Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

LSLS

I wish they followed the Maleficent/ Cruella/ Cinderella model more, but they simply don’t make the money of the more direct adaptations.
Eh Maleficent did pretty well. Cruella was D+ as well, so not sure on that one. Cinderella made a good amount of money too, but am I remembering that wrong? I thought that really followed the same story as the original.

LittleBuford

Well you can thank the truly ridiculous and unprofessional behavior by the lead actress for any reputation the film has. It's clear she has zero ability to speak without sounding like a typical modern day 22 year old cry baby. She's never been put in her place or had anyone teach her respect.
Leaving aside how inexplicably bitter you are towards her and the sheer inappropriateness of the assertion that she needs to be “put in her place”, most of the bad press has centred on the leaked pictures, not anything she’s said.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Leaving aside how inexplicably bitter you are towards her and the sheer inappropriateness of the assertion that she needs to be “put in her place”, most of the bad press has centred on the leaked pictures, not anything she’s said.
Which is equally deserved. When you ruin a classic to the extent they are with Snow White, they need to be dragged to the pits and back. I hope this is a wake-up call for Disney.

Casper Gutman

Which is equally deserved. When you ruin a classic to the extent they are with Snow White, they need to be dragged to the pits and back. I hope this is a wake-up call for Disney.
The animated Snow White still exists. Absolutely nothing is ruined. This is another adaptation of a story that’s been adapted countless times, and Disney’s certainly wasn’t the first.

LittleBuford

We have next to no idea what the final product is going to be like. Preemptive outrage is a waste of energy and bad for the soul. I know it’s a highly unfashionable approach here in the forum, but I’m actually going to wait to see the film before judging it one way or the other.

DKampy

Well you can thank the truly ridiculous and unprofessional behavior by the lead actress for any reputation the film has. It's clear she has zero ability to speak without sounding like a typical modern day 22 year old cry baby. She's never been put in her place or had anyone teach her respect.
Wow.. that statement feels like you would of liked the world to stay in 1937

KeithVH

Given that the live-action version of Snow White will have substantially different plot, characters, and storyline from the animated version, I would interesting to see whether Evil Queen still give Snow White an poisoned Apple and then eat it thus died as the animated one? If does, assuming that this live-action version doesn't have Prince Charming, who will save Snow White?

If it's all different then why call it Snow White? If they do go that way, and people go expecting to see SWAT7D and get something totally unexpected, will the paying public be happy? This will all end in tears . . .

LSLS

We have next to no idea what the final product is going to be like. Preemptive outrage is a waste of energy and bad for the soul. I know it’s a highly unfashionable approach here in the forum, but I’m actually going to wait to see the film before judging it one way or the other.
True, but you do have interviews where they discuss the changes, so the assumptions are not totally blind guesses. If Joe Rhode came out and said they were going to paint the castle bright purple with neon orange stripes and eliminate the stained glass in them (back when he still worked there), I wouldn't say "Lets see how it looks before judging," (and I'll say I don't think what we know so far means the changes are to that degree, but just making my point).

Personally, I'm not overly attached to a movie so it's not going to get me upset, but I can see how some might be when it's the same studio using the same name. People are very sensitive to movies they grew up with for some reason.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I feel like she needs media training or something...although it seems like common sense to me that you should not take shots at Disney's previous work to promote your own...
It's a shame because she is an all around great actress and I was intrigued they cast her for the role. But her behavior lately has really been a major red flag. I hope she matures because I'd hate to see a talent like this thrown away.

Communicora

Premium Member
The animated Snow White still exists. Absolutely nothing is ruined. This is another adaptation of a story that’s been adapted countless times, and Disney’s certainly wasn’t the first.

Yes, but she references it directly when saying how this version is going to be different AKA better.

Yeah, I didn't get it. There is a way to pump up her new movie without specifically hating on the original. It came across as an unnecessary and direct attack. And if it was in response to specific questions from the media about it, well, don't take the bait.

I feel like she needs media training or something...although it seems like common sense to me that you should not take shots at Disney's previous work to promote your own...

She does need media training, but she may have learned the talking points about the new version directly from studio leadership.

Disney likes the cash. The company also views Mr. Bailey’s remake operation as crucial to remaining relevant. Disney’s animated classics are treasured by fans, but most showcase ideas from another era, especially when it comes to gender roles: Be pretty, girls, and things might work out.
The reimaginings, as Mr. Bailey refers to his remakes, find ways to make Disney stories less retrograde.

LittleBuford

and I'll say I don't think what we know so far means the changes are to that degree, but just making my point
But that’s the point. The changes that have been announced aren’t inherently bad, unlike your painting-the-castle-purple-and-orange analogy. They may result in a successful movie, a bad movie, or something in between. We simply don’t know enough at this stage to say. People are allowing themselves—and it really is a choice one has control over—to get worked up unnecessarily.

Phroobar

Actors and actresses at least had respect back then and knew how to hype their products without coming across as crass 🤷‍♂️
Back then actors & actresses were reading from scripts on the radio. They always sounded like they are reading.

Smarter actors today go by the talking points only during an interview. They don't stray. It is the dumber younger ones like Rachel Zegler and Brie Larson that aren't as well handled that stray off the talking points script because they don't have enough experience to know better.

LSLS

But that’s the point. The changes that have been announced aren’t inherently bad, unlike your painting-the-castle-purple-and-orange analogy. They may result in a successful movie, a bad movie, or something in between. We simply don’t know enough at this stage to say. People are allowing themselves—and it really is a choice one has control over—to get worked up unnecessarily.

Coloring a castle is inherently bad either. People are equating it to what they are seeing elsewhere in other remakes of Disney things and running with it. You are correct, we don't know the final product, so I personally am not all that worked up. And to be fair, if it's not what others think/pretty much know and did stick to the exact script more or less, I'd not be interested at all either. I just understand why there is anger right now.

Phroobar

As someone who has followed the DC films over the last decade, I can’t tell you how many turkeys had rave reviews from the test screenings where those canvassed said it was DC’s best film since “The Dark Knight.”
Quotes from test screening audiences are always filtered or just made up by marketing.

TP2000

Quotes from test screening audiences are always filtered or just made up by marketing.

I loved it. Much better than Cats.

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0240a4d84199200d-800wi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom