Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This article makes a lot of the same points that I have about why Snow White could be an excellent film.
Wait, are we allow to read and even post it if its not bashing the whole idea of Disney remaking their most iconic film?

erasure fan1

I am too. I'm hoping the year wait will cause some of those rumors and speculation to die down.
The rumors and speculation will die down when either, Disney puts the speculation to bed. Or once the main trailer is released. Until then, the speculation will continue for right or wrong.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The rumors and speculation will die down when either, Disney puts the speculation to bed. Or once the main trailer is released. Until then, the speculation will continue for right or wrong.
I'm talking about in main stream media, not this forum. I'm sure they'll continue to be discussed in this forum/thread even after the movie is released.

So this forum/thread aside, unless something else gets brought up once its out of the news cycle they'll be forgotten until D23 next year when a trailer is likely released.

TP2000

So the actor's strike ended a week ago, and within hours Disney sent Brie Larson out to shill The Marvels on The Tonight Show that only gets 275,000 TV viewers under age 55 per night.

So why does Snow White have to be pushed back an entire year now? It was supposed to debut four months from now in March, 2024. But now it's pushed back an entire year until 2025? Why?

If the seven dwarves were always in the movie, and production on the film wrapped up last summer, why the massive delay?

Phroobar

So the actor's strike ended a week ago, and within hours Disney sent Brie Larson out to shill The Marvels on The Tonight Show that only gets 275,000 TV viewers under age 55 per night.

So why does Snow White have to be pushed back an entire year now? It was supposed to debut four months from now in March, 2024. But now it's pushed back an entire year until 2025? Why?

If the seven dwarves were always in the movie, and production on the film wrapped up last summer, why the massive delay?
Because they have to reshoot the scenes with Rachel Zegler with a new actress.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

It was pushed back prior to the strike ending. It was unknown at the time it was pushed back that it would have ended when it did, ie it could have kept going. It may move forward back into 2024, or may stay where it is. Release schedules get adjusted all the time. But notice how other studios also moved movies around the same time and none have moved them back yet, even though the strike is over. So I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Trying to read more into it than that is trading on conspiracy theories that are likely unfounded.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I am more convinced than ever that Rachel Zegler is the right choice for Snow White after seeing The Hunger Games… That girl can sing
I saw it last night, and think she is a great actress and good singer. I just didn't like the character she was playing, but that is more a critic on the story and not her acting.

DKampy

It was pushed back prior to the strike ending. It was unknown at the time it was pushed back that it would have ended when it did, ie it could have kept going. It may move forward back into 2024, or may stay where it is. Release schedules get adjusted all the time. But notice how other studios also moved movies around the same time and none have moved them back yet, even though the strike is over. So I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Trying to read more into it than that is trading on conspiracy theories that are likely unfounded.
Including Disney moving another movie a year out

Jedijax719

This movie NEEDS to just be put on D+ to save Disney from even more utter embarrassment. Every bit of pre-marketing for this movie has been beyond cringe-worthy making Disney want to hide its head in public to avoid association. Or at least they SHOULD feel that way. At least on D+, it can be somewhat "hidden" from mass media execution.

DKampy

But can she sell enough movie tickets for a film to break even? So far, the answer there is no.
We don’t know yet…Zegler was a virtual unknown before West Side Story… her role in Shazam was barely noticeable… I didn’t even realize she was in the movie and I watched it on MAX… granted the film was awful and I checked out early on… but I would gather most don’t know who she is unless you follow certain social media circles

But in my mind she can act and sing

Chi84

Premium Member
This movie NEEDS to just be put on D+ to save Disney from even more utter embarrassment. Every bit of pre-marketing for this movie has been beyond cringe-worthy making Disney want to hide its head in public to avoid association. Or at least they SHOULD feel that way. At least on D+, it can be somewhat "hidden" from mass media execution.
What pre-marketing are you talking about?

Vegas Disney Fan

So putting minorities in movies is “culture war” now?
Unfortunately for Disney everything they’ve done since the parental rights / don’t say gay controversy has been politicized.

They’ve tried to quiet the controversy but they are still stuck in the middle of the culture wars and everything they do is likely to be viewed through a microscope until it blows over.

CaptainAmerica

So putting minorities in movies is “culture war” now?
Recasting existing characters who have established backstory and lore, rooted in actual places and times in human history, with minorities for no narrative purpose other than proving your progressive bona fides is "culture war," yes. It's the recasting that's the problem, because it implies that the whiteness of the characters in the source material is an evil that needs to be corrected.

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Falcon = Good

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Captain America = Also Good!

Anthony Mackie as Steve Rogers = Bad

DKampy

Recasting existing characters who have established backstory and lore, rooted in actual places and times in human history, with minorities for no narrative purpose other than proving your progressive bona fides is "culture war," yes. It's the recasting that's the problem, because it implies that the whiteness of the characters in the source material is an evil that needs to be corrected.

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Falcon = Good

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson, aka Captain America = Also Good!

Anthony Mackie as Steve Rogers = Bad
It’s funny only a specific group of people ever mention a culture war…I wonder why that is…🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom