Looking for wdw partner to hang with

Computer Magic

SpongeScott said:
I guess I side with Brad on this one, and maybe we're getting a female/male perspective on this. Yes, there is a danger, but I see Brad's points very clearly in his response. Original poster is an adult and is responsible for his own actions, but I don't see or suspect any malice or wrong intentions on his part.
Nope, it's not a female/male perspective on this one....unless I'm really a female :lookaroun :)

He could have the best intentions, but came off wrong in the initial post. The thing about the Internet, you can be who ever you want to be. His profile says one thing but he could be someone completely different.

Advice stitch321: You should get to know people on the boards and mingle by positng your interest. Once people get to know you, the comfort level will set in and things will come naturally and not so forced. Your first post seemed forced and made people uncomfortable.

But don't let this discourage you. Welcome. I hope to see you around the boards and get to know you better.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Erika said:
Like I've said in the past: I COULD be the 27 year old girl in my avatar... or I could be her dirty old grandfather.
045.gif

Oh how I look forward to being a dirty old grandfather. It's fun being like I am now, but I just think it will be a lot more fun when I'm 74.:lol:

Heck, I say go for it. Anyone who's interested (assuming it's an adult) should know what they're doing, but so far it looks like the best offer he's gotten was from Vince.:lol:

(Not that there's anyghing wrong with Vince . . . I'm just:lookaroun saying . . . )

speck76

stitch321 said:
All I was looking for was someone who was in my situtation, IN MY AGE GROUP, who loves to hang out in the parks. All this talk of pediphiles, freaks, etc are not needed.

I am in shock that anyone on this board would even think like that.

I tried hard to be honest and put everything out there. All of these negative comments are really shocking me. I really just want this post removed and I am sorry to all of you who choose online dating and had a bad experience. This is a Disney board, not eharmony. I thought I could find others like me and thats all.

Thanks for everyones support and I am sorry for any confusion

Well....I am sorry you had to go through this.

I do not understand where some people were coming from in their posts....I guess some people always thinks the worst of people, or only know how to be negative.

You identified yourself as a 26 year old male.....not a 14 year old male, not a 14 year old female.

Computer Magic

speck76 said:
Well....I am sorry you had to go through this.

I do not understand where some people were coming from in their posts....I guess some people always thinks the worst of people, or only know how to be negative.

You identified yourself as a 26 year old male.....not a 14 year old male, not a 14 year old female.
Speck: Why don't you go out and meet him. Come back and tell us what kind of person he is.

Erika

speck76 said:

And I'm a dirty old man :lol:

Stitch, I hope you are taking this all in stride. We are, as a group, a bit "off" :lookaroun

speck76

Computer Magic said:
Speck: Why don't you go out and meet him. Come back and tell us what kind of person he is.

He is looking for a female.

He described himself as a 26 year old male looking for a female.

He did not say a 14 year old female.....

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not sure why this is turning into and argument, but anyhow.

I think some members are pointing out that it is worthwhile being cautious on the web, especially when meeting people.

Of course adults are free to do what they choose, but I think it is part of our community responsiblitiy here to occasionally point out the risks, and to just remind people to be careful.

There are more guidelines that are worthwhile reading at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=2660

Erika

speck76 said:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Caution works on both sides. I remember plenty of girls in my high school who would go out on the weekends, lie about their ages, and snag boyfriends who were in their mid- 20s. If something were to happen, guess who gets in trouble?

Chances are good that Stitch is a nice guy who will meet a nice girl and have fun in WDW. We can only hope that nice girl will not be Vince.

Computer Magic

wdwmagic said:

I think some members are pointing out that it is worthwhile being cautious on the web, especially when meeting people.

Of course adults are free to do what they choose, but I think it is part of our community responsiblitiy here to occasionally point out the risks, and to just remind people to be careful.

There are more guidelines that are worthwhile reading at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=2660
Very well stated and I will leave it at that.

TURKEY

So how exactly is this different than all the:

Who's going in (fill in the month)?

The singles threads?

I just don't remember seeing everyone posting so many warning tales in those threads.

Erika

TURKEY said:

The singles threads?

I just don't remember seeing everyone posting so many warning tales in those threads.

I posted warnings, but it was a long time ago. With the original singles thread, I think- and I am not sure if I ever did it after that.

Wilt Dasney

I think we've all learned an extremely valuable lesson today. Everyone remember to be very, VERY careful.......

anytime you post a thread here.

(P.S.: Also be careful when meeting people, nymphs, weasels or shoeboxes you've only talked to online. Especially shoeboxes.)

MerHearted

garyhoov said:
Heck, I say go for it. Anyone who's interested (assuming it's an adult) should know what they're doing, but so far it looks like the best offer he's gotten was from Vince.:lol:

(Not that there's anyghing wrong with Vince . . . I'm just:lookaroun saying . . . )

Erika said:
Chances are good that Stitch is a nice guy who will meet a nice girl and have fun in WDW. We can only hope that nice girl will not be Vince.

I'm hurt. :cry:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
TURKEY said:

The singles threads?

I would say that the "Whos going in a month" threads are different in that they are just producing a list of who is going to be at WDW at the same time. They are not specifically starting a thread looking to meet an individual.

I dont understand why the "be cautious" message is being met with opposition?

Shaman

wdwmagic said:

I don't get the argument either...

From what I read, a warning (raised by concern) was just posted for those who would read the post by the original poster...

Maybe everybody will be very very cautious...but what if there is one person thats not.... it isn't the first time some kid/ or even adult is lured into dangerous situations because of the internet...

(thats not to say the orginal poster is "evil"...lol...but we don't know a lot about him to make any judgements)

The Mom

Premium Member
wdwmagic said:
I would say that the "Whos going in a month" threads are different in that they are just producing a list of who is going to be at WDW at the same time. They are not specifically starting a thread looking to meet an individual.

I dont understand why the "be cautious" message is being met with opposition?

I agree. There's a world of difference between posting "I'm going to be at WDW at such and such a time. Anyone want to hang out?" and what was posted. I've been to all of the meets. I WAS a little nervous about the first one, but I DID have my family close by, and I was meeting a female I had conversed with frequently on the boards. As an old married woman, I'm more of a chaperone than anyone's dream date. :lol:

I would hesitate to meet a "stranger" unless it was part of a larger group, ala the meets. Even the single women knew they were "safe" as they wanted to be with the rest of us around. :lol:

mattb

Stitch321, on behalf of everyone here, I apologize for everyone's sudden bout of schizophrenia. I assure you, we're not normally this crazy (or are we...? Hmmm...)

That being said, I am looking for anyone 18+ (I am 18), male or female, (I am 18) who wants to do Disney. I live about 2 hours away, and need an excuse to go more often. Since I usually go alone, it'd be a refreshing change be there with another person. :)

My only request is that you be crazy about Disney (and you don't mind hanging out with someone else who is likewise).

P.S. Secretly, I'm a pedophile looking for 12 year olds! Can't you tell from my very ambiguous post? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom