Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Willmark

If there are no changes and that was the plan all along, why delay the movie until 2025?

Especially, Given their light release schedule in 2024.

This can’t be explained away by the pandemic, changes in audience habits the actors strike, etc.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If there are no changes and that was the plan all along, why delay the movie until 2025?

Especially, Given their light release schedule in 2024.

This can’t be explained away by the pandemic, changes in audience habits the actors strike, etc.
It was the actors strike, same reason why other studios moved movies around the same time. It was unknown at the time when it was moved that the strike would be over in a couple weeks. Unless of course you think that Paramount which moved MI:8 also a whole year into 2025 only a couple days before also has "changes" to its film.

Willmark

It was the actors strike, same reason why other studios moved movies around the same time. It was unknown at the time when it was moved that the strike would be over in a couple weeks. Unless of course you think that Paramount which moved MI:8 also a whole year into 2025 only a couple days before also has "changes" to its film.
The actors strike pushed back an already shot movie from its release date in spring 2024 to 2025?

It required that much post-production work they needed and extra year based on the actors strike?

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The actors strike pushed back an already shot movie from its release date in spring 2024 to 2025?

It required that much post-production work they needed and extra year based on the actors strike?
Many movies got pushed back because of the strike, many already finished, and yes some by a year or more. Basically the whole calendar shifted because of the strikes. As I mentioned even Paramount pushed back MI:8 a year from June 2024 to May 2025. The calendar only in the last week has started shifting again now that the strikes are over, Studios should start moving some movies back into 2024.

Not everything related to Disney or this movie is some conspiracy.

Willmark

Many movies got pushed back because of the strike, many already finished, and yes some by a year or more. Basically the whole calendar shifted because of the strikes. As I mentioned even Paramount pushed back MI:8 a year from June 2024 to May 2025. The calendar only in the last week has started shifting again now that the strikes are over, Studios should start moving some movies back into 2024.

Not everything related to Disney or this movie is some conspiracy.
I said conspiracy? Where?

Willmark

If you believe there is extra production work, which has not even been rumored nor confirmed, to be done on this movie based on unverified assumptions, that by definition is a conspiracy.

There is no reported extra production work needed on this film, the film is finished. It just got moved due to the strike.
Right, so I didn’t say conspiracy. Thanks for confirming.

TP2000

I am baffled by that reasoning as well.

Especially since Disney is about to go into a six month long stretch where they will release no movies in theaters, and they have a $200 Million tentpole done and sitting on the shelf but have decided to wait another 16 months to release it in March, 2025?

The strike that's now over is a patently absurd reason to delay an allegedly completed movie an additional year.

Dranth

I think the bigger issue is the strikes lasted a good while and many studios are moving completed movies so they have something to fill the gap while they get production back up and running. It has the added benefit of giving more time for all the discourse around the film to die down.

Willmark

I think the bigger issue is the strikes lasted a good while and many studios are moving completed movies so they have something to fill the gap while they get production back up and running. It has the added benefit of giving more time for all the discourse around the film to die down.
It’s entirely possible. I noted my wondering in the form of a question (even used a ?) so kudos to you for thoughtful commentary.

As to your last its very possible, Disney is not dumb and realizes they need some space/damage control what have you with Snow White.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Recasting existing characters who have established backstory and lore, rooted in actual places and times in human history, with minorities for no narrative purpose other than proving your progressive bona fides is "culture war," yes. It's the recasting that's the problem, because it implies that the whiteness of the characters in the source material is an evil that needs to be corrected.

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Falcon = Good

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Captain America = Also Good!

Anthony Mackie as Steve Rogers = Bad
BS. This is snowflake territory.

TalkingHead

From Variety today: https://variety.com/2023/film/featu...w-white-little-mermaid-toxic-fans-1235821342/

IMG_3850.jpeg

Look at that, marketing clean-up in Fantasyland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom