Looking for suggestions on where to book a birthday dinner at Epcot

Cinderella1976

Hi Everyone :wave: I will be in Disney on my actual birthday this year (12/10) and that day we plan on going to Epcot. I was really hoping to be able to get a dinner (I also would have settled for a lunch) reservation at Le Cellier but when I called at my 180 day mark everything was sold out for the whole week we are there :eek: So, what other places would you guys suggest? My DH suggested the place in Italy, but I've read mixed reviews. I was thinking that Marrakash in Morocco seems different, but I am not so sure about the menu. I've been to the Rose and Crown before, and I thought the food was okay, but don't think I would want to go back this year. What to you guys think? If it were your birthday, where in Epcot would you want to have dinner?

tink68

Coral Reef is really good. My daughter and I celebrated our birthdays there this year and had alot of fun. They give you personalized birthday menus and we had a dessert that said happy birthday. It was alot of fun and I believe they have other things besides seafood. Try to sit by the glass so you can watch all the fish and see saw alot of divers too.
Happy early b-day and have fun. :wave:
Sheri

Upvote 0

cndrellagrl

I suggest Coral Reef, this is where we celebrated my parent's 25th Anniversary last year and it was awesome! It's a really neat place and we all loved the view of the tank. Its a bit nicer for adults, but fun for the kids as well.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

If it was my birthday in Epcot I would pick Bistro de Paris. I would also pick it for an Anniversary or romantic get away. I believe my DW would answer the same way.

If you are shooting for romantic, quiet with great food and excellent wine selections then Bistro de Paris is the right spot.

If you are looking for a busier, more exciting atmosphere then go with one of the other suggestions.

Have fun and a happy birthday!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
My first choices wouldn't be in Epcot....Artist Point, Narcoossee's, California Grill.

Within Epcot, I would say either Chef's de France (tends to be a little noisy) or Bistro de France (upstairs, more intimate).
Being from Jersey, I think you would be disappointed in Italy...and shocked by the prices.
Marrakesh is interesting...I just don't personally think of it as a birthday celebration kind of meal...

You could also cheat a little bit, sneak out the back of Epcot and do Yachtsman's Steakhouse (IMO, better steak than Cellier), or Flying Fish.

I think you know your way around here, so could check out menu's and reviews here or at allearsnet.

Let us know what you decide.

PS...if you are set on Le Cellier, keep trying, openings do appear periodically.

Upvote 0

TinkRBell427

If it were my birthday, I would go to Chefs de France, but that's because I'm addicted to their french onion soup. Oh, it's so good. Germany would be my next choice, it has a very fun atmosphere. Wherever you go, I hope you have wonderful birthday!:wave:

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

It seems we've been celebrating birthdays on our last few trips (November, January, and now in May). San Angel Inn has become our new traditional must-do place, and I would suggest that if you'd like. If you let them know at the podium, they will try and offer you a $15 cake, but we always ask for one of their desserts, which they bring out with a candle in it and sing "Las Mañanitas." We get a kick out of it because we sing that song at all our birthday parties so my family sings along with the waiters/waitresses :lol:

I got the flan for my birthday, my mom had once gotten the vanilla ice cream, and my sister got rice pudding (arroz con leche).

I suggest also having your birthday button for every day of the trip. I'll take it a step further and suggest you head to see Voices of Liberty and sit close to them. If they spot your button, they may sing "Happy Birthday" to you. They did so for my sister and me, and they were the highlights of our trip. I sometimes watch the video of that over and over :D

Have a great trip :)

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Hi Everyone :wave: I will be in Disney on my actual birthday this year (12/10)... I was thinking that Marrakash in Morocco seems different, but I am not so sure about the menu.

We share a birthday! Happy (early) Birthday! :sohappy:

I'm the world's pickiest eater, and I love Restaurant Marrakesh. It is different, but it's also DELICIOUS. The chicken ka-bobs are pretty tame--though they have a spicy sauce. The beef brewat rolls are to die far (despite the unappetizing sound of "beef topped with sugar and cinammon"), and the apple crepes are my favorite dessert on property :slurp: Plus, you get entertained!

Just my two cents, anyway... :wave: Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we loved the morocamn restraunt. the food is delicious, the servers were very friendly, the theming is fantastic, and the belly dancer is entertaining. the food is not as exotic as you think. i had the chicken coucous which aside from being way too much food for one person was nicely seasoned, not over powering.

Upvote 0

bayoumoon

Hi Everyone :wave: I will be in Disney on my actual birthday this year (12/10) and that day we plan on going to Epcot. I was really hoping to be able to get a dinner (I also would have settled for a lunch) reservation at Le Cellier but when I called at my 180 day mark everything was sold out for the whole week we are there :eek: So, what other places would you guys suggest? My DH suggested the place in Italy, but I've read mixed reviews. I was thinking that Marrakash in Morocco seems different, but I am not so sure about the menu. I've been to the Rose and Crown before, and I thought the food was okay, but don't think I would want to go back this year. What to you guys think? If it were your birthday, where in Epcot would you want to have dinner?
Try calling again and asking for a Candlelight Processional Package at Le Cellier. The reason they were sold out when you called was because they "block out" a certain about for the CP.
Other wise I suggest the Bistro in France. Haven't tried it yet but it has some rave reviews. Good luck:)

Upvote 0

bgoebel

I suggest Morrocco to ( I love Mediterranean Food though so you have to like spice to your food)> We are doing Japan for My husband's birthday this year on December 12th (that is his favorite type of food :king: but would not be my choice). I'm sure our dd's will love the entertainment of the stove top cooking though!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom