Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Ghost93

To be fair, I always assumed in the original movie that when the mirror described Snow White as "fairest in the land" it was referring to her inner beauty and that the Queen misinterpreted it. I guess nowadays they just really need to spell it out more for the audience. I don't think that's a bad change to make to emphasize the mirror is talking about being just and good rather than "whose the hottest?"

Vegas Disney Fan

It's almost as if they want to lose at least a hundred million dollars on each movie, isn't it? o_O
It’ll be interesting to see if this continues, this movie was cast under Chapek and the former DEI exec, will Bob 1 continue this trend of inclusion over money or put profits above all else again?

My moneys on money but it wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong with Bob 1, I thought he’d undo all of Chapeks unpopular park changes and nearly a year in the only change has been free resort parking.

doctornick

To be fair, I always assumed in the original movie that when the mirror described Snow White as "fairest in the land" it was referring to her inner beauty and that the Queen misinterpreted it. I guess nowadays they just really need to spell it out more for the audience. I don't think that's a bad change to make to emphasize the mirror is talking about being just and good rather than "whose the hottest?"
Then how in the world was the Evil Queen - you know the one who took her step daughter and made her into a servant - the “fairest” for so many years?

doctornick

I can’t tell if this is in reference to complexion or attractiveness. To be clear, when the Queen is asking the Magic Mirror who the fairest is, she’s asking who is the most beautiful.
Of course. But it sounds like Disney is trying to change that to using “fairest” in the sense of “most just” in the new film. Which doesn’t make any sense for the Evil Queen to be asking about but would be consistent with their attempts to reframe their old movies with a modern ethos.

I’m guessing the Queen will be asking who is the “fairest” meaning prettiest but the Mirror will cheekily answer in terms of most just and say Snow but the Queen won’t realize. Also avoids the horrible concept of Snow White being praised for her beauty.

LittleBuford

But it sounds like Disney is trying to change that to using “fairest” in the sense of “most just” in the new film.
Is this based on further details that have come to light? I may have missed an update.

I too imagine they’ll move away from making it about beauty, but I’ve heard nothing about such a play on the word “fair”.

doctornick

Is this based on further details that have come to light? I may have missed an update.

I too imagine they’ll move away from making it about beauty, but I’ve heard nothing about such a play on the word “fair”.

I might be jumping to conclusions but I don’t think I am:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Hunger Games franchise was very popular and successful. I don’t see why this film which is coming nearly 10 years after the last film, won’t be successful.
The questions is, is there an audience that wants to see President Snow when he was mentor to a young tribute whom he falls in love with. Maybe, but it'll be interesting to see what appears to be a take on the rich spoiled brat falls for the poor scrappy kid from the other side of the tracks trope played out in the Hunger Games world.

MagicHappens1971

The questions is, is there an audience that wants to see President Snow when he was mentor to a young tribute whom he falls in love with. Maybe, but it'll be interesting to see what appears to be a take on the rich spoiled brat falls for the poor scrappy kid from the other side of the tracks trope played out in the Hunger Games world.
Have you read the book?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Have you read the book?
No, but have seen all the previous films and watched this trailer. So I don't know the actual story, other than what I've seen in the trailer. I'm going in blind, like I like to do with any of these adaptations from books. As in my experience the movies never live up to the images we build in our heads when reading the books.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m guessing the Queen will be asking who is the “fairest” meaning prettiest but the Mirror will cheekily answer in terms of most just and say Snow but the Queen won’t realize. Also avoids the horrible concept of Snow White being praised for her beauty.

Even that twist leaves a huge plot hole because the Evil queen would have to be the second most “just” person for it to create such a grudge against Snow. If she was the least fair person (being evil) she’d have no reason to single out Snow White.

If the evil queen is the second most just person in the land they have bigger issues than an Evil Queen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom