Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

TP2000

She did not “trash” the original source material. Stop with the exaggerations. She said the movie scared her when she was a kid (it scared me, too), she called Charming a “stalker” (big whoop), and said the movie was made decades ago and is outdated in terms of female leadership roles, which it is.

Was Walt Disney's Snow White & The Seven Dwarves, or its Grimm's Fairytales source material, a story of "female leadership roles"???

This is exactly what makes people roll their eyes and/or laugh at whatever vapid and rather stupid sounding drivel Miss Zegler says about this live action remake of an old cartoon. :rolleyes: 🤣 Snow White in Walt Disney's film wasn't in a "leadership role", aside from cleaning up the dwarves cabin, as most women would if they ever set foot in a bachelor pad.

But sure, make the fable of Snow White all about "leadership". Presented by LinkedIn, in association with TED Talks.

But really, it's a just cute little story about a pretty girl who finds seven dwarves living in the forest on her way to finding true love.

She did not trash the film. In fact, she said once she realized she was auditioning for the role, she said she would “elbow everyone out of the way to play the part.”

You should alert the media about that, because they've been going in a completely different direction the last two weeks.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Ooohhhkay. So in this version of events, Bud Light and Alissa Heinerscheid and Dylan Mulvaney and Anheuser-Busch InBev are the victims.

Got it. But what are you going to do to fix it? Alissa Heinerscheid went on record as being a non-fan of her customers, much like Rachel Zegler did for anyone who is a fan of Walt Disney's Snow White & The Seven Dwarves.

The story for Bud Light is disastrous. How do you prevent the same type of result for the new live action Snow White's Leadership Adventure In DEI Partnership With Seven Magical Creatures?

Pretend you are a big Hollywood media company with an established customer base and a consumer brand name that used to be gold. Do you continue to insult your traditional customer base with your 7th or 8th money losing tentpole movie in a row in the hopes they'll finally relent, or do you change course and try to make movies your traditional customer base would like?

Bud Light and Alissa Heinerscheid already know the answer to that.

Miss Zegler is smart enough to speak for herself. And her own words and statements, across a year's time and at several different venues and arranged media formats, have been speaking loud and clear. If her words were taken out of context or twisted out of meaning, this would be the time for her to come forward and restate her opinions and thoughts to set the record straight.
Yes, in any honest version of the event Mulvaney is the victim. She was the target of an immense hate campaign that included some of the most powerful people in politics and media. The fact that you don’t seem to understand this is deeply troubling.

You continually mischaracterize what Zegler (and Heinerscheid) said in an attempt to justify abhorrent behavior. Zegler has never criticized Snow Whites fans or even done more then point out the cultural anachronisms of the original work.

I ask you again, where did Zegler say she “hated” Snow White?

Oh, and I’d love if you would be real clear about this - how have 7 or 8 Disney tent poles insulted their traditional audience?

LittleBuford

Wait…I thought politics and social issues weren’t allowed to even be interjected on this site anymore….?!?!?!
Did I miss an update…?!! 🤔
We wouldn’t be at nearly 40 pages if people weren’t being political about this.

As to the observation you quoted, it’s a factually true statement, and its implications are worth considering.

TP2000

Yes, in any honest version of the event Mulvaney is the victim. She was the target of an immense hate campaign that included some of the most powerful people in politics and media. The fact that you don’t seem to understand this is deeply troubling.

So are you going to hang out in the beer aisle at your local supermarket and try to shame blue collar consumers into buying Bud Light again? Because I'm not. (Not my scene or demographic) I don't drink beer generally, and if I do have a beer on a rare occasion it wouldn't be Bud Light. But that doesn't erase the fact that the Bud Light implosion happened. I'm not to blame for that. Alissa Heinerscheid is.

I ask you again, where did Zegler say she “hated” Snow White?

I don't know why you keep asking me that. I never said she did. 🤣

Oh, and I’d love if you would be real clear about this - how have 7 or 8 Disney tent poles insulted their traditional audience?

I'm assuming you are asking about this comment from me...

Pretend you are a big Hollywood media company with an established customer base and a consumer brand name that used to be gold. Do you continue to insult your traditional customer base with your 7th or 8th money losing tentpole movie in a row in the hopes they'll finally relent, or do you change course and try to make movies your traditional customer base would like?

I wasn't saying that by the time Snow White is released in March, 2024 that 7 or 8 of the past tentpoles from Disney will have insulted their traditional customer base, I was saying (perhaps clumsily) that it's very likely the previous 7 or 8 tentpoles from Disney will have lost money when Snow White comes out in March '24. And Snow White will do that with the extra cherry on top of insulting their traditional customer base, thanks to Miss Zegler and her awful attempts at doing PR for her upcoming movie.

I'm just assuming that The Marvels and Wish won't be huge box office smash hits, even if they don't insult their customers. Just basing that on the past six months, when only Guardians 3 was able to eek out a profit at the box office using the standard formula of 60% of domestic box office, 40% of overseas box office, compared against reported production and marketing budgets.

TP2000

We wouldn’t be at nearly 40 pages if people weren’t being political about this.

People may be political about a snotty starlet who dissed the source material at company-sponsored media events.

Seriously, who the hell is in charge of handling and messaging for Miss Zegler??? They need to get Zegler to either shut up, or take lessons from Halle Bailey on how to shill for your next corporate movie. This is a Disney fail at this point, not so much a Rachel Zegler fail.

But political about Snow White the movie? It's a very old and rather odd story about a girl who takes up homemaking for seven dwarves living in the forest, then battles an evil witch, but gets the handsome prince and lives happily ever after. This isn't War And Peace.

Dranth

People may be political about a snotty starlet who dissed the source material at company-sponsored media events.
No, a more accurate statement would be:

"An incredibly whiny, rage filled, ready to be offended by anything pile of malcontents are upset because someone in their early 20s has an opinion they don't like and instead of handling it like an adult they throw a tantrum and make a huge deal out of something that no one should have cared about to begin with."

I could care less if she didn't like the original. She didn't trash talk anyone who did, she just said what SHE thought about it, which makes her far more mature than the mob who are messing the bed because someone doesn't see things the same way they do.

Disstevefan1

SnowWhite2023s.jpg

doctornick

Well this has definitely picked up making headlines lately. In a bad way.

Well done Disney. Continue to dig a hole for yourselves 🤦🏼‍♂️

It's kind of interesting how it seems to have developed a new life the past few days or so - was there something specific that spurred this? Because most of the quoted comments are old. The interesting thing is that it has hit the mainstream media (not just "biased" right wing stuff) and is pretty widespread. I could see if this happened right after the leaked photo of the "magical creatures" but that was a previous new cycle.

LittleBuford

No, a more accurate statement would be:

"An incredibly whiny, rage filled, ready to be offended by anything pile of malcontents are upset because someone in their early 20s has an opinion they don't like and instead of handling it like an adult they throw a tantrum and make a huge deal out of something that no one should have cared about to begin with."

I could care less if she didn't like the original. She didn't trash talk anyone who did, she just said what SHE thought about it, which makes her far more mature than the mob who are messing the bed because someone doesn't see things the same way they do.
It’s not surprising to me that fans would react badly to her words, in that way that fans typically do when something they like is (seemingly) criticised. It’s the sheer strength of the reaction—the extreme significance that people are attaching to her opinion—that seems unusual and, frankly, weird to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's kind of interesting how it seems to have developed a new life the past few days or so - was there something specific that spurred this? Because most of the quoted comments are old. The interesting thing is that it has hit the mainstream media (not just "biased" right wing stuff) and is pretty widespread. I could see if this happened right after the leaked photo of the "magical creatures" but that was a previous new cycle.
Slow news cycle given the strikes + her comments during the strike = digging up her comments from last year.

Basically I'm reminded how we have to stop hanging on every word of celebrities. They are just regular people with their own opinions just like the rest of us.

LittleBuford

It's kind of interesting how it seems to have developed a new life the past few days or so - was there something specific that spurred this? Because most of the quoted comments are old. The interesting thing is that it has hit the mainstream media and is pretty widespread. I could see if this happened right after the leaked photo of the "magical creatures" but that was a previous new cycle.
My understanding is that the interviews resurfaced on TikTok. I too am surprised by the extent to which the story (such as it is) is being reported by mainstream outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Casper Gutman

It's kind of interesting how it seems to have developed a new life the past few days or so - was there something specific that spurred this? Because most of the quoted comments are old. The interesting thing is that it has hit the mainstream media and is pretty widespread. I could see if this happened right after the leaked photo of the "magical creatures" but that was a previous new cycle.

The framing of this by numerous posters is deeply disingenuous. Zegler made some innocuous comments in 2022. The Daily Mail, part of the rage machine, runs photos of stand-ins on the Snow White set. The machine, seeing a new target, dredges up the old comments, takes them out of context, and openly lies about them as part of a hate campaign against Zegler and, more broadly, Disney.

Last edited by a moderator:

Casper Gutman

Based off the lack of respect the lead actress shows for the original film and the pathetic photo that leaked out. They shouldn’t even call it “Snow White” so as to not confuse anyone into thinking that it’s based off either the original tale or movie.
How dare they call it “Pinnochio” when he doesn’t even smash Jimminy to death in the first scene? How dare they call it “Cinderella” when the sisters don’t dance themselves to death in red hot shoes?

Say, why don’t the offended posters post Zegler’s EXACT WORDS that upset them so we can all see what specifically is so unacceptable?

LittleBuford

Based off the lack of respect the lead actress shows for the original film and the pathetic photo that leaked out. They shouldn’t even call it “Snow White” so as to not confuse anyone into thinking that it’s based off either the original tale or movie.
What if the reviews are really positive and the leaked photos turn out to be misleading? Would you still let Zegler’s personal opinions stop you from experiencing and potentially enjoying the film?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom