Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Chi84

Premium Member
When it comes to the promotion of their own movies, no. Everywhere else. Yes. 😂
Maybe it’s just me then, but I wish our so-called media would stop reporting on them so much even in connection with movies. It’s killing what’s left of our brain cells.

Disstevefan1

Am I the only one who thinks people in this country pay far too much attention to what celebrities say and do?
It doesn't matter when celebrities have have an opinion about politics or their favorite food etc., but when an actor is representing a company or a product, they should represent it correctly.

Its like a car salesman trying to sell you a car at the same time the car salesman says he hates the car.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Wouldn’t Rachel Ziegler be considered White in most places around the World? This isn’t about race. After seeing a few of her interviews I think she’s White enough to play the role. Do I like her for the role? No

Californian Elitist

Are modern Disney princesses destroying the concept of true love?
Absolutely.

LOL of course not. That’s absurd. I would argue they make a stronger case for “true love” than the first three princess films. I love the first three Disney Princess films, but, in terms of contemporary times, they are, indeed, dated and unrealistic. They are also weird. I’m specifically referring to their relationships with their respective partners. If you think about it, the relationships that fans tend to idolize, if you will, are Ariel and Eric, Belle and Beast, Aladdin and Jasmine, and sometimes Tiana and Naveen. Rarely do you hear people, particularly women, rave about Snow White’s, Cinderella’s, and Aurora’s respective relationships. That’s because they are usually considered to be strange, unideal, and even stalker-ish.

With that being said, a woman can be a traditional housewife and believe in and find true love. A woman can be more independent, work, pay her own bills, fight for herself when she can, and still believe in and find true love; I’m one of those women. It’s not an either or. I have multiple college degrees, I work, I pay my own bills, and I’m independent. I have no desire to take on a “traditional” role of a woman and don’t want a man taking care of me (I want us to take care of each other). I firmly believe that there is someone for everyone, aka “true love,” someone who compliments you as your partner. I may or may not be talking to my own “true love”, currently. We’ll see.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wouldn’t Rachel Ziegler be considered White in most places around the World? This isn’t about race. After seeing a few of her interviews I think she’s White enough to play the role. Do I like her for the role? No
As I mentioned, some want to make it about that. They think it’s a good way to shut down conversation.

TP2000

She didn’t “crap” on anyone, but you’re free to pretend she did.

If she didn't crap on anyone or anything, then this has to be the biggest PR disaster in history to be based on nothing.

If so, how should Disney respond to this mess? If it's nothing, and Miss Zegler is beyond reproach, how should Disney respond when it's time to send her and Ms. Gadot out onto The Tonight Show and Good Morning America next March?

Your comments about Zegler, Iman Vellani, and Brie Larson make it quite clear you, like many others, have a problem with a particular kind of person.

That tactic doesn't work any more. And is not even believable any longer. ;)

LittleBuford

To answer your question about the Prince, it’s fairy tale. From a different time and place. Do you have an issue with the story? Did anyone before 2020?
On this, I disagree with @Casper Gutman, because the prince's behaviour doesn't strike me as creepy or inappropriate by the logic established in the film itself.

That said, asking whether anyone had an issue with the story before 2020 isn't going to help your case, because Disney's 1937 treatment itself took great liberties with the source material, which was clearly considered too grisly for the target audience. In the original tale, the prince (who does not kiss Snow White back to life; she awakens when her coffin is dropped and the apple dislodged from her throat) sadistically brings about the queen's death by having her dance in red-hot iron slippers. It's hardly surprising that the animated film strayed from the established narrative in order to avoid such gratuitous violence.

Stories have, in other words, always been changed and updated, sometimes to the horror of purists. Disney, perhaps more than any other entertainment company, has been a key player in this phenomenon (The Little Mermaid and Hercules spring to mind as prominent examples).

erasure fan1

You (and several others who hate the modern Disney company) are practically giddy each time a Disney film flops
I wouldn't say I hate modern Disney. What I will say is I really dislike the way it's being managed. There's been a lot more misses in the last 5yrs than hits for me. I'm not giddy when a film doesn't perform. But at the same time, I won't make excuses for them. Disney is capable of great things, unfortunately they are in a stage of absolute laziness. Hopefully the underperformance kicks them back in the right direction. I just don't see it until there's big changes, starting at the top.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I prefer to think people aren't as shallow and intellectually lazy as "cause she didn't say something the way I wanted her to".
If you think that is all there is and that is all people are complaining about, does that make you intellectually lazy? Based on your posts, I don’t believe that to be the case about you. So saying that about others who have a different opinion on the matter, eh..

Casper Gutman

The attacks on her casting were entirely based on race prior to the recent “discovery” of her 2022 comments. Andrew C’s Terry Crews meme is from that period. We have also had a frequent poster on these boards post a meme referring to her as “Mud Brown.” The comments were dug up and broadcast by the same outlets attacking her race.

Californian Elitist

Am I the only one who thinks people in this country pay far too much attention to what celebrities say and do?
YES. It’s very weird and disturbing, even. Social media killed the mysteriousness of the lives of celebrities, the ones that actually have accounts and post (there are exceptions, like Beyoncé). They post about their lives, their choices of outfits, and even their meals of the day. They respond to people in the comments as well. These things sometimes make fans think these celebrities are their friends or colleagues. Some of them try and tell these celebrities what to do with their lives and then have the nerve to get mad when they get told to buzz off lol.

TP2000

I wouldn't say I hate modern Disney. What I will say is I really dislike the way it's being managed. There's been a lot more misses in the last 5yrs than hits for me. I'm not giddy when a film doesn't perform. But at the same time, I won't make excuses for them. Disney is capable of great things, unfortunately they are in a stage of absolute laziness. Hopefully the underperformance kicks them back in the right direction. I just don't see it until there's big changes, starting at the top.

I'm about where you are on this as well.

2023 was sort of the year it all fell apart for them, and the year I realized how bad it had become.

They've only had one (1) movie this year make any profit at the traditional box office calculations; Guardians 3 with a $57 Million profit. Their other five movies have either barely broken even (Mermaid, if you count LA tax breaks or something?), or lost a hundred Million or more per film (AntMan, Indy 5, Haunted Mansion).

Next up, Wish and The Marvels. And then Snow White's Leadership Adventure next March. 😐

Disstevefan1

Agreed, she looks great as SW, but seeing her interviews I do not like her as a person, having nothing to do with her looks or race.

After thinking about it, maybe she is perfect person for the role in this Snow White 2024.

Jedijax719

What is this movie going to be called if there are no dwarfs?

Just Snow White?
Snow White and the Seven Magical Creatures?
Snow White and the Seven Renaissance Festival Workers?
Snow White and the Seven Men and Women Without Hats?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom