Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

hpyhnt 1000

Have the references to Nestle been removed from the Film areas and the film yet, in Nov they were still? That might be part of this.

Already gone as of May-ish. :)

There must be something more than just new boats, unless the new rumored boats are enough of a change that they need to change the flume dimensions in some areas (though that would be a rather stupid reason IMHO). The current boats have 9 rows I believe; you're telling me you couldn't add a row but keep the dimensions close enough to prevent a major flume change? :veryconfu Hopefully the new films will happen, along with a general touch-up, but still kinda odd as to the "sudden" nature of this... :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

That refurb was more of a patch job. The only thing that was changed was the fact that the narration was now completely pre-recorded and Soarin' was mentioned. Other than that the ride is the same as it has always been since the 90s when it became Living With The Land. I think adding to the boat capasity would be a good improvement, as would changing the ending and updating the films inside the barn. Maybe some actual changes will be made to the ride this time...
Hopefully! I hope the changes would be made tastefully, though.:)

The new AquaCell in the Greenhouse was just added, however, that's different.

EPCOTPluto

(sigh) I just want the Gravity Drum back! It could still be done...plus I never seen it...

ladrum.jpg

Captain Hank

(sigh) I just want the Gravity Drum back! It could still be done...plus I never seen it...

ladrum.jpg

I don't know... :shrug: I'm just speculating. After all, why was it removed completely? Was space the issue?
The reason the NASA drum was taken out was that it was poorly designed. When it worked, it sprayed the nutrient solution around in all directions, creating a mess, and very quickly, a massive carpet of algae. Also, the decision was made to showcase the CELSS project that NASA was working on, which the current NASA displays at the end of the ride depict.

It's not there anymore? I coulda sworn I saw it last trip...:lol:
I'm afraid that they've been gone a very, very long time (unless your last trip was sometime in the 80s :) )

Oh, and I'm assuming that the post earlier about the alligators in the boat flume was a joke. But just to re-assure everyone out there, nothing of the sort has ever happened, obviously for the safety of both the Guests and the animals.

Mickey is King

The land area is messy because they put Soarin in there. As I said before- huge mistake! Soarin needed it's own building for another screen

I love what they have done with food though, what is it the 4 seasons food court or something? MUCH BETTER.
Hey I'm not crapping on Disney I love it, but Soarin crammed into the land? It's one of the most popular attractions in DL if not the most. did they not think it would go over big enough?

EPCOTPluto

The reason the NASA drum was taken out was that it was poorly designed. When it worked, it sprayed the nutrient solution around in all directions, creating a mess, and very quickly, a massive carpet of algae. Also, the decision was made to showcase the CELSS project that NASA was working on, which the current NASA displays at the end of the ride depict.
Ugh. That must've been a sore job to clean it. Certainly comprehensible now, thanks! :wave:

Oh, and I'm assuming that the post earlier about the alligators in the boat flume was a joke. But just to re-assure everyone out there, nothing of the sort has ever happened, obviously for the safety of both the Guests and the animals.
I did remember reading somewhere that a lucky Tilapia fish from the Aquafarming section would escape, thanks to some peevish CMs, and swim the waters, passing by boats before being scooped up and placed back into its rightful tank... :lookaroun

Captain Hank

I did remember reading somewhere that a lucky Tilapia fish from the Aquafarming section would escape, thanks to some peevish CMs, and swim the waters, passing by boats before being scooped up and placed back into its rightful tank... :lookaroun
On rare occasions, some of the fish in the Aquacell have been known to leap out of their tanks of their own accord and end up on the sidewalk or in the grates. They're usually discovered very quickly and if possible put in one of the backstage tanks for a while to make sure that they weren't injured or acquired any diseases in the process. I don't think any have made it all the way to the canal, and I don't know of any CMs doing it on purpose.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm afraid that they've been gone a very, very long time (unless your last trip was sometime in the 80s :) )

:lol: Maybe I'm thinking of something else that hangs plants upside down....?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom