Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought you said in another thread you were running off to spend your theme park $$ somewhere else?

I dont run anywhere I saunter as a man of my vintage and confidence is prone to do, and yes some of my 17 days will be spent in other parks, looking at the strange concept of new additional attractions.

Corr blimey G'uvnor strike a light.

fosse76

Yeah...it kinda looks like you commented on consumer rights and I responded. Did I misunderstand the sequence of events or intention there?

It was more of a general statement than any treatise on consumer rights.
:)

Two major attractions not being completed, a brick in a box, half of WDW being shut down is not the same as LwtL being closed unexpectedly and a couple of wires being crossed with the information.

I was just using that as an example. I thought I had made it clear that Living With the Land wasn't exactly the same situation. I think I was arguing the more general portion of the ticket disclaimer with regards to Disney's right to close rides/attractions for various reasons. I agree that they have that right...my example was to illustrate when they don't have that right. That the ticket disclaimer isn't a general "catch all" that shields them from any type of liability.

jakeman

I was just using that as an example. I thought I had made it clear that Living With the Land wasn't exactly the same situation. I think I was arguing the more general portion of the ticket disclaimer with regards to Disney's right to close rides/attractions for various reasons. I agree that they have that right...my example was to illustrate when they don't have that right. That the ticket disclaimer isn't a general "catch all" that shields them from any type of liability.
Wait, I think we are arguing about agreeing...:lookaroun

What has this board done to us!

I agree with you on all accounts. There are extreme circumstances that the back of your ticket would not cover; however, this situation isn't one of them.

RSoxNo1

I know years ago that they used all those switchbacks, but is it conceivable that they could remove some of them for additional seating?

Thrill Seeker

I'm remaining skeptical about this until it actually happens. Same goes for the early December re-opening of Space Mountain. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm 90% sure TTA will open as scheduled. Space Mountain though? It's anybody's guess, but again, my guess is yes, it will be open because Disney wants people to come just to go on the updated version. November is going to be a hot month with a refurbished Living With The Land and Space Mountain supposedly coming in the same month.

janoimagine

:eek:

It never got THAT bad...We just had a 20 min wait. WOW!

No kidding, I was shocked, when we got in line the sign said 35 minutes, I kid you not it was about an hour. I think mainly due to the large amount of people in ECV's and wheelchairs that wanted to ride as well. When we got off the ride I looked at the sign and the stand-by said 55 minutes.

EPCOT Explorer

No kidding, I was shocked, when we got in line the sign said 35 minutes, I kid you not it was about an hour. I think mainly due to the large amount of people in ECV's and wheelchairs that wanted to ride as well. When we got off the ride I looked at the sign and the stand-by said 55 minutes.
Something scarier....JII had a 30 Min wait that day too!:lol::lookaroun

raven

Heard from my supervisor last night that it's just the queue and back area (boat storage) that's having work done to it. It's supposed to be back up and running by the end of September.

Atomicmickey

Heard from my supervisor last night that it's just the queue and back area (boat storage) that's having work done to it. It's supposed to be back up and running by the end of September.

Thanks, Raven. That would be awesome.

We're going in mid-October, and I was hoping that they'd get it finished
a bit early. Surprisingly, (to me, anyway), all my kids thought that LWTL
was fantastic . . . I know they'd be bummed if it was down.

I'm just going to watch and hope that all goes well with the work.

EPCOT Explorer

Why waste your time ... I love figment, but they destroyed that ride with the re-do. But that's a whole other thread in and of itself.
See, I actually enjoy the current version. I remember the old version, but if you stop comparing it...It's ok. And besides...I have to see Figment.:eek::lol:

I should learn to do this for SSE07, too...:lol:

EPCOTPluto

See, I actually enjoy the current version. I remember the old version, but if you stop comparing it...It's ok. And besides...I have to see Figment.

I should learn to do this for SSE07, too...
Exactly. :D

For SSE07, it's not that bad. Heck, I actually enjoy the new scenes. The descent is a bit different as well...

Think the computer in each vehicle will pick one for you if you don't punch any buttons? Just wondering...

It's supposed to be back up and running by the end of September.
Nice! Think that 'end' would be by September 17th? :lookaroun

RoRo

See, I actually enjoy the current version. I remember the old version, but if you stop comparing it...It's ok. And besides...I have to see Figment.:eek::lol:

I should learn to do this for SSE07, too...:lol:

I agree with you, as long as I hold my breath for the skunk part, I find it enjoyable :lol:. SSE07 is not that bad, everything from the ascent to before the descent is beautiful but you learn to love the touch screen thing.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree with you, as long as I hold my breath for the skunk part, I find it enjoyable :lol:. SSE07 is not that bad, everything from the ascent to before the descent is beautiful but you learn to love the touch screen thing.

:lol: I can never smell the skunk.:shrug:

The only real problem with SSE is the finale. Other wise, it's pretty good. The Narr. needs help, but it's the least of it's issues.

EPCOTPluto

:lol: I can never smell the skunk.:shrug:

The only real problem with SSE is the finale. Other wise, it's pretty good. The Narr. needs help, but it's the least of it's issues.
The skunk smell isn't as bad as the scent at ITTBAB. :cool:

I think they just had to go with a script that can be understood by everyone and references computers A LOT.

"Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs? Thank the Phoneicians. They invented them."

D'oh! :brick:

And OT: Have a good trip, EE! I am leaving in two days! :wave::D

RoRo

I smell the skunk all the time. I just hold my breath, no big deal. I hate ITTBAB because I am not a fan of bugs especially the part where they crawl under your seat but otherwise the show is ok.

EPCOT Explorer

The skunk smell isn't as bad as the scent at ITTBAB. :cool:

I think they just had to go with a script that can be understood by everyone and references computers A LOT.

"Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs? Thank the Phoneicians. They invented them."

D'oh! :brick:

And OT: Have a good trip, EE! I am leaving in two days! :wave::D

Well...I think they had to do that, seeing as the theme changed. Sadly, its no longer communications, but futurism. It works, but you can tell it's still has a huge slant on communication.:lol: and the Mono Spiel still announces that, to my knowledge.

And thank you! You have a great trip as well! :wave: I'll have a WDWM button...:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom