LTT cuts it's operating hours

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I just got a heads up that starting this week Liberty Tree Tavern will be cutting it's hours Monday-Saturday from closing at 9pm or 9:30pm to 8pm until further notice. Sundays they will still be open late for EMH.

Over the past few weeks, management at the restaurant has been closing earlier than their posted closing time. Their justification for this move is based on the past few slower weeks were they were only having guests book reservations until around 8pm. Management decided that instead of taking walk-ins for the last hour they would just close early.

DisneyMusician2

Not surprised. Most people I talk to haven't had a ton of interest since it ceased to be a character dining experience. And the food is really OK, nothing to write home about. I think most people would rather pick one of the other great restaurants on property than take time at LTT.

WDW1974

Closing a major dining venue earlier when heading into summer, which means later hours is a BAD guest move, no matter whether the place is attracting a crowd or not.

Perhaps, the price points may need some adjustment?

njDizFan

Seriously how much money can TDO be saving by closing this restaurnat 1-2 hours a night? Not enough to offset the inconvience. Does every minute and every square foot of WDW need to have a $ sign

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I don't get this. It's not like MK is loaded with TS restaraunts.

I always liked the LTT food and atmosphere.
We stopped going when they axed the characters - My daughter loves Chip and Dale...
Now that she's sixteen she still loves Chip and Dale but apparently loves Thanksgiving dinner even more..
So we booked ADRs for LTT for this year.
She still see Chip and Dale now it's at the Garden Grill...:)

RSoxNo1

I still don't understand. Adventureland Veranda - Closed. Aunt Polly's - Closed. Diamond Horseshoe - Lunch Only. Tomorrowland Terrace - Lunch Only. Liberty Tree Tavern - Closing Earlier. After all of this, they're building a restaurant. Really? o_O
Something is going on at Aunt Polly's - not sure if it means it's going to re-open, but something is going on over there.

invader

Something is going on at Aunt Polly's - not sure if it means it's going to re-open, but something is going on over there.
Sweet, I'll have to check it out when I'm there next week. I'd really be happy to see them at least do something with it. It's sat there and been bench space since it's closure.

jakeman

Closing a major dining venue earlier when heading into summer, which means later hours is a BAD guest move, no matter whether the place is attracting a crowd or not.

Perhaps, the price points may need some adjustment?
Or a food quality adjustment. I wasn't a fan several years ago.

They've got to know they are doing something wrong when table service-strapped Magic Kingdom can't fill up it's restaurant.

lazyboy97o

I still don't understand. Adventureland Veranda - Closed. Aunt Polly's - Closed. Diamond Horseshoe - Lunch Only. Tomorrowland Terrace - Lunch Only. Liberty Tree Tavern - Closing Earlier. After all of this, they're building a restaurant. Really? o_O
Guest research indicates that experiences are more magical when guests perceive there to be options but their actual choices are limited. This helps them more easily make a decision as to where to eat. This gives our guests greater flexibility while in the parks, enabling them to spend time enjoying the many other Magical offerings of the Walt Disney World Resort, Where Dreams Come True!! :)

Bolna

I hate the reasoning that they have not gotten ADRs for that time frame, so they are going to close the restaurant. It seems that Disney has no interest at all to provide table service dining for people who might just decide on the spot that they would like dinner at a table service restaurant. If you don't book ahead, you are not considered a customer. The concept of having a restaurant open for people to just show up seems to have become foreign for them... o_O (would really love the little smiley banging his head against the wall now...)

Oh, and I agree with others that a price and quality adjustment might bring in more business. It has always surprised me how this place could keep up their price (which certainly has risen since then) after dropping the characters.

AmongMadPeople

I wonder how long this change will last. In the summer, I'd suppose a higher percentage of guests don't have a dining plan and don't have incentive to grab last minute reservations, which are often a pick of off-peak hours. I'll be interested to see if this lasts any longer than a month or two. I hope not.

Or a food quality adjustment. I wasn't a fan several years ago.

They've got to know they are doing something wrong when table service-strapped Magic Kingdom can't fill up it's restaurant.

For what it's worth, the menu has changed some in the last several years. The dessert has changed (I personally liked the older one better), instead of ham there is pork with some sort of chutney, plus a new vegetable side of carrots, one time it had asparagus mixed in. The protein and vegetable changes were a good move, and made the overall meal just a bit better without overhauling the whole menu and changing the experience.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Seriously how much money can TDO be saving by closing this restaurnat 1-2 hours a night? Not enough to offset the inconvience. Does every minute and every square foot of WDW need to have a $ sign

It should be noted that TDO suits (and possibly even Liz Clark) have no idea this cut has been made. It was a decision made by the management team that directly runs LTT.

menamechris

I love Liberty Tree. Of course, part of the problem could be that its insane to drop 31.99 on a family style dinner of Thanksgiving food. Maybe they should look at that aspect, as opposed to reduced hours... But why would they do that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom