Lots of new pics of Art of Animation Resort in Sentinel

nc_disneyfreak

Insults?

Who am I insulting? A corporation? Or are your feelings getting hurt because I don't have much respect for those who are over the top in defending any/everything Disney does like it's some sort of cult or religion.

My issues with the place go far beyond the tacky look, which to be fair began in 1994 with the opening of the first buildings of the A-S-S. ... I even sorta like the look of some of the Cars area I've seen. Look isn't the overriding issue.

As for shopping at Walmart, well, you shop wherever you want and I'll make whatever judgments I want about folks who shop there.:wave:

hey keyboard commando, where do you even begin to cast judgement about people who shop at Wal Mart? who the h*ll are you? I shop at wal mart, infact im going later :p I make no bones about it, its what my family can afford, and value resorts are all we can afford as well, and you know what? we love it!! For people who stay at moderates and deluxe? more power to em'...they made better choices in their life that affords them the ability to do so. But you dont see me making dumb*ss remarks and judgements about where they shop? You crack me up, you act like your some disney historian/all knowing being, and think your comments are the be all end all....where did you even come from? All your posts reflect that as well....no one wants to read stuff like that on here, so why even bother? to all disney brothers and sisters..."pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" or better yet, the check out stand at wal mart....:lookaroun

Rescue Ranger

Just because its classified as a "value" resort, does not mean its ONLY for those with a small budget or ONLY for those that stay at or can afford values.

I am sure those with millions of dollars have stayed at values. For some, just having a nice place to stay on property is enough. Not everyone cares about the spas, a ton of amenities, sit down restaurants, etc, etc. Some just care about the theme parks and are just happy to stay on property is enough. Or some, may just feel like staying somewhere where a reminder of Disney and its characters are at every turn to immerse you into the world.

I have stayed at at the Grand Floridian before, AKL, Port Orleans, etc.....I was just booked for CB, yet I just cancelled and rebooked with AoA instead. I can't wait. Sure, it may not offer everything or what other resorts do, but thats ok. Its also offering me a brand new experience at the same time. PLUS, one of the biggest pools on property with underwater speakers!!!! :sohappy:

Yes, not everyone likes value resorts, usually I don't care for them either, but that in no way means they are 'bad" resorts and only "wal-mart" people stay at them. Every resorts offers something different and experiences to go along with it :)

nc_disneyfreak

well said..

Just because its classified as a "value" resort, does not mean its ONLY for those with a small budget or ONLY for those that stay at or can afford values.

I am sure those with millions of dollars have stayed at values. For some, just having a nice place to stay on property is enough. Not everyone cares about the spas, a ton of amenities, sit down restaurants, etc, etc. Some just care about the theme parks and are just happy to stay on property is enough. Or some, may just feel like staying somewhere where a reminder of Disney and its characters are at every turn to immerse you into the world.

I have stayed at at the Grand Floridian before, AKL, Port Orleans, etc.....I was just booked for CB, yet I just cancelled and rebooked with AoA instead. I can't wait. Sure, it may not offer everything or what other resorts do, but thats ok. Its also offering me a brand new experience at the same time. PLUS, one of the biggest pools on property with underwater speakers!!!! :sohappy:

Yes, not everyone likes value resorts, usually I don't care for them either, but that in no way means they are 'bad" resorts and only "wal-mart" people stay at them. Every resorts offers something different and experiences to go along with it :)

i liked this post. you said it better than i could of lol...well said:sohappy:

Kuhio

The newest pics of the Cars area in the AoA resort look quite nice. Not at the same level as Carsland, of course, but much more detailed than I thought they would be -- lots of neon and other touches that really make the area come alive, especially at night.

It's also nice that they have all the Cars characters out around the resort for photo ops, etc. I do wonder how long it'll be before they're all damaged and banged up due to people climbing all over them. Hopefully, they'll be kept up and not just simply pulled within the next two years...

One thing I've always wondered is why they chose to theme the only wing of the resort that has non-suite rooms to The Little Mermaid. Suites aren't really suitable for couples or single travelers; it makes no sense to spend that much and have so much space for just one or two people. So smaller groups are likely to go for the standard rooms, yet I would think that these smaller groups (again, couples without children or single travelers) are less likely to be into The Little Mermaid than a more general theme, like Finding Nemo or The Lion King.

Rescue Ranger

Yea, the Cars area is looking amazing!
I have to say, with the more images I see of this resort, it has to be the one resort on property that would be the closest to staying/sleeping in the actual parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The newest pics of the Cars area in the AoA resort look quite nice. Not at the same level as Carsland, of course, but much more detailed than I thought they would be -- lots of neon and other touches that really make the area come alive, especially at night.

Too bad they didn't use real neon in their signs like Catalans has. The cozy cone sign looks so blah compared to the real neon version

flynnibus

Premium Member
One thing I've always wondered is why they chose to theme the only wing of the resort that has non-suite rooms to The Little Mermaid. Suites aren't really suitable for couples or single travelers; it makes no sense to spend that much and have so much space for just one or two people.

Why?? Because they were building a all suites propert first and for-most. They already have plenty of hotel options for non-suite buyers.

The mermaid buildings are not suites because they were already structurally built out prior to the construction halt and they reused them

ToTBellHop

Why?? Because they were building a all suites propert first and for-most. They already have plenty of hotel options for non-suite buyers.

The mermaid buildings are not suites because they were already structurally built out prior to the construction halt and they reused them
That wasn't really the point--the point was, if only one wing was to have standard rooms, why have it be mermaid? I think it's a fair point. Mermaid certainly appeals to girls more than boys, while Cars appeals to boys more than girls. It might have made more sense to have the suites for Cars (boys), Mermaid (girls) and Nemo (both) and had The Lion King for the standards since both girls and boys like The Lion King.

That said--I like The Little Mermaid. I probably like The Lion King more, but I'll still be happy to say in the Mermaid section on my next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom