Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

That makes sense. I mean, theres been a lot of controversy going on with the movie, especially what Rachel Zelger. While I'm not interested with this live action remake, but it's understandable that it gets delayed. ;)

The fact that Disney will now have another whole year to work on this film means that Zegler's attitude is what will likely keep me away from seeing this film. I wish she would've been more like Elle Fanning and Lily James, who updated the Princesses they were playing, Aurora and Cinderella, respectively, but they also stayed true to the original source material. Gal Gadot is probably the only reason to get me to see this.

Here's another press interview with Elle Fanning where she is not attacking the animated Aurora or the film. She's simply saying that she is adding depth to her character that wasn't in the original.

What was unfaithful about Zegler’s portrayal of Snow White in the new film?

Based on what Zegler is saying it doesn't sound like she will be bringing Snow White's innocence, girl-next-door, or compassion. She just wants to make her a fully outspoken, women's lib character.

Chi84

Premium Member
Here's another press interview with Elle Fanning where she is not attacking the animated Aurora or the film. She's simply saying that she is adding depth to her character that wasn't in the original.

Based on what Zegler is saying it doesn't sound like she will be bringing Snow White's innocence, girl-next-door, or compassion. She just wants to make her a fully outspoken, women's lib character.

Zegler is hired to deliver the lines written for her in the manner decided by the director of the film.

She has nothing to do with whether the character she plays is an innocent girl next door or an outspoken “women’s lib” (haven’t heard that in awhile) character.

You may have an issue with Disney if the film turns out to be something you don’t like. But your objections have nothing to do with the actor hired for the film.

Also, here's another nice interview with Lily James. She talks about that moment when Cinderella reached rock bottom and needed that night at the ball and love after everything she's been through.

She and Elle Fanning come across as professionals while Zegler comes across as a bratty diva. She needed better media training for this project.

Chi84

Premium Member
Also, here's another nice interview with Lily James. She talks about that moment when Cinderella reached rock bottom and needed that night at the ball and love after everything she's been through.

She and Elle Fanning come across as professionals while Zegler comes across as a bratty diva. She needed better media training for this project.

Those women were discussing the roles they played in the movies they were in; Zegler was talking about the role she is playing in the movie she was hired for. If Disney has an issue with what she said, they can fire her. My thought is that she was accurately describing her role in the movie.

Disney Analyst

Those women were discussing the roles they played in the movies they were in; Zegler was talking about the role she is playing in the movie she was hired for. If Disney has an issue with what she said, they can fire her. My thought is that she was accurately describing her role in the movie.

The narrative that has been created surrounding Rachel is so absurd, and so obviously driven by the usual suspects on the internet, to continuously rage farm and grift off that rage and drama.

She’s a very talented, and seemingly kind human being who’s gotten her big break. It’s disheartening the vitriol thrown at a younger new talent. People act as if she pushed grandma down into traffic.

It’s ridiculous. Frankly I am sick of it.

Chi84

Premium Member
She’s a very talented, and seemingly kind human being who’s gotten her big break. It’s disheartening the vitriol thrown at a younger new talent. People act as if she pushed grandma down into traffic.

It’s ridiculous. Frankly I am sick of it.
Me too. I’m still trying to find out what she said that was so wrong.

She was hired to play Snow White in a movie she had no part in writing or producing. Her comments were in support of the movie she’s acting in and probably describe it accurately. Disney is making a modern version of the movie that doesn’t have the same sort of princess it had in 1937.

If people don’t like what they think the movie is going to be (based on almost no information from Disney) that’s fine. But Zegler’s comments in support of the film she’s in are pretty normal statements.

People here are calling her a miserable human being. Why?

Last edited:

TP2000

Nothing screams creative confidence like a late news drop on a Friday.

It makes me think that they were rushing to get this announcement out there while the strike was still on. The last 48 hours have had meaningful progress with SAG-AFTRA and they are continuing to negotiate into the weekend, with rumors that they may have a deal to announce by Monday or Tuesday.

So Disney had to announce the one year delay quickly while they could still use "The Strike" to take part of the blame. Even though it's obvious from the artwork released that the movie was sent back for major rewrites and rethinks, and they've scrapped the Seven Magical Creatures From Portland and have returned to old-timey German-ethnic Seven Dwarves in all their 1937 glory.

They had to get this out there ASAP so they could still blame the strike for part of this mess they created themselves.

Vegas Disney Fan

It feels as if everyone is latching onto rumors and running with it… I think the delay has more to do with the Actor’s strike…Elio was also delayed over a year, but no one is talking about that

Filming had concluded before the actors strike began but it’s possible the strike has affected reshoots, “if” they are making changes to the story that would be even more problematic.

Vegas Disney Fan

Me too. I’m still trying to find out what she said that was so wrong.

She was hired to play Snow White in a movie she had no part in writing or producing. Her comments were in support of the movie she’s acting in and probably describe it accurately. Disney is making a modern version of the movie that doesn’t have the same sort of princess it had in 1937.

If people don’t like what they think the movie is going to be (based on almost no information from Disney) that’s fine. But Zegler’s comments in support of the film she’s in are pretty normal statements.

People here are calling her a miserable human being. Why?
I think this explains it better than anyone here could, and from a fairly unbiased view.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This looks barely better than the animation of Hoodwinked (would you believe, a Weinstein production?).

They'll need a year to make it look... good.

Tho, I do miss the touring production of Godspell's production of Snow White.

Ya know, it could generate a lot of interest and 'event watching' to release the animated dwarf version and the Godspell dwarf version at the same time...

Excuse me, I'm going to the back of the the-ater!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Either these were the original "magical creatures" (dwarfs) all along or Disney decided enough negativity and be closer to the classic film. Either way the final product is having dwarf-like companions for Snow, and they have another year to "address" any potential CG issues.

Much ado about thing in my opinion. Its why I cannot compel myself to care much about pre-release rumors.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think this explains it better than anyone here could, and from a fairly unbiased view.

It doesn't explain the vitriol or people calling her a miserable human being. But I do agree with the article that it wasn't her comments alone that have people so upset. And for what it's worth, I've recently seen the nearly 100-year old movie and I can vouch for the fact that it's "dated." There really is no way to make a live-action version of that movie, which is probably why Disney may be making significant changes.

LittleBuford

No matter what the truth is I'm sure some will say this is Disney's "Ugly Sonic" moment to try to claim some victory.
I think it’s pretty clear I’m not one of the people you’re referring to, yet I cannot explain this latest news other than as an about-face. It was reported a few months ago that the film was near completion and had had positive test screenings. No mention was made of dwarfs at the time. I see no reason to doubt that they’ve been hastily added to placate the naysayers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it’s pretty clear I’m not one of the people you’re referring to, yet I cannot explain this latest news other than as an about-face. It was reported a few months ago that the film was near completion and had had positive test screenings. No mention was made of dwarfs at the time. I see no reason to doubt that they’ve been hastily added to placate the naysayers.
Yeah not you... :)

As long as the final result is a good movie, I don't really care how many times they tweak and change it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom