indiana jones universes they have. There could be so much more than just one ride and a show for each.

kcnole

Maybe DHS could open the Fantastical world of George Lucas. They could even market it as a theme park within a theme park. Imagine the possibilities. ;)

Mick G.

Lucasland would only work if there was a Howard the Duck ride. :lol:

DHS is becoming the park devoted to concepts that the Disney Company didn't think of, but should have. Disney technology, telling non-Disney stories. All that is left that is really "Disney" is One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic. And a few scenes in the GMR. It's really a much different park than it was when it opened, and getting differenter all the time.

Mick

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Lucasland would only work if there was a Howard the Duck ride. :lol:

DHS is becoming the park devoted to concepts that the Disney Company didn't think of, but should have. Disney technology, telling non-Disney stories. All that is left that is really "Disney" is One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic. And a few scenes in the GMR. It's really a much different park than it was when it opened, and getting differenter all the time.

Mick

Really when it opened it had almost nothing that was Disney - hence the need to bring in MGM and other licenses.

Kamikaze

Having a fleshed out pixarland and Lucasland would make the park immensely more valuable than it currently is but I don't see it coming anytime soon. I've always been surprised at their lack of effort with the starwars/indiana jones universes they have. There could be so much more than just one ride and a show for each.

Blame Lucas for this, not Disney. Lucas doesn't want anything that isn't A+++++. Is it Disney's fault for not giving out that kind of budget? Sure, but its not completely their fault.

ryanduggers

Does this sound like the TRON lightcycles, but redone with speederbikes?

Maybe this is the reason the TRON ride was canceled.

Just a thought.....

NoChesterHester

Does this sound like the TRON lightcycles, but redone with speederbikes?

Maybe this is the reason the TRON ride was canceled.

Just a thought.....

Good thought. There is no doubt that Hollywood Studios could benefit greatly from an expansion. It is already a popular park, but give it Monster's Inc coaster plus a Star Wars themed land and people will be spinning the turnstiles for many years to come.

PLEASE let this be true.

misterID

Really when it opened it had almost nothing that was Disney - hence the need to bring in MGM and other licenses.

True. I was there the day it opened and the only things I can remember that were distinctly Disney was seeing Herbie and the Bee from Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Wasn't there a film with Mickey and Michael Eisner?

DaGoof00

It is something like this I have been waiting for since a kid. Although it sounds great, I'm pretty sure I'll still be waiting...

PurpleRose

I would be super excited if they would do something anywhere close to these lines. I am a huge Star Wars fan and if they expanded out the Jedi Academy that is being rumored plus this that would be amazing! Tell me when this will open so I can plan accordingly.

TP2000

Wasn't there a film with Mickey and Michael Eisner?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that film was called "One Man's Dream", which is a title that has also been used for stage shows and entire exhibits and attractions over the years. It was hosted by Eisner, and he sort of walked you through the history of Walt as a man and the company and products he created.

It also ran at DCA's Animation attraction from 2001 to '04. It was already dated by '01, and now of course it would be totally silly because Disney has really divorced itself from the Eisner era.

Unplugged

Sounds awesome, but that location makes little sense

This concept sounds awesome. But the location makes little sense as Disney parks focus on the grouping of attractions to create "lands" for theme and flow. The current Star Tours II attraction location lends itself to needing the such new attractions closer. Since the Muppets in the southwest area is staying and has some rumored updates (that seem to have been dropped like a bad habit unfortunately), these proposed star wars ideas would need to replace the elder Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the (oh great, now I forget the name of it) Studios Catering to the northeast.

Putting Star Wars in the back would also pose issues for the additional Pixar themed attractions that had also floated down the rumor river, like the ol' Monsters Inc. coaster and such.

Now, you can say what you like for my flaming the embers of the parking lot entrance rumors, but if the entrance on the South we're tweaked a bit so as to remove a portion of the parking lot to the east of Mr. Jones, (which would be easy to do), Disney has a nice plot of flat land they could fit such Star Wars additions. Hmmmm, that'll make you think. Of course, they would never do such a thing to a parking lot! <cough>, <cough>, DCA <cough> :lookaroun

Thoughts?

RAXIP

This concept sounds awesome. But the location makes little sense as Disney parks focus on the grouping of attractions to create "lands" for theme and flow. The current Star Tours II attraction location lends itself to needing the such new attractions closer. Since the Muppets in the southwest area is staying and has some rumored updates (that seem to have been dropped like a bad habit unfortunately), these proposed star wars ideas would need to replace the elder Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the (oh great, now I forget the name of it) Studios Catering to the northeast.

Putting Star Wars in the back would also pose issues for the additional Pixar themed attractions that had also floated down the rumor river, like the ol' Monsters Inc. coaster and such.

Are you getting the locations of Backlot Express & Studio Cater Co. mixed up? SCC is near the Backlot Tour. Backlot Express is across from Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom