Lots of new pics of Art of Animation Resort in Sentinel

WDW1974

That true??/ The part about CM's getting 50-60% off. I would think for the opening of AoA they would be able to fill the rooms pretty easily. Now I'm going to have to go check prices I have no idea what a Nemo room is going for... I'm getting $105 a night week day and $120 a night weekend, that doesn't seem high?? The suites seem to be $295 on the weekends which might be a little high. $265 on the week days. If need all those beds it's not a bad in my opinion.

Yes, it tis be true.

Aren't the Nemo rooms all suites? If so, $105 and $120 sound like fair prices. But those sound more like standard room rates (which I feel are absurd based on the O-town hotel market and the product).

As for $300 a night for one, well, when you can get a HOUSE or a two-bedroom timeshare (with a reputable company) nearby, those prices are loony and largely for people who just have to be enveloped in MAGIC and Pixie Dust and Disney control 24/7.

WDW1974

Im sure that has nothing to do with the fact that CM's always get 50-60% off a limited number of WDW rooms. Not to mention that most of this resort is now opening much earlier than originally planned.

You sure like to only give some of the facts.

Please stop being a management apologist. I am giving facts. You are making excuses for a multi-billion-dollar media corp that has people who are paid to do so.

CMs don't always get 50-60% discounts, let alone on brand new resorts starting on Day 1. The resort's opening has been scheduled for some time now and even the 'earlier' openings of a few phases has also been known for months. Plenty of time to fill the resort if demand was so high.

I'll give you a different example. At DLR, Maingate passes are blocked out for ALL of June AND July for BOTH parks. And DCA is blocked out for ALL of AUgust as well. Only the last few weeks of the month, can CMs use their Maingates to gain entry to DL only. That is unheard of. The entire summer is basically blocked out ... and after a HUGE price increase on passes. One could surmise this is because TDA is very sure their product is going to draw huge crowds and they don't want whores (yeah, gonna have to wait 'til Sept. to see the parks I guess :eek::drevil::cool:) getting in for free on Maingates. They aren't looking to fill the parks the liars way.

But TDO knows it has anothe stale summer of stale offerings in stale parks and a new and very overpriced resort opening ... so they are gonna do whatever it takes to fill them rooms.

Got it? (didn't think so, but was being polite and asking)

WDW1974

I appreciate the fact that you want Disney to do better - but Im so tired of reading your insults. It's Ok to love Disney, it's Ok to like over the top decor, and it's Ok to shop at Walmart. Get over yourself - you are no better than anyone else. If you don't like it, say 'I dont like it' and move on, don't try to insult people into feeling bad for liking it. I'm going there this fall and I can't wait - maybe I'll even stop at Wal-Mart first for some supplies.

Insults?

Who am I insulting? A corporation? Or are your feelings getting hurt because I don't have much respect for those who are over the top in defending any/everything Disney does like it's some sort of cult or religion.

My issues with the place go far beyond the tacky look, which to be fair began in 1994 with the opening of the first buildings of the A-S-S. ... I even sorta like the look of some of the Cars area I've seen. Look isn't the overriding issue.

As for shopping at Walmart, well, you shop wherever you want and I'll make whatever judgments I want about folks who shop there.:wave:

WDW1974

That's just his style. Flash over substance. Sometimes one's opinion becomes more important to themselves than the facts that may or may not support it.

Yep ... sure sounds like moi.:rolleyes:

Just like it's so refreshing to see you posting in a thread where I don't wind up being the topic of the day.

The schtick was old when it was JT's ... you must have something to say about the MAGIC of WDW that doesn't involve your opinion of me.

captainkidd

As for shopping at Walmart, well, you shop wherever you want and I'll make whatever judgments I want about folks who shop there.:wave:

I hate Wal-Mart myself, but what is that supposed to mean? Sometimes you just want to pick up some Tylenol or a movie and it's convenient and cheap. Would it make more sense to go to CVS and pay twice the amount of money for the same bottle of pills?

G00fyDad

It would be really nice if everyone just placed him on their ignore lists instead of just half of us. He is a narcissistic, arrogant, self-righteous, self-centered, egotictical antagonizer. I have seen maybe, just maybe, 3 or 4 posts by him that were not sent out to start some crap with people. Of course he said something about "the Wal-Mart crowd". He knew it would get a reaction from people, and it did. He was probably sitting in a Wal-Mart garden center typing his post while laughing like a kid farting in a bathtub.

jakeman

Yep ... sure sounds like moi.:rolleyes:

Just like it's so refreshing to see you posting in a thread where I don't wind up being the topic of the day.

The schtick was old when it was JT's ... you must have something to say about the MAGIC of WDW that doesn't involve your opinion of me.
I like how you ignored the rest of my post where I refute your "facts" about Art of Animation having discounts.

The simple fact is you are wrong. Most experiences at WDW have had a significant cast member discount when they are first available. I'll repeat it again since you can't seem to get past the first sentence of my post:

The Wonder had huge cast member discounts when it was first launched. So did Animal Kingdom Lodge. So did the African Jungle Trek. I had CM friends routinely book rooms for me up until a few years ago and there was routinely heavy discounts on rooms available at most times of the year.

You are wrong. I'm not sure how else to say it. The situation with AoA is not unique and it doesn't point to an error by management.

Mrs. Jobson

:sohappy:
It would be really nice if everyone just placed him on their ignore lists instead of just half of us. He is a narcissistic, arrogant, self-righteous, self-centered, egotictical antagonizer. I have seen maybe, just maybe, 3 or 4 posts by him that were not sent out to start some crap with people. Of course he said something about "the Wal-Mart crowd". He knew it would get a reaction from people, and it did. He was probably sitting in a Wal-Mart garden center typing his post while laughing like a kid farting in a bathtub.

:sohappy: I just lol!

Rescue Ranger

I just canceled our reservation for Caribbean Beach and decided to transfer over to AoA Little Mermaid rooms!!! We will be arriving on September 18th. We figured, not only was it cheaper, but to take advantage of being among the very first to stay there, it was well worth it :sohappy:

HOPEFULLY, we don't regret it. I am sure we wont, it looks like a great resort. I do not enjoy the value resorts and never stay at them, BUT, AoA seems to fit more in between a value and a moderate. It will be exciting to stay at a resort I have never stayed at...let alone seen before, adds more surprise and excitement to the trip now.

Personally, I love how the rooms look. We are a family of 5 and have always stayed Value or CBR, haven't tried anything else because we can't afford $300+ a night. When I go to Disney, I am one of those people who like to be surrounded by Disney. I don't want to feel like I am just at a motel 8 in some random place. My children are older, 12, 15, and 20, and they couldn't be more excited to stay here as well. They love the characters, my middle one loves drawing/animation so I know the lobby with the concept art is going to be a huge hit with her.

I don't understand the arguing on here, if you don't like it, don't stay here, the moderates are about the same price.

G00fyDad

Personally, I love how the rooms look. We are a family of 5 and have always stayed Value or CBR, haven't tried anything else because we can't afford $300+ a night. When I go to Disney, I am one of those people who like to be surrounded by Disney. I don't want to feel like I am just at a motel 8 in some random place. My children are older, 12, 15, and 20, and they couldn't be more excited to stay here as well. They love the characters, my middle one loves drawing/animation so I know the lobby with the concept art is going to be a huge hit with her.

I don't understand the arguing on here, if you don't like it, don't stay here, the moderates are about the same price.

I am sure you'll love it! :)

And don't worry about the arguing. That person just comes into threads just to start stuff with people. He has done this as long as I have seen him here. He says extremely inflammatory things and then sits back laughing about it. Unfortunately, there will always be someone like him in every forum. You can't fix stupid. :D

Swfewrmco

I am sure you'll love it! :)

And don't worry about the arguing. That person just comes into threads just to start stuff with people. He has done this as long as I have seen him here. He says extremely inflammatory things and then sits back laughing about it. Unfortunately, there will always be someone like him in every forum. You can't fix stupid. :D

Still dwelling.

flavious27

That true??/ The part about CM's getting 50-60% off. I would think for the opening of AoA they would be able to fill the rooms pretty easily. Now I'm going to have to go check prices I have no idea what a Nemo room is going for... I'm getting $105 a night week day and $120 a night weekend, that doesn't seem high?? The suites seem to be $295 on the weekends which might be a little high. $265 on the week days. If need all those beds it's not a bad in my opinion.

Over $250 for a "value" suite? Aren't they the size of two rooms, the little mermaid is like a $100 or so a night.

NMBC1993

Just checked into Art of Animation (was the first to check in:sohappy:) Apparently the TV doesn't work.....you'd think someone would have checked that right? The person on the phone said "Well maybe the last guest who stayed there unplugged it":brick:

redshoesrock

it looks very unique, but I worry that Cars cannot stay current enough. They aren't going to make more cars films, so in 10 years time, I don't know how great that'll be.

The amount of movies is not relevant; it just depends on how many people liked Cars/Cars 2. How many more Finding Nemo movies have been made? And that still appears to be popular, at least according to the the Sentinel photographer - looks like three out of every four pictures taken were Nemo related.

Dutchy13

Yay we are booked for Aug & seeing the pics I am glad we did. The 3 grandkids will just love being immersed with Nemo & pals.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom