Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

TsWade2

Yes, the only way Disney stops generating "Live Action Remakes" is when there no longer is an audience spending their time and MONEY in theaters watching them.
That's going to be tough, but I'm certainly not interested with that remake. And now Rachel Zegler is becoming a total...classic hater! 😡

GimpYancIent

That's going to be tough, but I'm certainly not interested with that remake. And now Rachel Zegler is becoming a total...classic hater! 😡
Well, her acting abilities are different than her off script commentary, two different things. Her going off script did not come across well. As for her commentary about compensation I am sure she negotiated her own contract, or rather her representative did. As for the viewing public if her acting is quality people will want to see her if not, she will find herself not being cast for anything. Gal Gadot is talking about Wonder Woman 3 already not Snow White.

TP2000

Hire someone at Universal to make a great trailer and than hope for great reviews, that's the only chance this has at making money

That would be a good tactic for next February.

But right now, in August 2023 they need to get Rachel Zegler to stop talking to anyone except her dog and her mom and her boyfriend.

The interviews she's done about Snow White have been badly received recently, and now this week she's making Social Media commentary on the strike picket lines that makes her look like a spoiled brat and narcissistic loony toon while also tying her directly to the Snow White movie.

Whoever is in charge of Talent Relations at Disney needs to get her to clam up and be silent until the press tours next February. And then in February she needs to only stick to her Disney approved talking points while she smiles and does vapid interviews for Entertainment Tonight and Good Morning Chattanooga.

Just get her to stop talking immediately, to help limit the damage she's already done.

Farerb

Why do people have an issue with Disney modernizing Snow White but they didn't have this issue when they did it to Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing this! I just hope all the bad publicity hasn’t killed whatever chance this film had of being judged on its own merits.
Well you can thank the truly ridiculous and unprofessional behavior by the lead actress for any reputation the film has. It's clear she has zero ability to speak without sounding like a typical modern day 22 year old cry baby. She's never been put in her place or had anyone teach her respect.

Casper Gutman

Well you can thank the truly ridiculous and unprofessional behavior by the lead actress for any reputation the film has. It's clear she has zero ability to speak without sounding like a typical modern day 22 year old cry baby. She's never been put in her place or had anyone teach her respect.
“Put in her place”

Who, precisely, is she meant to respect? Iger?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
“Put in her place”

Who, precisely, is she meant to respect? Iger?
She is an actress. Nobody wants to hear her cry about inequities or why Snow White should be a strong independent woman who don't need a man. It's a shame this movie is this far along because if I was Iger, I would remove her from the film to teach her a lesson and hopefully give her some humility.

Casper Gutman

She is an actress. Nobody wants to hear her cry about inequities or why Snow White should be a strong independent woman who don't need a man. It's a shame this movie is this far along because if I was Iger, I would remove her from the film to teach her a lesson and hopefully give her some humility.
This is an amazing post. Iger the stern patriarch.

GimpYancIent

I thought Maleficent was good.

To me it was a new story, not a destructive remake of a classic.
Yes. It was its own story, its own title, while respecting the classic. This live action remake of Snow White is not coming across, thus far, the same way. It is like the writers, actors and producers became so preoccupied with labor / management / contractual issues and forgot about the quality of their craft plus impact on the audience.

Disstevefan1

Yes. It was its own story, its own title, while respecting the classic. This live action remake of Snow White is not coming across, thus far, the same way. It is like the writers, actors and producers became so preoccupied with labor / management / contractual issues and forgot about the quality of their craft plus impact on the audience.
Trophy.png

LSLS

Honestly it's surprising to me they aren't following the Maleficent concept more than they are with how popular villains are (especially these older ones). This feels like a prime movie for them to follow the villain craze and make the queen the star of the film. Name the movie after her and run with it in that direction.

Casper Gutman

Honestly it's surprising to me they aren't following the Maleficent concept more than they are with how popular villains are (especially these older ones). This feels like a prime movie for them to follow the villain craze and make the queen the star of the film. Name the movie after her and run with it in that direction.
I wish they followed the Maleficent/ Cruella/ Cinderella model more, but they simply don’t make the money of the more direct adaptations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom