Live from the Epcot Center

just talked to dw who is working at Star Tours gift shop ... she says DHS is wall to wall people ... when I dropped her off there at 2:30, I couldn't even drive up to the cast entrance ... I had to drop her off at the taxi stand

dxwwf3

Do these wait times compare to early July queues?

Not even in the same universe. From Christmas to New Year's Eve is usually the most crowded time of the year and NYE is INSANE crowd wise. July 4th is crowded, but most of the time it still isn't even close to NYE. And any non-July 4th day in July isn't that bad.

fillerup

So come on over to Celebration. Live bands, falling snow and 20 to 25 minutes of very good fireworks at midnight.

At 7pm there probably weren't 300 people downtown.

brkgnews

Sweet mother of all Fastpasses! Four hours for M:S and five-plus for Soarin? Nobody in their right mind would go to WDW today with the intention of actually RIDING anything.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Went to DAK at 6:30 for an hour. Walked on Everest, Dinosaur, and ITTBAB.

At DHS now.

RNRC - 90 min.
Tower - 50 min.
ST - 50 min.
GMR - 15 min.

frankd1962

I remember back in June when I was standing in the single rider/FastPass line for RnRC and people in my line were complaining that they were letting more people for the regular/standby line in then us.

I looked at the guy and said, "Dude, think of how long they might have been in that line! And you're complaining about waiting ten to twenty minutes?!?!?"

Also I went to Soarin' and there was a two hour wait when I got to the first "gate". I would have gone off to do something else but they handed me a "timer" card and I felt it was my duty to help others to know the actual wait time. Plus it gave me a chance to test a phone call with my cell phone back home to my boss in a playful phone call (like she did to me when she was on maternity leave). I got a clear signal and use it as a selling point with certain prepaid cell phones.

wickedfan07

Is Wonders of Life open today?

Probably not, even though it'd be a very good place to hold a massive dance party or something else to divert the crowds.

Those wait times in Epcot are insane! I never thought I'd see Soarin with a five-hour wait. I guess those interactive screens they added recently are coming in rather handy today. Though how many games could you play for five hours? And where the heck are they putting all of these people?! Did Epcot ever hit any phase of closing this afternoon? Seems like the place is crowded enough that it'd be rather close, even if it handles crowds the best out of the four parks.

The waits at DHS aren't too bad I guess. Out of the three parks currently open, that's probably the nicest park to be in right now. Plus at 12:00 you get the rare treat of seeing fireworks over the Hat. anyone these tonight planning on taking video? ;)

Seriously, its time to get something new into WoL (or just slightly rework the interior so what's there makes sense and can be operated) to absorb crowds, and to get AK some kind of nighttime show capability so it can be open until midnight on NYE. Something like DCA's upcoming World of Color would be an interesting New Year's treat (not to mention all year 'round).

And even with the crazy waits, insane crowds, and all too likely BO, I still want to go to Epcot on NYE one of these years. Thanks for the updates everyone, and Happy New Year!!

:wave:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
At Epcot Center now (on Living with the Land to be exact).

Food Rocks - 135 min.
Horizons - 120 min.
World of Motion - 110 min.
Spaceship Earth - 45 min.
The Living Seas - 25 min.
Journey Into Imagination - 15 min.
Living with the Land - 10 min.
Universe of Energy - 10 min.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Food Rocks - 135 min.
Horizons - 120 min.

:lol::lookaroun

... also the Odyssey must be booked solid tonight. :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I left, not worth it.

It's gonna be the same fireworks as last year and all the CMs are realy run down and in couldn't-care-less mood.

SSE died midday, sent all their people to Energy, and that promptly broke down too.

Line for Canada was all the way up to the shops.

Serously, not worth it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
That must of been madness. :brick::hammer:

It sucked, i wasn't on SSE when it broke or even in the line, but it was over an hour and broke down.

Atleast half the people on energy with me were from SSE after it brokedown. We had wait 3 shows (about 45mins) for Energy, just to have it die before we got into the dinos.

PhotoDave219

Food Rocks - 135 min.
Horizons - 120 min.

@$$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom