Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

meryll83

In people's previous experience of refurbs, will it likely reopen before the scheduled date of 1st November, or not until that exact date?

Hrudey3032

In people's previous experience of refurbs, will it likely reopen before the scheduled date of 1st November, or not until that exact date?

It really depends on the refurb.Some have had soft openings and were running normally before the actual "set date" others have gone past refurb times due to many of reasons.(elements,overbudget,unforseen obstacles,etc...)

captainkidd

Yes, as of now Behind the Seeds is still being offered during the refurbishment.

Of course it is - Disney makes extra money for that. They probably have a tour guide showing people walls saying "And this is where the pumpkins are, and this is where the bananas are. If you come back in November and pay again, we'll show you these without walls blocking them."

partyoffour

I am not sure why disney is keeping this refurb so secret . They are saying it will be open when I go August 23rd. Sad if it is closed during out vaca we all love the ride. :-(

EPCOTPluto

Thanks, Steve! :wave:

Living-with-the-Land_Thumb_8120.jpg

I am so confused by this. Can't they just say 'refurb'? :lookaroun

EPCOTPluto

What the heck does "renewal" mean?

re·new (r
ibreve.gif
-n
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
, -ny
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
)v. re·newed, re·new·ing, re·news
v.tr.1. To make new or as if new again; restore: renewed the antique chair.
2. To take up again; resume: renew an old friendship; renewed the argument.
3. To repeat so as to reaffirm: renew a promise.
4. To regain or restore the physical or mental vigor of; revive: I renewed my spirits in the country air.
5. a. To arrange for the extension of: renew a contract; renew a magazine subscription.
b. To arrange to extend the loan of: renewed the library books before they were overdue.

6. To replenish: renewed the water in the humidifier.
7. To bring into being again; reestablish.

v.intr.1. To become new again.
2. To start over.

:lookaroun

Like I said, why can't they just say 'refurb'? Trying to conjure up something new to say?

Unless there is more planned...

hokielutz

I know. But as you said, it doesn't make it right.

If that's the way they want to conduct business and treat their guests, I guess I've learned a thing or two about the company.

On top of the fact that they closed it, they STILL haven't updated their wesbite or notified their CM's. To me, that's the worst part about it.

You know... this blather all amounts to this: Big Frickin Deal!

I honestly don't care that much that a planned closure to one of their lesser headline attractions came up without pre-closing notice. Whats done is done... and we should just all look forward to the reopening and occasionally banter about what changes are being made.

I don't see how any of us can lose sleep over this.

captainkidd

I honestly don't care that much that a planned closure to one of their lesser headline attractions came up without pre-closing notice. Whats done is done... and we should just all look forward to the reopening and occasionally banter about what changes are being made.

Well, when you put it like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom