Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

CaptinEO

I think modern Disney is just bad at making films now but it's not like a race or culture makes a movie good or bad, it's the storytelling and writing.

Most these remakes are so bloated and miss the point of what made people like them in the first place.

You see this with Star Wars, some fans claim the movies are bad cause there is diversity, which makes no sense to me. It's all about writing.

Disstevefan1

yes. None of these “stand ins” have the telltale motion capture dots one often sees with fully realized CGI characters

this has ”Sonic’s teeth” written all over it
Trophy.png

Tha Realest

Hear me out: maybe those “magical creatures” for the earlier leaked photo are still in the film, but take on the appearance of dwarfs in certain circumstances? It still doesn’t account for how a multiethnic, gender (and height) diverse group looks like a homogenous group of garden gnomes.

This seems like the likeliest explanation I’ve seen so far:

Phroobar

Hear me out: maybe those “magical creatures” for the earlier leaked photo are still in the film, but take on the appearance of dwarfs in certain circumstances? It still doesn’t account for how a multiethnic, gender (and height) diverse group looks like a homogenous group of garden gnomes.

The body doubles looked better!!!

doctornick

So, as I've mentioned before, I've generally not seen these live action remakes in theaters but I will say that just the release of this image makes me like a hundred times more interested in seeing this film than what we saw before. So, shifting from "I guess maybe I'll check it out on Disney+ sometime to see if it's a trainwreck" to "maybe it might be okay and I'll pencil it in to watch as soon as it comes out".

Really curious if the storyline we have heard about has also changed to be closer to the original Disney film.

TP2000

The live-action Snow White has reportedly been delayed to March 21, 2025.

This is hysterical! I can only imagine the panic and regrouping that must have taken place over the past four months to cause this rethink of the movie.

Now if they could just create an AI version of Rachel Zegler to send out on PR interviews without going off script, they'll be all set. See you in '25! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Chi84

Premium Member
I asked in another thread but maybe this one is more appropriate. Did Disney make an official statement that they were not going to have dwarfs? I thought I read something but I can’t find anything from Disney.

TP2000

I asked in another thread but maybe this one is more appropriate. Did Disney make an official statement that they were not going to have dwarfs? I thought I read something but I can’t find anything from Disney.

And also this from The Hollywood Reporter...

Vegas Disney Fan

I have mixed feelings on them going with a CGI-gnome like design for the dwarves. On one hand, it robs dwarf actors of an acting opportunity. On the other hand, it makes it blatant that these are fantasy-like creatures not to be confused with humans with actual dwarfism, and that distinction might help prevent the film from perpetuating stereotypes about real-life dwarves.

Makes sense but it would have looked better to simply put makeup and prosthetics on real actors who are little people, and provided them work also.

The fact it’s CG feels like this is a last minute change to try to salvage a movie they knew was going to struggle at the box office.

TP2000

At first glance I thought "Well, some of them aren't dwarves, they're taller than she is." But... nope.

Five of the Seven Dwarves are sitting or standing on top of a kitchen table, the same table that Snow is perched on. They're all dwarves and all much shorter than she is. Also, they are all of European descent now, all male, and all... dwarves. 🤣

Notice the table legs in the photo, to prove that these dwarves are standing on a table behind her.

Table Talk.jpg

Chi84

Premium Member
The statement there said they were going to avoid reinforcing stereotypes, were taking a different approach with these seven characters and were consulting with members of the dwarfism community.

Did Disney follow up with any statement that the seven characters would not be dwarfs as opposed to not being the type of dwarfs portrayed in the animated version?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom