Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

TP2000

I see you are prepping up for another one of your Disney films that you have not seen trashing events. Are you aware that one of the writers of this movie is Greta Gerwig, the writer and director of the 150% woke Barbie that you actually saw and adored?

I hadn't heard of Greta Gerwig until Barbie came along, but it's a fun name that certainly sticks in ones mind once you've heard it.

If she can make this Snow White as fun as Barbie, with good musical production numbers with lots of glitter and dancing Kens, then I'm all in.

BuddyThomas

I hadn't heard of Greta Gerwig until Barbie came along, but it's a fun name that certainly sticks in ones mind once you've heard it.

If she can make this Snow White as fun as Barbie, with good musical production numbers with lots of glitter and dancing Kens, then I'm all in.
She is one of the co-writers. She is not the director. Mark Webb is the director and he is a VERY good director. There will be no dancing Kens in Snow White, as you already know. Dancing Kens are limited to the woke movie that you adore.

Californian Elitist

They’re just mad that it’s not olden days where racist crows and tar babies and general stereotypes were the name of the game.
And it’s so funny because since the time we were kids, my sister and I have always found the scene where Prince Charming interrupts Snow White’s singing in the well to be weird and random. We have joked and still joke about how we would have thrown up our fists as a natural reaction and ran away. So, I can relate to Zegler’s comments about him.

With that being said, I would agree with others that original Snow White can still be viewed as a feminist because she does what she wants. She decides to cook and clean for the dwarves, bake them pies, and happily responds to Prince Charming’s advances. She is not forced to do so. She is a typical damsel in distress, but not every damsel needs to be turned into something else.

With aaaalllll that being said, if conservatives are mad, then I’m likely going to enjoy the movie. LOL.

donaldtoo

So… You have no proof, then. Right. Lol.

Yeah, sure. Louisiana. The movie wasn’t filmed in Los Angeles. You know which one was, though? The original 1937 version.

Again, sure…whatever your heart desires.

Wow, that was scathing. LA (Live Action, Rose).
I’m fully aware of both of those other pieces of info, and then some, thank you.

The fact is, we all know this was never going to be an LA (Live Action) interpretation of the ‘37 Disney Snow White anyway, so your previous casting point/scenario is moot.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Again, sure…whatever your heart desires.

Wow, that was scathing. LA (Live Action, Rose).
I’m fully aware of both of those other pieces of info, and then some, thank you.

The fact is, we all know this was never going to be an LA (Live Action) interpretation of the ‘37 Disney Snow White anyway, so your previous casting point/scenario is mute.
I kindly asked what you meant and you responded with sarcasm. My name is not “Rose,” Donald.

I never made any comments about casting, Donald. Maybe you’re referring to the person whose actual name is Rose. And it’s “moot,” not “mute.”

Californian Elitist

Don't bother engaging with either one of them. Both of them are adult children who live in perpetual states of offense and can never offer any valid talking points so they resort to throwing temper tantrums and calling people racist pigs. Notice how it's always them who come into the thread starting their usual shtick.
Who is “they?”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, because that’s exactly what I wake up every morning thinking about. Never mind all that other stupid responsibility stuff like a full-time professional job, paying bills, making sure the house and cars are in good repair, paying taxes, etc.
I was just bringing up counter arguments, and now I’m an old-time racist…?!?!?!
I don’t even know what race Ms. Zegler is…!
I just think the movie’s not gonna’ do very well…time will tell.
Get over it.

Race ? Human. Ethnicity? A mutt like most of the world's inhabitants.

donaldtoo

I kindly asked what you meant and you responded with sarcasm. My name is not “Rose,” Donald.

I never made any comments about casting, Donald. Maybe you’re referring to the person whose actual name is Rose. And it’s “moot,” not “mute.”

Kindly…? I think not.
Yes, I responded to your sarcastic “LA” comment (you darn well knew I meant Live Action) with sarcasm. It’s done on this site all the time.

So, you’re telling me your post #655 has nothing to do with casting…?!
How does it not…?!?!?!

Californian Elitist

Kindly…? I think not.
Yes, I responded to your sarcastic “LA” comment (you darn well knew I meant Live Action) with sarcasm. It’s done on this site all the time.

So, you’re telling me your post #655 has nothing to do with casting…?!
How does it not…?!?!?!
Actually, I had no clue what you meant by “LA,” hence my asking you to clarify.

Goodnight.

TP2000

She is one of the co-writers. She is not the director. Mark Webb is the director and he is a VERY good director. There will be no dancing Kens in Snow White, as you already know. Dancing Kens are limited to the woke movie that you adore.

Oh. I honestly don't know what most of that means.

I do know for a fact that Producers are mostly in charge of Snacks. An on-set interview with Jennifer Coolidge taught me that.

But what a Director does, or is, or was? I don't really know. I can guess that a Writer writes the stuff the actors say.

But Director vs. Producer vs. Writer? It's all pounds, shillings and pence to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Californian Elitist

It’s really not as big a deal (or any deal) as some of you are making it to be. The level of anger/annoyance/outrage towards this woman simply because she gave a typical critique of a movie and said it scared her as a child, and is now starring in a new take of the same movie (as if that hasn’t been done before) is unwarranted. I thought she said something like the Walt Disney Company should burn in **** and never be revived, based on the reactions. She called Prince Charming a “stalker” and admitted that this adaptation would be different from its predecessor. And she said the original cartoon scared her…

Okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom