Live from the Epcot Center

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Update:

Tip-Board says Soarin has a 310 Minute wait!!! Pictures to come soon...

:eek:

Edit: OK I have to ask... who in their right mind would stand in a line for 5 hours??? I think I'd be hangin' out doing some serious people watching or something before I'd wait 5 hours in a line for a what, 5-7 minute ride? Wowee. Can you imagine what it's like inside the Land?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Why would Disney allow a 5 hour line? I would think that they would at some point do only Fastpass returns. 5 hours, that line has to be back out through the food court...

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Why would Disney allow a 5 hour line? I would think that they would at some point do only Fastpass returns. 5 hours, that line has to be back out through the food court...

That's what I was thinking, or I s'pose they could open the back doors past the bathrooms if they had a CM to post there. But still, I agree, I wonder why they don't close it for awhile.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I got to the park at 9am and fastpasses were gone for Soarin'.

But wouldnt it be simpler to say after 5pm, shut down standby, issue more fastpasses, run standby as another fastpass? Of course, if there is a five hour wait, thats probaly, what, 500 waiting in line not taking up space elsewhere?

surfsupdon

I miss being there, lol, call me crazy.

We'd just be heading in to Epcot now from International Gateway to our dinner at some country, then hang out in Japan, people watch, maybe eat some snacks, and hang out with our friends and family at Japan's video dance party while we wait for the fireworks.

Hope everyone there is having fun.

drew81

Posting from my iPhone, as of 4:45PM:

Spaceship Earth: 40Mins
TT: 160Mins (Single Rider: 110Mins)
Soarin: 290Mins
UoE: Down
M:S: 200Mins
Living Seas: 60Mins
Maelstrom: 115Mins
O'Canada: 45Mins

I'll be heading to DTD later and then back to Epcot tonight.

I wonder what's wrong with Universe of Energy? I bet they are trying to get that back up and running..

Timmay

Ugh...I would rather set my face on fire and then put it out with a ball peen hammer than have to deal with that many people.:hammer:

col

when i was at epcot for new years 2 years ago there was no wait for figment -it was a walk on-i dont like the ride i only went on it to sit down lol.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I wonder what's wrong with Universe of Energy? I bet they are trying to get that back up and running..

Not enough solar energy? The dinosaurs are sick? Someone passed out from boredom on the ride and they are trying to finish the investigation?

On a day like today having any attraction in the park closed must be horrendous. They need as many people-eater attractions as possible, and not having the one that keeps people hostage for 45 minutes is probably impacting the wait times for other rides pretty severely.

BSikor

So the park is still open right? I'm an AP holder and will be going in around 745-8 tonight. Im hoping no to have any issues.

TTATraveler

Ugh...I would rather set my face on fire and then put it out with a ball peen hammer than have to deal with that many people.:hammer:

Your tribute to the inferno barge, huh?:lol:

I wonder if they are handing out FastPasses for the bathrooms and counter service restaurants.:rolleyes:

drew81

Not enough solar energy? The dinosaurs are sick? Someone passed out from boredom on the ride and they are trying to finish the investigation?

On a day like today having any attraction in the park closed must be horrendous. They need as many people-eater attractions as possible, and not having the one that keeps people hostage for 45 minutes is probably impacting the wait times for other rides pretty severely.

That's what I was thinking...they need everything open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom