Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

EPCOTPluto

I smell the skunk all the time. I just hold my breath, no big deal.
I hate ITTBAB because I am not a fan of bugs, especially the part where they crawl under your seat but otherwise the show is OK.
A bit OT now:

The only reason, (besides the fact it's about 10 minutes long), why ITTBAB scores the lowest in my opinion for 3D in the parks is due to the excessive crying and screaming of kids everywhere, everytime I watch it.

They DO state the show is intense for young children, so why parents bring them in anyway is odd IMHO...

RoRo

A bit OT now:

The only reason, (besides the fact it's about 10 minutes long), why ITTBAB scores the lowest in my opinion for 3D in the parks is due to the excessive crying and screaming of kids everywhere, everytime I watch it.

They DO state the show is intense for young children, so why parents bring them in anyway is odd IMHO...

Parents think it's fine for children because it's A Bugs Life. Now I am done being OT :D.

EPCOTPluto

True, but I think they should read the warnings & consider before watching.

...SO, now, why does Disney state LwtL as "renewal" but not "refurb" or "closed"? :lol:

jt04

True, but I think they should read the warnings & consider before watching.

...SO, now, why does Disney state LwtL as "renewal" but not "refurb" or "closed"? :lol:

Well I take it that a renewal is not quite a refurb but is certainly more than a refreshing. It is not and may never need reimagining but the ending set piece could stand to be reimagined or at least re-updated. :lookaroun

Jerm

Heard from my supervisor last night that it's just the queue and back area (boat storage) that's having work done to it. It's supposed to be back up and running by the end of September.

According to the hub for WDW Cm's the attraction is scheduled to be down till end of October. The funny thing is that yes during the busy time LWTL can have a long wait, but really all the people that are screaming and yelling here I would say would maybe fill 1 switchback of the queue. They have not shut it down for a major work over in years. This was one of the first attractions they shut down to "remove E.P.C.O.T. Center to make it Epcot" and since then the only things they have done was move the human off the boat. It needs to get some work done on it....let it be! Maybe they will get a way to move Listen to the Land song back on there somehow?!?!?!

The queue needed to be reworked because it is a old set up and if they widen it so it can fit wheelchairs and ECV's that will cut down on most of the back up. Plus they have to pull out the Fastpass system and update some of the films. I am looking forward to it being open when I go in December, but really for the people that are screaming that this and Space are closed at the same time.....REALLY???? REALLY????? it is a boat ride through a green house....pay the 18 bucks to do the behind the seeds tour and enjoy it up close!

IlikeDW

According to the hub for WDW Cm's the attraction is scheduled to be down till end of October. The funny thing is that yes during the busy time LWTL can have a long wait, but really all the people that are screaming and yelling here I would say would maybe fill 1 switchback of the queue. They have not shut it down for a major work over in years. This was one of the first attractions they shut down to "remove E.P.C.O.T. Center to make it Epcot" and since then the only things they have done was move the human off the boat. It needs to get some work done on it....let it be! Maybe they will get a way to move Listen to the Land song back on there somehow?!?!?!

The queue needed to be reworked because it is a old set up and if they widen it so it can fit wheelchairs and ECV's that will cut down on most of the back up. Plus they have to pull out the Fastpass system and update some of the films. I am looking forward to it being open when I go in December, but really for the people that are screaming that this and Space are closed at the same time.....REALLY???? REALLY????? it is a boat ride through a green house....pay the 18 bucks to do the behind the seeds tour and enjoy it up close!

I think its only $12 with AAA or Disney VISA

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Yep.:eek: The Fountain provided for a very clam environment.
:lol: Hehehe...

Too bad they wanted to make way for an extra 3 tables! I remember seeing parts of the fountain on Mouse Surplus. RIP...
Some of the senior members of this forum like to make things up. Disney website still lists nothing closed at Epcot at this time. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...ly_endDate=20090811&asmbly_startDate=20090802

I finally joined WDWmagic to keep people honest. CITE SOURCES PEOPLE or we will not believe U!
HA! You obviously are new here... Noobs. Gotta love 'em. :p
I miss hearing the rooster crow on the hour (or half hour?).
Too bad that didn't make the cut during the big overhaul. Maybe the PotC Parrot and the Rooster are friends now somewhere behind the scenes on property!
Moose outside says you're closed, I say you're open.

Wally.jpg

Happy 1,000th post, Tim! Great way to celebrate. :sohappy: :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Well I take it that a renewal is not quite a refurb but is certainly more than a refreshing. It is not and may never need reimagining but the ending set piece could stand to be reimagined or at least re-updated. :lookaroun

I'm thinking so too...The screens could get a nice refurb...Or replacement. Maybe make it like a the old ending/beginning. Symphony of the Seed was always cool.:)

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: Hehehe...

Too bad they wanted to make way for an extra 3 tables! I remember seeing parts of the fountain on Mouse Surplus. RIP...

HA! You obviously are new here... Noobs. Gotta love 'em. :p

Too bad that didn't make the cut during the big overhaul. Maybe the PotC Parrot and the Rooster are friends now somewhere behind the scenes on property!

Happy 1,000th post, Tim! Great way to celebrate. :sohappy: :lol:

:( Three tables. So worth it!:lol: You know Disney and the capacity issues!:ROFLOL:

Figment632

I'm thinking so too...The screens could get a nice refurb...Or replacement. Maybe make it like a the old ending/beginning. Symphony of the Seed was always cool.:)

The ending is not the problem in my opinion, the problem is the screens that show farming techniques from around the world, this is very outdated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom