LTT cuts it's operating hours

Bolt

Everyone needs to calm down. My gut is telling me that this is probably only temporary that we are going to be entering a busy few weeks coming up with the 4th of July and the park is nearly at capacity...

Bolna

I think the problem is not the one hour more or less of opening time. If it is true what a previous poster said that it was a decision by the management team of the restaurant it shows how stupid the system is by which every restaurant/shop etc. has to be responsible for its own profit. It leads the management to make decisions like this that ensure the highest profitability with the least amount of risk instead of looking out for generating the best guest experience.

njDizFan

It should be noted that TDO suits (and possibly even Liz Clark) have no idea this cut has been made. It was a decision made by the management team that directly runs LTT.
Interesting...I have no idea how much autonomy each specific retail establishment has within the parks.

It doesn't sound right that they wouldn't have to at least get the OK from the VP of F&B within MK(if that is a position)?

asianway

My family liked the Liberty Tree Tavern even though no characters were there - don't understand the negativity.
Protip-you can get the same quality at the Golden Corral out on 535 for 1/3 the price. And the price never went down when the characters left which was done to increase table turns at the time. Now they're closing early which is asinine when you consider the history.

History lends perspective and makes for an educated consumer. But it sounds like you are happy, and that's all that matters right?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
No great loss in my view. *Shrug*

The restaurant has mediocre food at best [desserts notwithstanding], generally lacklustre service if not downright horrible and after four disastrous attempts we just never went back. They could revamp the entire place with a new menu and different theme and it would probably need years of excellent reviews before I'd go back.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Everyone needs to calm down. My gut is telling me that this is probably only temporary that we are going to be entering a busy few weeks coming up with the 4th of July and the park is nearly at capacity...

The restaurant team was told by management that this change was in effect until further notice. Last night they had guest reservations booked between the 8 o'clock and 9 o'clock hour and those guests where being contacted to have their reservation changed to Tony's or Crystal Palace.

Bolna

The restaurant team was told by management that this change was in effect until further notice. Last night they had guest reservations booked until 9 o'clock and those guests where being contacted to have their reservation changed to Tony's or Crystal Palace.

Yes, because if I want a turkey dinner, I can easily substitute it with Italian food... Strange things happening there. :rolleyes:

Nicole

I haven't had a desire to go back to LTT for dinner since they took the characters away. Better to go at lunch when it costs less and you have more choices.

sweetpee_1993

I wonder what the CMs who work there think. If you take an hour off 5 days each week that's 5 hours. Over a month that's 20 hours. Think of how that will impact them. Hmmmm....

MarkTwain

Wow, we never even consider booking before 8pm... we usually eat in the 8:30pm - 9:30pm range. Sounds like Liberty Tree isn't in our cards in the future.

El-Fuego

Personally I wouldn't go back to this restaurant. We went two years ago and both the food and service sucked. We had loads of ADRs and although some weren't spectacular we found that across the board they were good, except here where I actually found the food over seasoned and stodgy. My wife's burger was also raw in the middle then we had to wait for ages for a replacement. I also found nothing particularly enticing about the ambiance.

The servers were a real let down and seemed pretty rushed and unable to cater for the amount of guests.

A real low light in an otherwise tremendous experience overall.

menamechris

The restaurant team was told by management that this change was in effect until further notice. Last night they had guest reservations booked between the 8 o'clock and 9 o'clock hour and those guests where being contacted to have their reservation changed to Tony's or Crystal Palace.

Wow...that's interesting. Why on earth would they do that? If they have reservations booked.... Maybe the other shoe is finally dropping here. Maybe prices really have gotten too out of hand - and with no dining deals going on right now - maybe a lot of people are paying out of pocket. That could mean diners are scattered between the table service restaurants - but not filling the restaurants.

wolf359

I see this as a good thing in the long term. If the restaurant isn't popular enough to run at capacity all day it sends the clearest message that something needs to be done to make the restaurant more popular. Yes, the short-term answer to reduce hours might be unpopular to those that actually had intent to go there in the later hours, but in the long term perhaps we'll see some changes that will make the restaurant more popular to a wider range of guests.

Le Cellier is a good example of a restaurant that had been so unpopular it had been reduced to seasonal operation before getting a facelift and drastic menu change that turned it into one of the most popular locations on the entire property. Perhaps Liberty Tree is due a similar update?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

That's incredibly dumb, but not surprsing that management would find that to be an effective solution.

I wonder what the CMs who work there think. If you take an hour off 5 days each week that's 5 hours. Over a month that's 20 hours. Think of how that will impact them. Hmmmm....

I can guarantee you not one iota of thought was given by management to how this change would impact the LTT frontline CM's.

Bolt

I can guarantee you not one iota of thought was given by management to how this change would impact the LTT frontline CM's.

Union rules will cover them in regards to hours adjustments and compensation. Servers at these places make more than managers - I can only feel a little sympathetic. On a side note, the college program students are probably jumping for joy finishing an hour earlier.

kashmir

Protip-you can get the same quality at the Golden Corral out on 535 for 1/3 the price. And the price never went down when the characters left which was done to increase table turns at the time. Now they're closing early which is asinine when you consider the history.

History lends perspective and makes for an educated consumer. But it sounds like you are happy, and that's all that matters right?
Wow, what an Attitude! I'd like it to stay with original hours, but I won't go to Golden Corral (yuck!) when I can dine in Liberty Square in WDW. Yes, I'm a vacationer!

WDW1974

I should have guessed that my pals Monty and Jake don't like LTT, since it's one of my favorite MK eateries, at least for lunch.

No, I don't like the price increases ... turkey dinner was only $10.99 before 20% discount not so very long ago. No, I don't like that they stopped putting out rolls and apple butter with lunch (you can ask for them, but how many people would ever think to ask at a DISNEY dining location?!?! ... although when I asked last, the entire room suddenly overheard and was in the mood for them too!)

I certainly haven't been there for dinner in at least a decade, back before it was family style and character dining, when it was on my tab.

But friends took me for dinner in fall 2010 and I thought the food was quite tasty to the point it surprised me.

Anyway, I don't get the move. It's yet another way where Disney tries to save pennies or nickels by turning dollars away.

asianway

Wow, what an Attitude! I'd like it to stay with original hours, but I won't go to Golden Corral (yuck!) when I can dine in Liberty Square in WDW. Yes, I'm a vacationer!

Thats funny, I would love to dine in Liberty Square at WDW too! But $35.99 for a mediocre meal with no characters is more than I can justify spending. Just for fun, how high would they have raise the price and/or lower the food quality for you to stop going? The entertainment is already gone, so we can leave that out of it.

I find it interesting to know where everyone would draw the line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom