Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

AdventureHasAName

Five year olds will value what we teach them to value. If they see a movie that teaches them physical beauty is paramount, that’s what they’ll strive for and be disappointed if they don’t reach it.
I disagree. An individual's conception of physical beauty is inherent, not learned. It's not taught from cartoons.

Is that what you want for a five year old who does not have society’s conventional ideal of beauty?
What I want (or don't want) isn't going to change human nature. And human nature is to strive to be as physically attractive as reasonably possible. Good or bad is irrelevant; it is what it is. Although, I will say it is one of the foundations of what has kept the species alive.

AdventureHasAName

the queen falls off a cliff fighting the dwarfs, the Prince shemet earlier kisses her and reawakens her, they live happily ever after.

but also the friendship love she has with the dwarfs.
This can't be correct because the dwarfs you describe sound very brave and loyal, yet I read earlier in the thread that someone with a doctorate had decided the film provides a negative depiction of dwarfism.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Clementianna and an expanded mini-verse where every character's backstory will populate even more feeder movies. Might be a D23 item, but might not, we'l see.

wtyy21

Snow white had test screening while ago.

And here i suspected would be the official poster of the movie.
F2aLmflbAAAy2Sz.jpeg

Phroobar

Ghostbusters Afterlife 2 has been pushed to March 2024 because of the strike. This will put it up again Snow White & Elio. Godzilla vs Kong the New Empire is scheduled for then too.

Ghost93

Thanks for sharing this! I just hope all the bad publicity hasn’t killed whatever chance this film had of being judged on its own merits.
I either never knew or had forgotten that Greta Gerwig wrote the script for the remake! That piques my interest a bit.

I do fear even if the remake is good, that negative pre-emptive backlash will harm the movie in advance.

TsWade2

This is getting ridiculous! Live Action movie of Pinocchio is bad enough. I never watch Peter Pan and Wendy, and I'm pretty sure I won't see this one. Like I said, if it flops, that's totally fine with me. Because this live action remake nonsense must come to an end. Of course, that upcoming short Once Upon A Studio will be my antidote of thinking of Live Action Remakes replacing animated classic versions is nonsense.

Last edited:

DKampy

I either never knew or had forgotten that Greta Gerwig wrote the script for the remake! That piques my interest a bit.

I do fear even if the remake is good, that negative pre-emptive backlash will harm the movie in advance.
this is the one thing that gives me hope for the movie…generally speaking I have enjoyed most what Greta Gerwig has had a hand in…I am sure some narratives online will run with this movie is “ woke” written by a “feminist”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
this is the one thing that gives me hope for the movie…generally speaking I have enjoyed most what Greta Gerwig has had a hand in…I am sure some narratives online will run with this movie is “ woke” written by a “feminist”

For all the self-respect you have left dont search for her in Google right now, its garish.

GimpYancIent

This is getting ridiculous! Live Action movie of Pinocchio is bad enough. I never watch Peter Pan and Wendy, and I'm pretty sure I won't see this one. Like I said, if it flops, that's totally fine with me. Because this live action remake nonsense must come to an end. Of course, that upcoming short Once Upon A Studio will be my antidote of thinking of Live Action Remakes replacing animated classic versions nonsense.
Yes, the only way Disney stops generating "Live Action Remakes" is when there no longer is an audience spending their time and MONEY in theaters watching them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom