Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

LSLS

I personally am not in favour of pushing actors to say things they don't believe. Does that mean I share her views? Not at all. But she's free to speak her mind and face any criticisms that may arise from her words.

Why? I ask that sincerely. Have you ever decided not to see a film because of something one of the actors in it said?
Not sure about movies, but it happens in music. This is her making direct comments about the movie. When someone says negative things about the original and makes mentions of significant changes to make it better, that resonates almost like a trailer. Is it turning EVERYONE off? Of course not. But if it turns off a not-insignificant portion, that's something. To go back to music, there was huge backlash against like Avenge Sevenfold (I have always hated them with a passion so I'm not making comments on right/wrong) when they talked about doing something totally different on their new record. There's a reason Slipknot keeps saying they are going back to their roots even when they don't, people will buy it/stream it to see.

erasure fan1

Why? I ask that sincerely. Have you ever decided not to see a film because of something one of the actors in it said?
I think a lot more people than you might think will skip a film because of something an actor said or did. I know I have. Hopefully Disney/marvel has talked to Larson. The marvels doesn't have the backing of endgame to help it along. So if she starts saying things like last time, that could hurt the film in my opinion. But like I said earlier, her comments won't kill the film if it's great. But they could sway some people if the movie isn't good.
I don't know if it counts but I'll never watch another Will Smith film after what he did to Chris Rock.
Yup. He's the big reason I'd say just scrap 100% all plans for Aladdin 2.

Jedijax719

All the undue hate that was thrown towards The Little Mermaid should have been saved for this disaster of a film. Compare how Halle Bailey talked about her love for the original film and how truly honored she was to be chosen to play Ariel to Rachel who has done nothing but trash the source material and show nothing but disdain like an ungrateful brat.
This is actually a very good point. Zegler has said "this isn't 1937 any more" but yet is playing a character in a remake of a 1937 film. She could have faked it and said that she loved the original and hopes to expand upon its beauty and timelessness by adding more and making people connect with the original while cherishing the freshness". Instead she disses on the themes from the original like something as simple and true as love. Can't be a good look.

I was all for and still am all for the remakes of TLM, Aladdin, BatB, Jungle Book, and even Lion King. But this one? Not so much. Feels like an awful hot mess in look and PR.

Californian Elitist

That also begs the question why she signed on to portray this character she doesn’t like - unless her general feelings towards that iteration of the character are reflected in this production
Not every actor/actress enjoys the characters they play. It’s even more of a challenge and arguably requires more skill for an actor/actress to become a character they don’t like.

LittleBuford

Not sure about movies, but it happens in music. This is her making direct comments about the movie. When someone says negative things about the original and makes mentions of significant changes to make it better, that resonates almost like a trailer.
We didn't need Zegler's comments to know that Snow White was never going to be the squeaky-voiced, helpless maiden of 1937.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I honestly don’t know what that means.
It's a meme. "Reject modernity, embrace tradition," that sort of thing, usually played for laughs.

1692043755596.png

TP2000

Because she should be trying to convince fans of Disney to hand over their money to see the new movie… not throwing fuel on the already burning fire.

This movie is fighting a huge uphill battle against bad PR, instead of adding to the negativity she should be trying to promote the movie, not alienating more people.

Don't worry. If this movie turns into another Haunted Mansion or Indy 5 style flop, or even merely a Lightyear or Little Mermaid style "underperformer", she will just blame the audience for not being good enough people to know they should have paid to see her movie.

TP2000

I think it's more like people at TWDC trolling other people at TWDC. The creative-types are trying to flex their muscles and thumb their nose at the suit-types who actually care about making money.

This was just posted over in another thread, but it applies here.

When you go to Target.com and search for Disney Snow White, it comes up as the most popular Disney princess by name by a long shot with the most merchandise available. Target seems like a good barometer to use as it's the official Disney merchandiser, but is also its own company that must stock/sell the products the free market actually wants and buys.

And yes, the "version" of Snow White being sold in big numbers at Target is the 1937 version. Someone should tell Miss Zegler that.

Disney Snow White = 207 Products
Disney Belle = 166 Products
Disney Frozen Elsa = 161 Products
Disney Cinderella = 139 Products
Disney Moana = 122 Products
Disney Frozen Anna = 66 Products
Disney Aurora = 62 Products
Disney Tiana = 57 Products
Disney Mulan = 45 Products

Disstevefan1

I was gonna say. If this movie does anywhere near TLM's numbers, they would be ecstatic and that would spell doom for anyone hoping they will stop making remakes.
Sadly, TWDC will be making these stupid live action remakes no matter what until they run out of movies to remake, then they will create prequels, sequels and so on.

BuddyThomas

You're describing a symptom, not the disease itself.

I don't care what Rachel Zegler says or thinks, HOWEVER:

I do care if the movie sucks, and the way Rachel Zegler is describing the creative process behind this movie is evidence that it will suck.
Or you can wait for the movie to open and find out for yourself if instead of just splattering meaningless predictions all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom