Lots of new pics of Art of Animation Resort in Sentinel

nc_disneyfreak

well said!

:rolleyes:
I am dwelling?? :shrug: You continue to make zero sense. Good job! :wave:

Here's a clue for you, since you apparently have none of your own. My wife and I make about the same amount as each other, and it totals to nearly $150,000 a year for us. We live in a upper-middle class neighborhood, with a girl, and a boy. Oh yeah, a dog, and a cat too. We have the typical American lifestyle. We are not poor, we are not inner city, and we are not cheapskates. We love the value resorts because our children love them. That is why the value resorts are themed the way they are, for children. They were not targeting people like you. If they were then they would have them all dark with no lights, and no themes because why do you need themes, color, and light when the people staying there have their heads up their butts? You might want to go and think for a while before posting again since you apparently give no pause at all to the things that pop into your head.

We love the Moderates as much as anyone else, especially CBR, but we choose to stay at the Values. Once our children are older then we'll go back to the mods, but for now, we are happy where we are.

exactly...where did that guy even come from? We have a 5 yr old and a 17 mnth old daughter...this, as well as all the other value resorts are PERFECT for us. its all about the kids for us (dont get me wrong i love disney too, im just not hoity-toity) of course, once the kids get in their mid teens etc, well make the switch over to the mod resorts....unless of course they want to remember their childhood and stay at movies again...:rolleyes: but this guys comments are exactly what im talking about and makes disney world have a bad name....at its heart disneyworld is about being a kid again, not having to grow up, family and friends....not this seemingly uptight attitude about "another value resort"....everyone does not want white glove service with side of stick up your.....:eek: if im a cheapskate, then they are at least rollerblades....(ill try not to crash and break the furniture)

nc_disneyfreak

I am dwelling?? :shrug: You continue to make zero sense. Good job! :wave:

Here's a clue for you, since you apparently have none of your own. My wife and I make about the same amount as each other, and it totals to nearly $150,000 a year for us. We live in a upper-middle class neighborhood, with a girl, and a boy. Oh yeah, a dog, and a cat too. We have the typical American lifestyle. We are not poor, we are not inner city, and we are not cheapskates. We love the value resorts because our children love them. That is why the value resorts are themed the way they are, for children. They were not targeting people like you. If they were then they would have them all dark with no lights, and no themes because why do you need themes, color, and light when the people staying there have their heads up their butts? You might want to go and think for a while before posting again since you apparently give no pause at all to the things that pop into your head.

We love the Moderates as much as anyone else, especially CBR, but we choose to stay at the Values. Once our children are older then we'll go back to the mods, but for now, we are happy where we are.

exactly...where did that guy even come from? We have a 5 yr old and a 17 mnth old daughter...this, as well as all the other value resorts are PERFECT for us. its all about the kids for us (dont get me wrong i love disney too, im just not hoity-toity) of course, once the kids get in their mid teens etc, well make the switch over to the mod resorts....unless of course they want to remember their childhood and stay at movies again...:rolleyes: but this guys comments are exactly what im talking about and makes disney world have a bad name....at its heart disneyworld is about being a kid again, not having to grow up, family and friends....not this seemingly uptight attitude about "another value resort"....everyone does not want white glove service with side of stick up your.....:eek: if im a cheapskate, then they are at least rollerblades....(ill try not to crash and break the furniture)

Nemofinder

This place looks awesome! The rooms while in some's opinion are a bit gaudy, I feel like kids will eat it up. The Nemo pool looks sweet also.

captainkidd

Call my kids crazy, but honestly, they could give 2 pieces of Mickey Mouse ________ where we stay when we go to WDW. They're in WDW. Granted, some of the hotels are more kid friendly than others, but there are some that seem to be using their kids as an excuse to stay at a Value Resort. You don't need to justify to anyone on this board why you stay at a Value. I stay at all levels of resorts and I honestly could not care less what anyone thinks. People that belittle the Values, more often than not, have never even stayed there. I love my kids more than anything in the world, but if they said "Daddy, I want to stay there!", and were looking at the AoA Suite pictures, I'd say no way. Nothing to do with it being a Value. Personally, I find the rooms to be hideous and cheap looking. That's just my opinion. But if you like the look of the rooms, then stay there.:shrug:

captainkidd

Just showed my kids pictures of the Nemo suites and they want to cancel the Wilderness Lodge room for one of the Nemo rooms. I think Disney will hit their target audience with the Art of Animation resort. As for the adults whining that the theme is over the top etc. etc. stay somewhere else. I know personally I think the Contemporary is just a stack a shack hotel and I wouldn't stay there but some people love it. That's the whole object behind having differently themed hotels.

BTW I won't be giving up my WL room.

Why is it, on message boards, when someone's opinion differs from that of your own, they're whining?

luv

All I have seen of AoA in the last two months is the sign, as I drive past it. The sign looks great, though.

The place does not appear to be any more garish on the outside than any of the values...they're all garish.

The rooms look adorable...in pictures. Not sure I'd want to spend more than five minutes in one, though. They don't look very relaxing. They actually look worse than the Nemo rooms at CBR.

WDW1974

Garish, cheap, tacky and all about Disney branded franchises.

And all at a price that most families could rent multiple vacation homes for in the area.

Of course, I'm sure the fact CMs can book rooms there now for 50-60% off in its debut summer has nothing to do with the absurd price points.

Yep. And it continues.

dmeans

The Orlando Sentinel features a new gallery of pictures of the new Art of Animation Resort that appears to be ready to open.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...art-of-animation-resort,0,751239.photogallery

It keeps with the "oversized objects" theme of the other "value" resorts, which seems appropriate for the pool area; but buildings themselves seem like they will become quickly dated.

The room sample is way too overdone for an actual room. Disney characters in rooms are much better done when they are more subtle. The whole room should not look like a child's nursery.

Tha Animal Kingdom Lodge is an example of better use of Disney within the theming. The Lion King emblem is on the chair backs (carved in wood), and everything has an African feel; but the whole room is not aimed at five year olds.

Dose anyone remember the actual bestseller book, "The Art of Disney Animation"? It was a nice coffee-table book that pointed out the real artistry and detail in Disney animation. This resort is blows out the colors and overpowers the nature of that book.

I will say that the pool area seems well-done, and the chandelier, but the rest seems too overly bright and ignores the true "art" of animation (Bambi's rain, Beauty and the Beast's dining room, etc.)....

it all looks freak'n great to me...my family all six of us, are looking forward to our june 16th arrival and love the over the top theming everywhere.

maxairmike

That true??/ The part about CM's getting 50-60% off. I would think for the opening of AoA they would be able to fill the rooms pretty easily. Now I'm going to have to go check prices I have no idea what a Nemo room is going for... I'm getting $105 a night week day and $120 a night weekend, that doesn't seem high?? The suites seem to be $295 on the weekends which might be a little high. $265 on the week days. If need all those beds it's not a bad in my opinion.

Yep, it's true, but I doubt they have very many available to them at that discount. I had a friend check out of curiosity once I heard they had already been testing the resort with guests, and sure enough, they said there was a discount.

peter11435

I'm sure the fact CMs can book rooms there now for 50-60% off in its debut summer has nothing to do with the absurd price points.

Im sure that has nothing to do with the fact that CM's always get 50-60% off a limited number of WDW rooms. Not to mention that most of this resort is now opening much earlier than originally planned.

COProgressFan

Im sure that has nothing to do with the fact that CM's always get 50-60% off a limited number of WDW rooms. Not to mention that most of this resort is now opening much earlier than originally planned.

You sure like to only give some of the facts.

Much like AP discounts, there is NEVER any guarantee of ANY rooms set aside for CM discounts. They are common, but certainly not a guarantee, especially during busy periods and at high demand resorts.

Based on Disney's PR, press, and internet chatter, there seems to be a general impression that AoA is in great demand. But if the rooms were booking quickly and filling the resort, however, there would not be any CM discounts offered. It would certainly not be uncommon for this to occur, especially with a new resort, opening in phases during the busiest few months of the year.

So it's just an interesting observation that CMs discounts are being offered at all and what that says about bookings...just something to think about.

Garish, cheap, tacky and all about Disney branded franchises.

And all at a price that most families could rent multiple vacation homes for in the area.

But the Walmart-loving crowd will dig it ... and the 'details' placed in it. Of course, I'm sure the fact CMs can book rooms there now for 50-60% off in its debut summer has nothing to do with the absurd price points.

Yep. And it continues.

I appreciate the fact that you want Disney to do better - but Im so tired of reading your insults. It's Ok to love Disney, it's Ok to like over the top decor, and it's Ok to shop at Walmart. Get over yourself - you are no better than anyone else. If you don't like it, say 'I dont like it' and move on, don't try to insult people into feeling bad for liking it. I'm going there this fall and I can't wait - maybe I'll even stop at Wal-Mart first for some supplies.

peter11435

But if the rooms were booking quickly and filling the resort, however, there would not be any CM discounts offered.

That is not always true. If that were true they would never offer CM discounts on dates like 12/31 that typically sell out. However if you book early enough CM discounts are always offered for those dates at every resort. There is however very limited availability at those rates.

You seem to miss the fact that 8 out of the resorts 10 guest room buildings will be opening significantly earlier than originally planned. Thus there has suddenly been a large increase in the resorts available inventory.

Tim_4

Much like AP discounts, there is NEVER any guarantee of ANY rooms set aside for CM discounts. They are common, but certainly not a guarantee, especially during busy periods and at high demand resorts.

Based on Disney's PR, press, and internet chatter, there seems to be a general impression that AoA is in great demand. But if the rooms were booking quickly and filling the resort, however, there would not be any CM discounts offered. It would certainly not be uncommon for this to occur, especially with a new resort, opening in phases during the busiest few months of the year.

So it's just an interesting observation that CMs discounts are being offered at all and what that says about bookings...just something to think about.

The resort opened way ahead of schedule. These rooms are in very high demand but were not AVAILABLE for booking because they weren't supposed to be open yet. Opening early, it's not easy to find guests last minute when most guests book months and months in advance. Hence the CM discount.

You're also wrong that there wouldn't be a CM discount during busy season under normal circumstances. CM discounts are available year round and at every resort (rarely at Fort Wilderness) but in varying quantities.

Vader2112

Have been contimplating staying at Art of Animation in October. Looks like my 2 and 4 year old will love it. Not sure about myself. looks a little to kid friendly.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I appreciate the fact that you want Disney to do better - but Im so tired of reading your insults. It's Ok to love Disney, it's Ok to like over the top decor, and it's Ok to shop at Walmart. Get over yourself - you are no better than anyone else. If you don't like it, say 'I dont like it' and move on, don't try to insult people into feeling bad for liking it. I'm going there this fall and I can't wait - maybe I'll even stop at Wal-Mart first for some supplies.

i-Jx7dQZ6.gif

Well put!

jakeman

You sure like to only give some of the facts.
That's just his style. Flash over substance. Sometimes one's opinion becomes more important to themselves than the facts that may or may not support it.

That is not always true. If that were true they would never offer CM discounts on dates like 12/31 that typically sell out. However if you book early enough CM discounts are always offered for those dates at every resort. There is however very limited availability at those rates.

You seem to miss the fact that 8 out of the resorts 10 guest room buildings will be opening significantly earlier than originally planned. Thus there has suddenly been a large increase in the resorts available inventory.
In very simple terms, it's a win/win for Disney.

First off, they are just getting their own money they paid to their employees back.

Additionally, they also have a more informed cast member base that could possibly influence a guest purchasing decision through share personal experience.

Also, Disney pretty much always does this for new offerings. I remember when the Wonder was launched for DCL, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a cast member discount cruise. Same with AKL when it first opened.

fairy8i8

I am personally glad that they made the Art of Animation. My 2 year old son is a HUGE fan of Cars and Finding Nemo. I view the resort as an extension of the theme parks. While we will probably be staying at the AKL for the views of the savanna, we will at least take a stop by AofA in order for our son to meet his favorite characters from the Cars movie! The fact that they are life size car statues is wonderful, especially since my son is at the age where he will think they are the real characters. I have even considered spending a few nights at the resort just to experience the Nemo pool. The huge characters were created in order to give people the sense of being Nemo's size, so characters like Crush and the SeaRay are huge. Again, I think it will put my son IN the world of Nemo.

I don't complain about over the top theming at the Parks, but that's because a big part of Disney World for me is having the characters and stories of the movies come to life. I know for some people, especially people who knew Disney World before the advent of all the new animated films in the 80s and 90s, such theming is not what they expect, but for me, it's fun and has its place. But I am also one who wishes for a castle resort where I can live out my childhood dream of being a princess (since there is only one Cinderella's Suite). As for taste and style, to each their own. If you really want style, stay at the Waldorf or wait for the Four Seasons if you insist on staying on property. Each resort on Disney property is fun and themed in a unique way. I view AofA as a way to let your kids stay in the theme park when they come back to the room. It's something only Disney can offer. For many of Disney's resorts, I'd rather visit the actual places than stay at a Disney resort honoring them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom